• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Iv'e done some reading into this.... long story short im trying to get off benzos, and also have pain issues, does anyone have this perscribed for anxiety disorders? I'm keen to give this one a go, Says its a less kind of addictive thing than benzos for example, but i see a lot of people sayin they get fucked up offa it. So whats the story? overuse lead to WD's if so surley not as bad as benzos. I also use op8s, and have seen the list of interactions this has with other drugs, Would it be safe to be on this andd continue to have the occasional oxy or codeine etc?
Also being in oz i hear its pretty hard to get perscribed, can anyone confirm this?
cheers:)

My doc prescribed this to me along with 40mg of Valium... as a taper from 2mg of Klonopin a day... but he gave me no guidelines on how much of this stuff to take, I don't think he even knows... Has anybody done a taper off of benzos with Lyrica? Is this is even smart? It seems like I would just get addicted to the Lyrica, which is more expensive, and probably has the same or worse withdrawals???

My doc prescribed this to me along with 40mg of Valium... as a taper from 2mg of Klonopin a day... but he gave me no guidelines on how much of this stuff to take, I don't think he even knows... Has anybody done a taper off of benzos with Lyrica? Is this is even smart? It seems like I would just get addicted to the Lyrica, which is more expensive, and probably has the same or worse withdrawals???

False on same or worse withdrawals. Benzodiazepines are known to have much worse withdrawal, but some people here have reported some nasty pregabalin withdrawals for sure.

As far as more expensive. If you ain't got insurance, fuck yes. :\

^ what about in Austrailia?? i asked a few questions a few posts up..... id like to also know now if this is on PBS here in OZ:\
otherwise im pretty much fucked

i took 900mg last night and it didnt do ANYTHING. i mean seriously, nothing! wow.

i dont have a choice but to get on low dose klonopin now. even if it takes 2 weeks before i can use lyrica again ill do it. the stuff is fucking great for anxiety. i wouldnt say that you get a tolerance to it, it just stops working. i never really had to go above 300mg for it to help but at around 2 months it stopped working.

oh my god, all this shit about it being worse than benzos and opiates combined as far as wd is absurd. the only wd ive felt from it is feeling crappy, which is how i feel when i dont take any medication at all. its not very bad. nothing compared to what ive heard being to xanax is like. it would be excellent for tapering off of benzos. there is no way you would get addicted to it if you used it for a month or less. it takes at least a month of daily use to get addicted to benzos or opioids so i would think the same carries here. even after 3 months im not addicted to it.

the problem lays within taking HUGE recreational doses. after 4 months of taking 900mg a day yes you are going to be uncomfortable when you stop. but the same would apply for any C-V med. take assloads of codeine syrup everyday for several months and guess what. not gonna feel good.

I've taken about 900mg now and not feeling a damn thing. Maybe a bit more sedated? Seems like a rather pointless drug...

@ hdpt, ive been taking lyrica for around 1.5 years~, and generally if i wanted recreational effects after a period of ..recreational dosing(?), then it would take about 3 weeks of non-use, usually 4 or so though to feel any of the anaxiolytic and euphoric properties again.

It feels like..
Well, I would compare it to how benzodiazepines generally produce anxiety relief and therapeutic benefit at lower doses than needed for hypnotic effects, whereas, pregabalin produces anxiety relief (it's closest-related GABAergic-type effect) lower than needed to produce it's 'high'.

In conclusion, you get the 'high' back before it regains it's carelessness and somewhat uplifting properties..the GABAergic-feel part, which kind of sucks.

Lyrica & its Dissociative Properties

I've been taking Lyrica for about 3 months (150mg twice a day) to help with a case of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome caused by an injury to the nerves in my arm. I'm taking other medications as well for pain, such as methadone (all prescribed) but my pain has been much reduced by physical therapy, and in the last few weeks has approached normal levels, w/ only occasional breakthrough pain, so I can resume my normal life (go back to school :D). Because my pain has become so manageable in recent weeks I've been able to experiment very cautiously w/ Lyrica for its alleged recreational potential, reasoning that I'm not ever liable to have the opportunity again.

SO...after that long intro, I want to ask: Has anyone felt that Lyrica, has almost a mild but definite dissociative quality (think LOW 2nd plateau DXM)? On the two occasions that I've experimented with it, I've found that apart from the weightless feelings and the anxiolytic effects, (at doses between 450-600) it can also cause feelings of deep introspection. If one sits down in a darkened room, with a sheet over ones face, it can lead to unique CEV's and pseudo-visionary qualities, feeling as though your peering into another universe. Also, these visions seems to be so immersive that they can evoke delusional thoughts or ideas, which are recognized as such, but still seem plausible. For example, after seeing what looked like a number of slowly dancing white fairies on the floating sheets of glass (with my face under a pillow), I began to briefly entertain the notion that elves were controlling my immediate universe. Has anyone else had similar experiences? I have found the CEV's on Lyrica (such as incredibly complex buildings, structures, and machinery) to be very enveloping in a dissociative-esqe way.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Last edited:
I recon I have a high tolerance for lyrica since I have been on max dose on neruotin and a lot of other similar "Painkillers" so after I got my 100x75mg pack instead of 56x75 pack I decided to go from 50mg at morning and 75mg at night to 750mg ^^ Feeling awsome at the moment nice calm high sorta like when your drunk but not to drunk . Im only worried how long this will last? Doc said it works for 12 hours how long does the high last?

To update on my 900mg - I ended up finishing the entire bottle... so 19 pills at 50mg each - 950mg - I ended up just blacking out and waking up in my bed.

Never really got anything that I can call a "euphoria" - in fact, it was a huge waste. I don't think I'll bother with my last three bottles.

Can anyone tell me please.how much lyrica would lower testosterone level's in male's?

Update on my 1gr dose, passed out in my char around 6-7am and woke up 3pm still pretty effected like im in a strong buzzed state. This shit last for long, also gone get it free when I build up to max dose^^.

taking over say 800mg is wastful. been such a long time since ive got high on this shit. the trick is not to get addicted.

I stopped from taking pregabalin "cold turkey" and felt no withdrawl. I stupid much stupid.

Ive been on lyrica for 5 months for my benzo withdrawal.. Im up to 500 mg now. I feel nothing from it. Its magic is gone. I do believe that my benzo withdrawal would be worse without it however, but I cant be sure about that.

Gone try a dose of 300 ( The dose I can take with out "abuse" ( 300 morning/night) Then work my way up 75mg /houer to see the results. Anyone know if lyrica is deposit? And can be extracted to get bigger effect on a shorter period? What I learned so fare myself is if you do a big dose very late at night you dont work to well the next day.

Last night I got "Seasick" watching a car chase in a movie.

taking over say 800mg is wastful. been such a long time since ive got high on this shit. the trick is not to get addicted.
lyrica is addicting? Im suppose to take 600mg/day on a good day, right now I only got tramadol as a "Upper" on a bad day but probably get something els that dont interact to much with lyrica soon. ( Sorta hit a wall after prescript abuse and busted for using cannabis thats really above heroin dealers on the wanted list over here.

quick update. For me I dident fell the effect of lyrica until I got to 675mg and hit the sweet spot at 700mg ( got 75 and 25 tablets) It accrued to me that many things can interact with how much you need to get "Buzzed" ore start felling pain relief. Like and please correct me if Im wrong.

body Weight
Pain ;sidenote: I know for a fact that fucks up your cannabis use
tolerance ( use to take 3200mg of nerution daily about a month ago. )
other dudes mixed effect :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been on lyrica for 5 months for my benzo withdrawal.. Im up to 500 mg now. I feel nothing from it. Its magic is gone. I do believe that my benzo withdrawal would be worse without it however, but I cant be sure about that.

Try taking it every 2 or 3 days. I don't feel it at all when I take it every day. Seems like it needs a day to wash out of your system so you can feel it again.