• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Roxies, and roxy vs opana, and quiting gf.

From a PDF found on the manufacturer's website:

OPANA® ER
(Oxymorphone Hydrochloride) Extended-Release Tablets
5 mg, 7.5 mg,10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, and 40 mg

30 mg
Red, octagon shape, film coated, convex tablets debossed with “30” on one side and plain on the other.
Bottles of 100 with child-resistant closure NDC 63481-571-70
Unit-Dose package of 100 tablets (5 blister cards of 20
tablets, not child-resistant, for hospital use only) NDC 63481-571-75

Yep, had one of the 30's the other night.

to the OP, stop smoking roxi, it's just a waste..with the tolerance you have, like C2TL said, start out at 10-15mg's of Opana and go from there, make sure you snort it though! oral is horrid with Opana.

I don't have any experience with Opana, however I (unfortunately) do with smoking roxies.
I don't know why, I mean I can speculate, but anyway when I was up to smoking two to get high, I'd have to take more roxy orally or nasally to get high (like, 90mg). I'm not SAYING to try this of course, but for whatever reason, even though I obviously got less smoking them, it got me higher pill to pill. Of course, this could have been psychological since I was not feeding my smoking fixation (which I definitely have/had). Maybe it was cause of the spike in oxy you get when smoking as opposed to a lower level continuously from nasal/oral (though that seems unlikely).

Anyway, just my experience. And don't smoke oxy, I have asthma now, and it sucks.

Thanks for the clarification! Do you have any sources on inhaled oxycodone bioavailability? personal experience? I'm just wondering what you were basing this off of and if you have anything with more definitive numbers than the blind guesses I've read around here so far, that'd be awesome.

I'd say it was a nearsighted rather than a blind guess :) I assumed a fair amount of the oxycodone would be pyrolized rather than vaporized. Opium smoking is considerably less efficient than opium eating, even given morphine's lousy oral bioavailability - and that's with a more easily-vaporized product and a method of usage which is time-tested for maximal efficiency.

ISTR that an opium smoker can consume approximately 3x the amount of opium which a comparably experienced/tolerant opium eater would use. (When I get home and can look at my manuscript I should be able to give you a more accurate figure). So I assumed a similar rate of return for OC80 smoking. I'd say if anything I erred on the side of generosity. Opium smokers are using hot wires and special lamps to avoid burning their product. When you're talking about putting a lighter flame to a combination of oxycodone and various binders, I would think you'd lose a great deal more of the drug.

^it certainly sounds logical to me but whenever this topic pops up, discussion usually takes a very predictable form - advocates claim greatly pronounced effects stronger than other ROA's they've tried (snorting/ingesting and possibly plugging) while opponents claim that logically it has to be very wasteful. The latter argument (yours) certainly seems to make more sense to me but I won't firmly put my foot in either camp without any scientific verification.

BTW, since I am on staff at the best drug forum around, I can get a FREE copy of that manuscript, right? ;)

^it certainly sounds logical to me but whenever this topic pops up, discussion usually takes a very predictable form - advocates claim greatly pronounced effects stronger than other ROA's they've tried (snorting/ingesting and possibly plugging) while opponents claim that logically it has to be very wasteful. The latter argument (yours) certainly seems to make more sense to me but I won't firmly put my foot in either camp without any scientific verification.

BTW, since I am on staff at the best drug forum around, I can get a FREE copy of that manuscript, right? ;)

The appeal of smoking is the immediate high one gets: while it's not quite the blast you get from IVing, the onset is considerably quicker than with eating or even snorting. Add the dizziness from inhaling deities-know-what kind of binders and fillers and I can see where many users think they are getting more bang for their buck.

I once did an experiment involving a bowl full of ashes and a sprinkling of Opana ER -- less than 1mg of active ingredient. I noted an immediate effect and my pupils became pinned, but the feeling went away within a few minutes. So while I prefer doing my Opana nasally for any number of reasons, I can definitely attest that smoking pills is not a complete waste. It's not the most efficient use of the drug, and I suspect it's murder on the lungs, but it will get you high.

yes, i smoked a quarter of a OC 20 once....worked well actually...... blew half, and popped the other quarter .......

i preferred to smoke my dope rather than snort

I'm certainly not an advocate of smoking pills, it's really just stupid. And I do believe a lot of it is conditioned response, since there must be a lot of waste. I don't know anything about combustion/chemistry etc., but it really makes sense no other way to me.

Also, I've never gotten high off one smoked hit of oxy (like crack or what have you). And so then you have the complication of smoking 2, 3, 10 whatever pills a day. I mean, for fuck's sake my lungs are TRASHED. Like I've honestly taken years off my life, I'm sure of it, and I'm hospitalized for status asthmaticus 2-3 times a year. And long term effects, who knows.

We've gotten sufficiently off topic... anyway OP, take care of yourself and be safe.

^its true, but sometimes the best discussions are products of derailment.

I think the original inquiries were pretty sufficiently addressed but the OP is always free to further inquire/discuss the original topic(s).

I see why many of you advocate the other ways to take Oxy and Opana, but as one poster stated they had a smoking fixation, i too think that is what I have. I also agree that you get more of a rush and that it goes away faster than oral as well. Of the few times I have taken oral without getting sick the high was not as intense nor as short lived. I guess it is a tradeoff and each camp of users will have their own preferences in how they ingest it. In act even trying to do it nasally makes me want to throw up. I tried doing it a few times after most of you declared your thoughts on smoking vs. the other ways of ingestion and I think I have a mental block lol.