Bluelight

Thread: Roxies, and roxy vs opana, and quiting gf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Roxies, and roxy vs opana, and quiting gf. 
    I have a few questions.

First, I usually smoke the generic Oxy's because i get an upset stomach every time i try to eat them. Is there a way to settle the effect it has on the stomach because everyone says you get way more of a high with that then you would compared to smoking?

Secondly, my gf is addicted to these and she wants to quit. She can either taper off what she has or she can try to trade addictions with another opiate that is easier to get off of. Any of you have suggestions?

Third, what is better for the high, Roxies or Opana (both are 30mg)? The Opana is cheaper out here and i hear it is twice as effective as oxy in pain but i don’t see too many definite comments on comparative high.

Thank you for all your help in advance. I appreciate it greatly.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by masterx69 View Post
    I have a few questions.

First, I usually smoke the generic Oxy's because i get an upset stomach every time i try to eat them. Is there a way to settle the effect it has on the stomach because everyone says you get way more of a high with that then you would compared to smoking?

Secondly, my gf is addicted to these and she wants to quit. She can either taper off what she has or she can try to trade addictions with another opiate that is easier to get off of. Any of you have suggestions?

Third, what is better for the high, Roxies or Opana (both are 30mg)? The Opana is cheaper out here and i hear it is twice as effective as oxy in pain but i don’t see too many definite comments on comparative high.

Thank you for all your help in advance. I appreciate it greatly.
    First: stop smoking pills. it's trashy. insufflate them if you get an upset tummy

2nd: tell her to get on a suboxone taper

3rd: I like mixing them. there is nothing better than doing a small dose of oxy and topping it off with another small dose of opana.

3. Collapse Details

snort

taper or bupe (taper)

opana

4. Collapse Details

The opanas will get you much more bang for your buck if you are paying the same for one roxi, if you snort it it would get you much higher than a roxi, probably equal to about 3 of them.

5. Collapse Details

To the first poster- I find it laughable that you discourage a particular ROA due to it being subjectively perceived as "trashy".... 'forget the unknown dangers of inhaling shit that was never meant to be combusted, you just don't LOOK cool!'

We have never received accurate BA numbers or other means to objectively assess any advantages of smoking, but the disadvantages and potential risks certainly are clear. The majority of the people who seem to gravitate toward smoking certain pills or insufflating certain pills despite there being no objective advantage for doing that drug with that ROA is individual preference for that method. AKA a smoking or snorting fixation.

Your girlfriend's best bet is to do a taper program either with suboxone or methadone but if you two stay together and only one of you quits, then fights and jeopardizing her sobriety are practically inevitable.

Next, ORALLY, oxymorphone (opana) is about 2x as potent mg:mg as oxycodone and even more than twice as strong for most other ROA's... intranasal, intrarectal and intravenous.

Lastly, as I alluded to above, if you are asking how you can get as high as possible and your asking how your girlfriend can get clean, I can guarantee you will have conflict as a result of this.

6. Collapse Details

We are both gonna quit when she finally gets off. I can just deal with the cold turkey method whereas she has no ability to do that. So when the times comes I get no more fun. But I do wanna maximize the time I have until then.

Now if they are more potent then I guess that will be a good deal for me. I pay for Oxy 2/3 of what I would pay for the Opana so the price to high ratio is decent I guess. I haven't tried them yet but I'll have to now. I do know smoking is bad though. You get all the filler and all that junk in your lungs, but I would think that snorting is just as bad or worse then smoking. If some of the filler and all that is destroyed and stays on the foil then that is less then would go into your nose from snorting. When you do that its all going into you nasal passages and lungs. I am not a pharmacist nor do I have any medical background but as I said it just sounds as bad or worse.

One more question, what does ROA mean exactly? I am new to this forum and really any relating to drugs other then marijuana and I have never seen the term used.

7. Collapse Details

ROA means route of administration, such as IV, nasally, orally, rectally, etc......

8. Collapse Details

^thanks for explaining that.

Welcome to BL and in particular, OD! In my signature there is a link to the posting standards thread which is really helpful to read and the third post in that thread lists all the common abbreviations used in OD such as ROA so it may be useful to read.

9. Collapse Details

Oh that should have been obvious. It is after midnight here so I am working with only partial cognitive ability.
    I have a continuation question to another comment someone made. You said that with an ROA of nasally that it would be more than 2 times as potent. With that being so, and the fact I need 2 of the Roxy 30’s when smoking to get a good high, should 15mg be enough for me?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cane2theLeft View Post
    ^thanks for explaining that.

Welcome to BL and in particular, OD! In my signature there is a link to the posting standards thread which is really helpful to read and the third post in that thread lists all the common abbreviations used in OD such as ROA so it may be useful to read.
    Thank you, I will check that out. I appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner and point that out as something I can use. I assume OD means "other drugs"

11. Collapse Details

Snorting 15mg of oxymorphone when you're used to smoking 60mg oxycodone is a good place to start... you might need a little more, but you can always snort a little more if you desire. I wouldn't start higher than 15mg of the oxymorphone at once.

EDIT:

Yeah, OD means the 'other drugs' forum and no problem, I'm happy to help!

12. Collapse Details

Snort Opana if it' upsets your stomach and is cheaper, it's also twice as strong as oral oxycodone (not sure snorted ratio, sorry). Wish Opana would come out in Canada already, would love to IV some of those IR 5's and 10's .

13. Collapse Details

I would stop smoking the roxies and instead snort them.

I think Opana blows away oxycodone as long as its railed and especially if injected. Orally I would probably prefer oxycodone. Everyone has their own opinion and preference, but one thing for sure is Opana is much more potent and dangerous.

If quitting I would try to taper. Switching addictions doesnt make much sense unless its a switch to methadone which then could be tapered off of.

14. Collapse Details

There are no 30mg Opanas.

15. Collapse Details

Snorting 15mg of oxymorphone when you're used to smoking 60mg oxycodone is a good place to start... you might need a little more, but you can always snort a little more if you desire. I wouldn't start higher than 15mg of the oxymorphone at once.

EDIT:

Yeah, OD means the 'other drugs' forum and no problem, I'm happy to help!
    That would be a reasonable starting place if he was eating 60mg of Roxies at once. Given the lower bioavailability from smoking, I might recommend starting out with 10mg or even 5mg.

Another thing to watch out for with Opana ERs: the high can creep up on you. Give it at least an hour between doses. If you take too much you won't like the nausea, vomiting and heavy sedation that ensues.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BaybeX View Post

Well than maybe the guy said 40mg. I didnt ask to many questions and he just asked if i wanted a few when I was getting a 80mg op from him. I didnt have the cash or i woulda taken them to try out.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BaybeX View Post
    From a PDF found on the manufacturer's website:

OPANA® ER
    (Oxymorphone Hydrochloride) Extended-Release Tablets
    5 mg, 7.5 mg,10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, and 40 mg

30 mg
    Red, octagon shape, film coated, convex tablets debossed with “30” on one side and plain on the other.
    Bottles of 100 with child-resistant closure NDC 63481-571-70
    Unit-Dose package of 100 tablets (5 blister cards of 20
    tablets, not child-resistant, for hospital use only) NDC 63481-571-75

18. Collapse Details

Guess I was wrong.

19. Collapse Details

would love for a stash of 30mg opana.....

20. Collapse Details

^If you aren't going to AT ALL add to the discussion, please don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenaz View Post
    That would be a reasonable starting place if he was eating 60mg of Roxies at once. Given the lower bioavailability from smoking, I might recommend starting out with 10mg or even 5mg.

Another thing to watch out for with Opana ERs: the high can creep up on you. Give it at least an hour between doses. If you take too much you won't like the nausea, vomiting and heavy sedation that ensues.
    Thanks for the clarification! Do you have any sources on inhaled oxycodone bioavailability? personal experience? I'm just wondering what you were basing this off of and if you have anything with more definitive numbers than the blind guesses I've read around here so far, that'd be awesome.

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Kenaz View Post
    From a PDF found on the manufacturer's website:

OPANA® ER
    (Oxymorphone Hydrochloride) Extended-Release Tablets
    5 mg, 7.5 mg,10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, and 40 mg

30 mg
    Red, octagon shape, film coated, convex tablets debossed with “30” on one side and plain on the other.
    Bottles of 100 with child-resistant closure NDC 63481-571-70
    Unit-Dose package of 100 tablets (5 blister cards of 20
    tablets, not child-resistant, for hospital use only) NDC 63481-571-75

Yep, had one of the 30's the other night.

to the OP, stop smoking roxi, it's just a waste..with the tolerance you have, like C2TL said, start out at 10-15mg's of Opana and go from there, make sure you snort it though! oral is horrid with Opana.

22. Collapse Details

I don't have any experience with Opana, however I (unfortunately) do with smoking roxies.
    I don't know why, I mean I can speculate, but anyway when I was up to smoking two to get high, I'd have to take more roxy orally or nasally to get high (like, 90mg). I'm not SAYING to try this of course, but for whatever reason, even though I obviously got less smoking them, it got me higher pill to pill. Of course, this could have been psychological since I was not feeding my smoking fixation (which I definitely have/had). Maybe it was cause of the spike in oxy you get when smoking as opposed to a lower level continuously from nasal/oral (though that seems unlikely).

Anyway, just my experience. And don't smoke oxy, I have asthma now, and it sucks.

23. Collapse Details

Thanks for the clarification! Do you have any sources on inhaled oxycodone bioavailability? personal experience? I'm just wondering what you were basing this off of and if you have anything with more definitive numbers than the blind guesses I've read around here so far, that'd be awesome.
    I'd say it was a nearsighted rather than a blind guess I assumed a fair amount of the oxycodone would be pyrolized rather than vaporized. Opium smoking is considerably less efficient than opium eating, even given morphine's lousy oral bioavailability - and that's with a more easily-vaporized product and a method of usage which is time-tested for maximal efficiency.

ISTR that an opium smoker can consume approximately 3x the amount of opium which a comparably experienced/tolerant opium eater would use. (When I get home and can look at my manuscript I should be able to give you a more accurate figure). So I assumed a similar rate of return for OC80 smoking. I'd say if anything I erred on the side of generosity. Opium smokers are using hot wires and special lamps to avoid burning their product. When you're talking about putting a lighter flame to a combination of oxycodone and various binders, I would think you'd lose a great deal more of the drug.

24. Collapse Details

^it certainly sounds logical to me but whenever this topic pops up, discussion usually takes a very predictable form - advocates claim greatly pronounced effects stronger than other ROA's they've tried (snorting/ingesting and possibly plugging) while opponents claim that logically it has to be very wasteful. The latter argument (yours) certainly seems to make more sense to me but I won't firmly put my foot in either camp without any scientific verification.

BTW, since I am on staff at the best drug forum around, I can get a FREE copy of that manuscript, right?

25. Collapse Details

^it certainly sounds logical to me but whenever this topic pops up, discussion usually takes a very predictable form - advocates claim greatly pronounced effects stronger than other ROA's they've tried (snorting/ingesting and possibly plugging) while opponents claim that logically it has to be very wasteful. The latter argument (yours) certainly seems to make more sense to me but I won't firmly put my foot in either camp without any scientific verification.

BTW, since I am on staff at the best drug forum around, I can get a FREE copy of that manuscript, right?
    The appeal of smoking is the immediate high one gets: while it's not quite the blast you get from IVing, the onset is considerably quicker than with eating or even snorting. Add the dizziness from inhaling deities-know-what kind of binders and fillers and I can see where many users think they are getting more bang for their buck.

I once did an experiment involving a bowl full of ashes and a sprinkling of Opana ER -- less than 1mg of active ingredient. I noted an immediate effect and my pupils became pinned, but the feeling went away within a few minutes. So while I prefer doing my Opana nasally for any number of reasons, I can definitely attest that smoking pills is not a complete waste. It's not the most efficient use of the drug, and I suspect it's murder on the lungs, but it will get you high.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast