• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Roxies, and roxy vs opana, and quiting gf.

masterx69

Greenlighter
I have a few questions.

First, I usually smoke the generic Oxy's because i get an upset stomach every time i try to eat them. Is there a way to settle the effect it has on the stomach because everyone says you get way more of a high with that then you would compared to smoking?

Secondly, my gf is addicted to these and she wants to quit. She can either taper off what she has or she can try to trade addictions with another opiate that is easier to get off of. Any of you have suggestions?

Third, what is better for the high, Roxies or Opana (both are 30mg)? The Opana is cheaper out here and i hear it is twice as effective as oxy in pain but i don’t see too many definite comments on comparative high.

Thank you for all your help in advance. I appreciate it greatly.

I have a few questions.

First, I usually smoke the generic Oxy's because i get an upset stomach every time i try to eat them. Is there a way to settle the effect it has on the stomach because everyone says you get way more of a high with that then you would compared to smoking?

Secondly, my gf is addicted to these and she wants to quit. She can either taper off what she has or she can try to trade addictions with another opiate that is easier to get off of. Any of you have suggestions?

Third, what is better for the high, Roxies or Opana (both are 30mg)? The Opana is cheaper out here and i hear it is twice as effective as oxy in pain but i don’t see too many definite comments on comparative high.

Thank you for all your help in advance. I appreciate it greatly.

First: stop smoking pills. it's trashy. insufflate them if you get an upset tummy

2nd: tell her to get on a suboxone taper

3rd: I like mixing them. there is nothing better than doing a small dose of oxy and topping it off with another small dose of opana.

The opanas will get you much more bang for your buck if you are paying the same for one roxi, if you snort it it would get you much higher than a roxi, probably equal to about 3 of them.

To the first poster- I find it laughable that you discourage a particular ROA due to it being subjectively perceived as "trashy".... 'forget the unknown dangers of inhaling shit that was never meant to be combusted, you just don't LOOK cool!'

We have never received accurate BA numbers or other means to objectively assess any advantages of smoking, but the disadvantages and potential risks certainly are clear. The majority of the people who seem to gravitate toward smoking certain pills or insufflating certain pills despite there being no objective advantage for doing that drug with that ROA is individual preference for that method. AKA a smoking or snorting fixation.

Your girlfriend's best bet is to do a taper program either with suboxone or methadone but if you two stay together and only one of you quits, then fights and jeopardizing her sobriety are practically inevitable.

Next, ORALLY, oxymorphone (opana) is about 2x as potent mg:mg as oxycodone and even more than twice as strong for most other ROA's... intranasal, intrarectal and intravenous.

Lastly, as I alluded to above, if you are asking how you can get as high as possible and your asking how your girlfriend can get clean, I can guarantee you will have conflict as a result of this.

We are both gonna quit when she finally gets off. I can just deal with the cold turkey method whereas she has no ability to do that. So when the times comes I get no more fun. But I do wanna maximize the time I have until then.

Now if they are more potent then I guess that will be a good deal for me. I pay for Oxy 2/3 of what I would pay for the Opana so the price to high ratio is decent I guess. I haven't tried them yet but I'll have to now. I do know smoking is bad though. You get all the filler and all that junk in your lungs, but I would think that snorting is just as bad or worse then smoking. If some of the filler and all that is destroyed and stays on the foil then that is less then would go into your nose from snorting. When you do that its all going into you nasal passages and lungs. I am not a pharmacist nor do I have any medical background but as I said it just sounds as bad or worse.

One more question, what does ROA mean exactly? I am new to this forum and really any relating to drugs other then marijuana and I have never seen the term used.

ROA means route of administration, such as IV, nasally, orally, rectally, etc......

^thanks for explaining that.

Welcome to BL and in particular, OD! In my signature there is a link to the posting standards thread which is really helpful to read and the third post in that thread lists all the common abbreviations used in OD such as ROA so it may be useful to read.

Oh that should have been obvious. It is after midnight here so I am working with only partial cognitive ability.
I have a continuation question to another comment someone made. You said that with an ROA of nasally that it would be more than 2 times as potent. With that being so, and the fact I need 2 of the Roxy 30’s when smoking to get a good high, should 15mg be enough for me?

^thanks for explaining that.

Welcome to BL and in particular, OD! In my signature there is a link to the posting standards thread which is really helpful to read and the third post in that thread lists all the common abbreviations used in OD such as ROA so it may be useful to read.

Thank you, I will check that out. I appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner and point that out as something I can use. I assume OD means "other drugs" :D

Snorting 15mg of oxymorphone when you're used to smoking 60mg oxycodone is a good place to start... you might need a little more, but you can always snort a little more if you desire. I wouldn't start higher than 15mg of the oxymorphone at once.

EDIT:

Yeah, OD means the 'other drugs' forum and no problem, I'm happy to help!

Snort Opana if it' upsets your stomach and is cheaper, it's also twice as strong as oral oxycodone (not sure snorted ratio, sorry). Wish Opana would come out in Canada already, would love to IV some of those IR 5's and 10's <3.

I would stop smoking the roxies and instead snort them.

I think Opana blows away oxycodone as long as its railed and especially if injected. Orally I would probably prefer oxycodone. Everyone has their own opinion and preference, but one thing for sure is Opana is much more potent and dangerous.

If quitting I would try to taper. Switching addictions doesnt make much sense unless its a switch to methadone which then could be tapered off of.

Snorting 15mg of oxymorphone when you're used to smoking 60mg oxycodone is a good place to start... you might need a little more, but you can always snort a little more if you desire. I wouldn't start higher than 15mg of the oxymorphone at once.

EDIT:

Yeah, OD means the 'other drugs' forum and no problem, I'm happy to help!

That would be a reasonable starting place if he was eating 60mg of Roxies at once. Given the lower bioavailability from smoking, I might recommend starting out with 10mg or even 5mg.

Another thing to watch out for with Opana ERs: the high can creep up on you. Give it at least an hour between doses. If you take too much you won't like the nausea, vomiting and heavy sedation that ensues.

There are no 30mg Opanas.

NSFW:

Well than maybe the guy said 40mg. I didnt ask to many questions and he just asked if i wanted a few when I was getting a 80mg op from him. I didnt have the cash or i woulda taken them to try out.

There are no 30mg Opanas.

From a PDF found on the manufacturer's website:

OPANA® ER
(Oxymorphone Hydrochloride) Extended-Release Tablets
5 mg, 7.5 mg,10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, and 40 mg

30 mg
Red, octagon shape, film coated, convex tablets debossed with “30” on one side and plain on the other.
Bottles of 100 with child-resistant closure NDC 63481-571-70
Unit-Dose package of 100 tablets (5 blister cards of 20
tablets, not child-resistant, for hospital use only) NDC 63481-571-75

^If you aren't going to AT ALL add to the discussion, please don't post.

That would be a reasonable starting place if he was eating 60mg of Roxies at once. Given the lower bioavailability from smoking, I might recommend starting out with 10mg or even 5mg.

Another thing to watch out for with Opana ERs: the high can creep up on you. Give it at least an hour between doses. If you take too much you won't like the nausea, vomiting and heavy sedation that ensues.

Thanks for the clarification! Do you have any sources on inhaled oxycodone bioavailability? personal experience? I'm just wondering what you were basing this off of and if you have anything with more definitive numbers than the blind guesses I've read around here so far, that'd be awesome.