• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCE Thread

Is methoxyphenylethylaminoketocyclohexane also 3-meo-pce?? Or is it MXE?

Likely that is methoxetamine, for 3-MeO-PCE lacks the ketone on the cyclohexyl ring. But in that name you posted the locants (numbers in the chemical name) are missing, which leads to the problem that there's no specification how the molecules parts are assembled. There's a difference between 2'-MeO and the 3'-MeO isomers and a bigger difference between for example 1-ethylamino and 3-ethylamino.
However it is unlikely that one stumbles upon one of those substances.

It may sound weird but after reading the whole thread i'm still asking myself what to expect from 3-MeO-PCE?

^ If you've tried MXE then it's quite similar, although I find it feels a lot 'crazier'. I remember reading an interview where the guy compared it to feeling like Inspector Clouseao in a world of Charlie Chaplins or something along those lines. Difficult to describe but I really enjoyed it (more than MXE or 3-MeO-PCP).

Anybody know if plugging this stuff is more or less potent than insufflated?

I found plugging worked better than insufflation with both 3-MeO-PCP and 3-MeO-PCE. Comes on a lot faster and a bit harder. Comparable to plugged vs insufflated MXE.

Thanks Zazen! How long does it act, same as with MXE or longer/shorter duration?

I got an irritating bodyload from 20 mg oral, similar to the come-up of 4-HO-MET where my body just feels jittery and uncomfortable. Not very strong but not pleasent either. Head-wise the effects seemed pretty mild and subtle, so I felt like re-dosing but decided to take 30 mg MXE instead (and the bothersome sensations disappeared).

Thanks Zazen! How long does it act, same as with MXE or longer/shorter duration?

You're welcome, and it's been quite a while since I last took it (about 6 months), so I'm struggling to remember - but it definitely lasted a lot longer than MXE, perhaps twice as long. I found it more functional than MXE though.

@Confield: So it's safe to combine MXE and 3-MeO-PCE? No side effects noticed?

BTW, is it ok to take some Etizolam as sleep aid (if possible) some hourse after ingesting the 3-MeO-PCE?

Think i try 10mg sublingual asap %)

@Confield: So it's safe to combine MXE and 3-MeO-PCE? No side effects noticed?

BTW, is it ok to take some Etizolam as sleep aid (if possible) some hourse after ingesting the 3-MeO-PCE?

Think i try 10mg sublingual asap %)
Seemed safe to me and went nicely together, which is maybe not surprising since the drugs are very similar (in structure).

I'd presume etizolam is just fine, though I usually use oxazepam for these purposes with MXE and other chemicals.

Tried the PCE yesterday. Really really awesome Stuff! Like Zazen said, it's more like a more "functional" MXE. Feels almost like an MXE trip during an MXE afterglow, which is nice <3

Elaboration for the nation :p

Tried the PCE yesterday. Really really awesome Stuff! Like Zazen said, it's more like a more "functional" MXE. Feels almost like an MXE trip during an MXE afterglow, which is nice <3

Can you elaborate on your findings and/or link me to a trip report you have written please? This chemical sounds very interesting and I would like to read a half decent TR written by somebody experienced with other Dissociative's [such as Methoxetamine].

THcrack :)

Hi,

excuse me for the late reply, but i doubt i can give you the information you want, because i don't have much memory less of what happened and how it was, but what i know is the following...

I tested the Substance two times, one time 10mgs in the evening, didn't expect much so i sat in front of my tv playin' a bit on my console. It quite took some time to feel something, because, and i think there's much of a comparison to 3-MeO-PCP, it crept up on me without me even realizing much of it, and as soon as i realized what's going on, i was on a decent, surprisingly strong Headtrip.

It was not THAT strong but strong enough to make me quit playin', 1st because it made no fun anymore and 2nd because it was a bit too taxing atm. The last thing i can tell you of this 1st experience is, that i was lying in bed later that night and i was strongly stimulated, way too much to lay in bed so i took an Etizolam to get some rest which worked out as i expected it.

The 2nd time i took roughly 6-7mgs prior before going out (don't ask me what i was thinking, it was hellishly stupid8o) and this time, defo because the setting was not my home anymore, i realized very soon how the substance was creeping up on me. I almost instantly asked myself if i was really hearing what i was hearing, seeing what i was seeing and so on. Retrospectively i think it was also much because of the bad stories we all heard about PCP/PCE. I also had some mild but noticeable OEVs (like a waving Carpet) and i was almost trapped in my own Headspace which was nice, but too much to go out. So it came that i dropped an Etizolam, which made it a bit more chilly and i was able to enjoy the evening, even if it was a bit weird sitting there, laughing out loud without reason and having a way too large smile on my face.

If you enjoyed MXE, you'll surely enjoy the PCE but i would advise CAUTION because i don't think you can hole out on this substance without risking real trouble, by which i mean doin' stuff you normally won't. It feels a bit like a very clean and sober MXE and therefore i think it's much more likely to have the desire to redose, which could have a bad end.

So, I had myself a bit of a time with some of this last night. Having been delving into the world of 3-MeO-PCP a lot during the last couple of months, this seemed like a nice enough change. Obviously comparisons will be made. The powder was much drier and a far easier, more pleasant sniff with a similar taste. Potency seemed to be around the same, perhaps slightly stronger (as expected). It took me around 40 mg to reach a desirable state of dissociation (my tolerance is high, 3-MeO-PCP sessions are regularly over 50mg). The slow and gradual onset was certainly familiar, in fact for the first couple of hours it was bairly distinguishable from the build up of 3-MeO-PCP.

Once it got going though the differences became all too clear, visual distortions were minimal but colourful, stimulation was far greater than that from 3-MeO-PCP and emotionally there was a lot more depth to be found. All very reminiscent of MXE, in fact I have to say it had me rather missing the stuff. Its not quite the same though, there felt like something quite fundamental was missing although i couldn't say what, whatever it was it felt like it had been replaced with the 3-MeO-PCP equivelent.

Over the rest of the night i apparently consumed another 40 mg and 6 cans of cider so my memories from later are hazy at best. I do know that no M-Hole like state was achieved, rather it seemed that the more I took the more fucked I got and thats that. In this area, it seemed most like its PCP varient and I seriously doubt a hole can be achieved with either of these substances (not without inducing unconsciousness through another method but thats a different story).

Finally, of course, duration. Absolutely this stuff lasts a lot longer than MXE and I was still wide awake with residuals come daylight. Having only had a few hours sleep though I do feel completely back to normal, far moreso than I would had i taken 3-MeO-PCP.

So in conclusion, 3-MeO-PCE can be fairly described as a cross betwen MXE and 3-MeO-PCP, in my opinion a more powerful stimulant than either of them. Yet, while bringing some of the best of both to the table, it lacked the things that make each of these so great in their own right and as such is rather a poor substitute for either. It just wasn't quite the more-potent-MXE that it felt like it almost could have been nor did it have the deceiving impression of clear-headedness that gives 3-MeO-PCP much of its charm. I've still got another 100mg of it which I may well look into further experiments with but I doubt I'd bother with this again otherwise.

Last edited:
Well, I bashed my way through the other 100mg last night (admittedly it is probably around 6 months old, never opened so dunno if its lost some potency)

Threw in a bit of my favourite mixer / catalyst butylone, before during and after. Laid off the cider this time. Went at it to test if I could hole on it and I'm pretty damn sure it cannot be done. Although quite pleasant and uplifting, my previous analysis still sands that it lacks the thing that makes MXE so damn good, (its obviously in the 2oxo, so i would say rather just reducing potency and shortening duration this 2oxo is the key to much more goodness.:D

In a way it kinda felt like a more formal version of MXE, one where it tried to fit rigidly to its criteria and that was it... Bit more colour, usual arylcyclohexylamine feeling of lovely happy anything goes fuck-the-real-world, heightened emotions (ala MXE) and its own quite distinct form of stimulation. Couldn't help but feel it was a little like a jobsworth drug, "this is what your allowed and this is exactly what you get, and paragraph 21 clearly states no hole". If ronseal made RCs this is what i'd expect!;)

I hope that analogy is not too wierd. Most good arycyclohexylamines can be multilayered and you need to experience them a few times to fully understand it. But this one just seemed to do what it did very matter of fact the first time, and was exactly the same for the second go. Not even butylone with its many good interaction techniques could prize anything different from it.

None of this is to say it wasn't enjoyable, it was all round pleasant and good fun, no bad sides at all. Just a little bit dull and predictable really.

Well, I bashed my way through the other 100mg last night (admittedly it is probably around 6 months old, never opened so dunno if its lost some potency)

Threw in a bit of my favourite mixer / catalyst butylone, before during and after. Laid off the cider this time. Went at it to test if I could hole on it and I'm pretty damn sure it cannot be done. Although quite pleasant and uplifting, my previous analysis still sands that it lacks the thing that makes MXE so damn good, (its obviously in the 2oxo, so i would say rather just reducing potency and shortening duration this 2oxo is the key to much more goodness.:D

In a way it kinda felt like a more formal version of MXE, one where it tried to fit rigidly to its criteria and that was it... Bit more colour, usual arylcyclohexylamine feeling of lovely happy anything goes fuck-the-real-world, heightened emotions (ala MXE) and its own quite distinct form of stimulation. Couldn't help but feel it was a little like a jobsworth drug, "this is what your allowed and this is exactly what you get, and paragraph 21 clearly states no hole". If ronseal made RCs this is what i'd expect!;)

I hope that analogy is not too wierd. Most good arycyclohexylamines can be multilayered and you need to experience them a few times to fully understand it. But this one just seemed to do what it did very matter of fact the first time, and was exactly the same for the second go. Not even butylone with its many good interaction techniques could prize anything different from it.

None of this is to say it wasn't enjoyable, it was all round pleasant and good fun, no bad sides at all. Just a little bit dull and predictable really.

I can't say I agree with you, I think your arylcyclohexanamine "abuse" has kind of ruined it for you.

I've only tried 3-meo-pce once, but to me it was much more psychedelic than MXE. That is "psychedelic" in the sense that a traditional serotonergic psychedelic is. It's also much more energetic and clear headed than MXE.
And it was also completely free of side effects to me.

Bad sides to this wonder arylcyclohexanamine? it took me one week to get to baseline. I'd say I was between a +1 and +2 the whole week after. Not very convenient.

I'm pretty sure you can hole on this, but it might be dangerous (acting out the "hole) and you'd probably have to be a dissociative naive to do it. That is, have zero tolerance.

On stability, I can tell you that some of mine, stored in some capsules at room temperature (except 2 months were it was stored at 35 degrees celsius) changed color to off-white and became inactive in a matter of one and a half year. Fortunately I also have some stored airtight in the refridgerator, so I hope that haven't degraded.

Edit: Forgot to say that I found it a lot more "fun" and wonky than MXE. You know, I felt like joking and doing silly stuff, and people seemed funny too. But I guess that depend's on the setting too, you being home alone that is. I took mine at a rave new years eve.

Last edited:
I just can't understand why there's not more people talking about this one.

Tried a decent combo of low dosed 3-MeO-PCE and 3-MeO-PCP (not taken together!), followed by some wee bit MXE later on. Wild combo, isn't it?

Needless to say, it was very nice! There was an indescribable inner quietness and time seemed to stand still, everything was felt slower than usual and even though i was alert and wide awake, it felt like a dream-like state. With the 3-MeO's still lingering, the afterglow is excellent today :)

Approx. 6hrs after taking the last dose, i added 50mgs of liquid Tramadol to the mix, which induced a very interesting, almost clear headspace, and made me even more comfy than i already was, and to my surprise, sleepy.

I think it's never become widely available because no one ever found a way to synth larger batches. It's the only logical reason I can see....

^ Surely! That stuff was not just expensive, it was also hard to find. Have you tried it?