• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I am on both Lyrica and Valium and experience significant cross-tolerance, so don't get your hopes up. I have found that all GABAgeric drugs to form tolerances really quickly, at least in my body. All I can suggest is that you try for a short acting benzo and only use it when absolutely necessary.

Hey there muvolution; what in your mind suggests that there is a cross-tolerance interaction between pregabalin and benzodiazepines? I am interested to hear your thoughts specifically because I, too, am on both Lyrica and Valium (450mg and 20mg/day, respectively) as well as 30mg of Restoril (temazepam) at night for sleep, and I cant say that I've ever noticed Lyrica to promote the tolerance I've held to benzos for 9 years.

It was my understanding that although both pregabalin and diazepam are GABAergic chemical substances, pregabalin doesn't interact with the benzodiazepine-specific (BZD) alpha sub-receptors. Despite this, you are saying it can increase someone's tolerance to benzos?
Another reason this confuses me is because when I began Lyrica about 3 mos. ago, 75-100mg of it would produce a "high" much the same as ~600mg does now. But if benzo tolerance can affect Lyrica tolerance, then it should have taken me a much higher starting dose of Lyrica to feel that way, wouldn't you think?

Look forward to hearin' your thoughts :)

~ vaya

^often people have claimed around here that there will be some cross-tolerance but everything I've read says that there isn't. As you pointed out, they have very different mechanisms of action.

I am still curious what different people consider 'high' with lyrica. I just can't imagine it being possible to get near what I described above with such low doses, especially now that a couple people pointed out there is no link between benzo and pregabalin tolerance, which would mean the 900-1200mg range I needed to get a real high would apply to anyone with no tolerance. I stand by that anything under 450mg you might as well eat a cookie and that is conservative where I don't notice anything under 600.

With that being said anyone else notice joint pain when taking high doses, both starting around the time it peaks and lingering well into the next day? Any idea why this happens?

well I know Baclofen is used to treat joint pain and I think it is a reverse isomer of GABA, so that could explain the joint pain.
I just don't think Lyrica is that recreational.

I have gone to Clemson for five years (yeah super senior I know), and have extensive experience with lyrica.

At first I could take 100mg and colors would pop and mesh so nicely and I just floated through the world. But as everyone here has noted, tolerance came on quickly and the effects are quite variable from person to person. I have, on several occasions, taken doses I wouldn't feel now and been scarily screwed up, twitching and all. But that doesn't happen anymore, and I can take 3g of it and feel less good than if I take 500mg. I don't know why this is.

I also have not ever had any significant withdrawal effects to mention, but I have only been taking it a 3-5x a week and not everyday (for a year).

For anyone that does not have experience with lyrica please start LOW. You can always easily take more, and although I don't think you'd have any serious health problems you can become very uncomfortable and wished youd never taken it.

Be safe and have fun!
Luxurious Beagle

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there muvolution; what in your mind suggests that there is a cross-tolerance interaction between pregabalin and benzodiazepines? I am interested to hear your thoughts specifically because I, too, am on both Lyrica and Valium (450mg and 20mg/day, respectively) as well as 30mg of Restoril (temazepam) at night for sleep, and I cant say that I've ever noticed Lyrica to promote the tolerance I've held to benzos for 9 years.

It was my understanding that although both pregabalin and diazepam are GABAergic chemical substances, pregabalin doesn't interact with the benzodiazepine-specific (BZD) alpha sub-receptors. Despite this, you are saying it can increase someone's tolerance to benzos?
Another reason this confuses me is because when I began Lyrica about 3 mos. ago, 75-100mg of it would produce a "high" much the same as ~600mg does now. But if benzo tolerance can affect Lyrica tolerance, then it should have taken me a much higher starting dose of Lyrica to feel that way, wouldn't you think?

Look forward to hearin' your thoughts :)

~ vaya

yeah, i guess I didn't phrase that right.
People who do not typically experience a "high" from benzos will need more Pregabalin to feel "high" while people who get super fucked up from 1 or 2 valium will only need a bit.
I don't think cross-tolerance was the right term, but there is similar trends in the actions of GABAgeric drugs within populations of people.

and as far as my body, I can take a break from my diazapam and switch to pregabalin without any BZD withdrawals, and vice-versa. Although I never really experience severe benzo WD's.

I am still curious what different people consider 'high' with lyrica. I just can't imagine it being possible to get near what I described above with such low doses, especially now that a couple people pointed out there is no link between benzo and pregabalin tolerance, which would mean the 900-1200mg range I needed to get a real high would apply to anyone with no tolerance. I stand by that anything under 450mg you might as well eat a cookie and that is conservative where I don't notice anything under 600.

my high of 300mg (hig tolerance) is like being drunk but feelling much better.
up to 600mg very talkative and enjoying everything. +1g it's like a little trip, colors are so amazing, I got kind of CEV and it's very enjoyable.

and remember this is with high tolerance so somebody with no tolerance would be much lower.

by the way I changed lyrica for Metamizol for my fyro and it work better!!
taking some xanax ER and clonazepam too :S

taking lyrica at night works better the next day

this is the conlusion of the experiment i have conducted the last few nights.

after several months i no longer felt good from the drug. i felt like shit. i took some at night in efforts to get high and noticed i felt really good the next day. i have been doing this every night for a week and feel like when i first started taking it.

i would suggest trying it and telling me the results.

I feel the same way when I take benzos, if I take them at night I feel awesome the next day

I'm of the ones who can't get high on benzos. Even Rohypnol left me pretty unimpressed - though that was a bit fun. I started out with very large doses of Lyrica as when I first came across these pills I didn't even know they had any use. So I was taking like 7-10 300 mgs for my first tries. After that I cut it back to 4-5, mainly cause of cost of taking these amounts regularly.

But I think the key to recreational Lyrica use is to keep it to once a week. When I first started out I only did it once a week, as I believed they were only effective that way, and would get REALLY fucked up from doing 7-10 300 mgs a night, also from having no tolerance. That was also my strongest experience of the drug.

This might not be possible for those who feel the need to take it more frequently, for whatever reason. If you enjoy it too much to keep it that rare, be aware how much effects will decline with near-daily use, and become more like an antidepressant or anxiety reliever than something to get fucked up from. Though I think it would be wise both with Lyrica and Neurontin, if just to avoid the HORRIFIC 10 DAY WD you go through after getting addicted to this drug (kind of like a combined opiate/benzo WD).

Last edited:
this is the conlusion of the experiment i have conducted the last few nights.

after several months i no longer felt good from the drug. i felt like shit. i took some at night in efforts to get high and noticed i felt really good the next day. i have been doing this every night for a week and feel like when i first started taking it.

i would suggest trying it and telling me the results.

It has been reported by several that taking their dose and going to bed got them waking up feeling beautiful...of course...still finding themselves in the middle of a Lyrica high. Makes sense as a Lyrica high can last for over 12 hours and so how you're still going feel when you wake up. Though the effects should last not too long after waking

I quited Lyrica. I went a weed at a sort of pain hospital. and they gave me Buprenorphine at low dose 0.4mg with some Clonazepam and Lorazepam if I need more. and it does the trick.

No withdrawal felt from my 4 month non stop use of lyrica. Probably covered by the substance above.

Too bad for this medication :'( I like it a lot. I keep a little 800mg for a last recreational use.

Have anyoe noticed that when you take Lyrica opiates don't seem to work as well the day after? Like,you can take more than you did before the day you took it and still feel less? Of course on the day you take Lyrica they are great as they so greatly potentiate it.

Seems like Lyrica cancels itself out on the next day, so maybe this goes for other depressant as well? At least opiates are almost a waste to take for me, or just enough to avoid withdrawals. Anyone else noticed this with any other drugs?

my only hope of being able to form a sentence is stopping this shit for a week. i tried 4 days and it helped a little at first but its not enough. i need a benzo in order to take a break or i get so anxious i cant talk.

ive heard that 1-2 weeks is enough to revert tolerance, but ive heard more variations from others too. can everyone tell me if its possible to regain the efficiency of this stuff and if so how long you need to wait. i would like to take an average of what people say to get a figure. thanks,

I can take 600mg to get high enough that i shouldn't be in public.. e.g loss of coordination and dexterity of motion. but i can cut that to 450 or 500 with equal or better effects in synergy with marijuana. The stuff is a wonderland for synergy. I could sustain that same ceiling with small variation of effects for a week before they declined any significant amount.

For what it's worth, I took an 8 week break after my CT detox. Bizarelly, after this it seemed completely ineffective on me, took me weeks to get weened into it working again. Maybe the CT did so much damage my body it wanted to reject the chemical. Seems to be working like before now though.