• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Every Year's Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Prelude2TragedyII

Bluelighter
----Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences----

First off,I would like this thread to just continue to be people asking questions about their plants, posting pictures of their plants. I would like to hear all the ways different users grow, what nutes/ferts/wattage/plants/yield/soil, etc.

Many people grow in completely different environments. If you think you know how to make your buds better, or need help getting rid of pests, or find out why your leaves are curling up. Or if you just wanna come show off your pictures and let us know how you did it, go for it.

This thread got started as I had needed help and advice growing my plant for the first time. Came here to beloved Bluelight, started posting pictures of my plants to help get some diagnosis. Many people were helpful and continued to give me advice to help make things better. Along with posting pics of their own plants, telling me how they grow, water, I can't say how much better it's made my grow.

I would like to thank a few people for continuing to check in on the last thread and helping me out, it was very much appreciated.-Wise420,mr.muncheez, Artificial Emotion,papasomni,w01fg4ng ,Arobskittle,panic in paradise,subopm420 ,carl , and ofcourse Chainer3k, for letting this all happen, Thank you everyone for your support

(As it was a little bit of a problem in the last thread,
Mods don't like sourcing, so no links. If someone specifically asks for something, and you know the right link, PM it to them, help make the mods job easier)

-edit-
Im continuing to make this intro a better one, going to try to find some informative posts and what not, and improve on this post

Last edited by a moderator:
Camphone3.jpg
Afghan Kush fought through like a champ and is doing awesome.

Camphone1.jpg

Camphone2.jpg

These are both my northern Lights , as you can see, one seems to be bushier than the other, its pretty obvious, especially in person,
Sorry about the low quality pics , Ill try to get my girls camera over tomorrow.

(Both Northern Lights have showed pistils....*yay*)

-edit-
Also just for a note, the leaves that are brown and look a little weird are either from the deformed plant, or the spray I used to kill the spider mites, I didn't wash it off and it burned /browned a few leaves. but , everything is looking good now, Ive got my 600 watt about 10 inches from the tops of my Northern Lights.

Im wondering if I should keep it where its at until I see signs of light bleaching, or, what

(also, Purple Kush pushed out a new set of leaves , finallyyyy. such a slow little guy..., the Sour Kush is pushing out very small, very skinny leaves(guessing thats cause its sativa?, and G13 is putting out some fresh leaves too, but, with the quality camera I have didn't think it'd be worth taking)

Last edited:
Good start to the new thread prelude. Your girls are coming along nicely man, and it's about time considering how much time and effort you've been putting in!

How long untill you plan on flipping to 12/12?

----Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences----

First off,I would like this thread to just continue to be people asking questions about their plants, posting pictures of their plants. I would like to hear all the ways different users grow, what nutes/ferts/wattage/plants/yield/soil, etc.

Nutes: Lucas formula (the real Lucas formula which is the same in veg and bloom, not the false one floating around the net where the veg formula is different from the bloom). I also use Viresco fungi, since it's the gold standard of hydroponic fungi. Also it's not in liquid form, unlike others microbial products which are unstable.

Yield: I never ever get less than a gram per watt, even with no chemical additives (eat your heart out Advanced Nutrients)!

Setup: 600W HPS in Sunsystems Blockbuster air cooled hood in a DR120 tent. I intend to upgrade to a 1kw light. My extraction goes out the window through a special box I build around it (with blinds between box and window for privacy). I use a fogger to increase RH to about 80% in veg and may consider using a dehumidifier in bloom, although this is not what the plants want, even if it stops bud rot. Intake is from the room and both fans controlled with SMS COM fan controller. I'm growing 10 regular (to be sexed) SmellyBerry seeds at the moment, which are under a Lightwave 48W T5 light.

I'm going to go into a GT424 NFT tank. To begin with, before they're sexed using the Genefinder method, they'll be vegged in rockwool in the GT424 but with no spreader matt. Roots will be tucked under neat and back into the rockwool blocks. Once I am able to remove all males, bar one for breeding possibly, I will add the spreader matt and grow them NFT style. In my GT424 I use TWO delivery tubes, one halfway down for better nutrient absorption.

edit: sorry the plants in root riots and rockwool were from previous grows just as an example. The current ones are in rockwool plugs at the moment so I'm sure you can imagine what they look like.

Last edited:
^ Thanks. At some point in the future I may consider making an isulated room within a room, but the tents are so good I might just stick with it (and maybe buy another one or one twice the width so i can have two 1kW lights or two 600W lights).

The hood is great because it allows me to get only a few inches away from the canopy.

Thanks guys, I was nervous about starting a new thread I knew I had to introduce as an old one, haha..
Anywho, I just pretty much tried supercropping all my Northern Lights branches.
They are looking quite nice, still confused on while those other 3 clones are just taking so much time when that afghan was just like. "HEY,Soil, I was waiting for this!"

Very nice setup AE, I hope to make mine look all perfect and organized someday.

AE-what's the Genefinder method? Just as a guess...do you veg for a while, then turn the T5 on a 12/12 til they show sex..then revert back to veg?

Yup, bang on, just flip to 12/12 for 3 cycles and then back to norm, sex should show soon after! This was made famous by Genefinder from UK420. You'll find there are a good few growing techniques popularised by oldhat members of UK420, such as the famous 'Leepy box' where you take a cardboard box, place your inline fan inside after cutting holes for the ducting and fill with insulating foam. This will muffle the sound more than any silencer alone and costs almost nothing!

By the way, this is nothing to do with anything we're talking about, but I would just like to say that I see many people using paper towels to germinate seeds but I really would discourage doing this. You can get away with it for sure, but I've found that without a doubt, handling a germinated seedling when transplanting into compost, coir or another medium can and does reduce yield inadvertently often. I don't know why, but I think the stress early on caused by handling in general can affect yield further on down the line. If you buy fromo a reputable seedbank you'll get over a 90% germination rate and there's no need to check to see whether your seeds have germinated using a paper towel. I usually get a 100% germination rate and it's very unusual indeed for seeds to not pop.

Also, I would recommend using a very weak seaweed extract when germinating your seeds as it supplies trace elements that reduce stress and seaweed extract contains hormones such as cytokinins and gibberellins which promote vigorous growth. You need to make sure it's only a weak seaweed extract solution and that it is cold extracted and organic (these two are important as brands that are non-organic/cold-extracted can contain nasty chemicals that will do you and your plants no good).

Hydro hut grow

Hey guys here is my grow setup, Its a hydro hut mini, 3x3. Plants are 2 trainwrecks (pictured), and also 8 bog sweet cindy seedlings are starting in there. Lights are a 250 watt mh, and 95w cfl. lights are on for 18 and off for 6.

Nutes are General hydroponics 3 part, with liquid karma and superthrive. I'll update once the sweet cindys get bigger :)=D

Attachments

• 250watt hut3.jpg
    250watt hut3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 349
  • 250 watt hut.jpg
    250 watt hut.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 462
  • 250 watt hut-2.jpg
    250 watt hut-2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 348
Where are you extracting to and do you close off that area with a sheet or something?

I like your medium (what brand are you using? Cellmax?). If I were you I would look into using the Lucas formula since it's just as effective in terms of yield, bar tree grows i.e. a single plant under 1kw of light but much much simpler and only the micro and bloom are needed. The plants won't be big but will still yield the same, but the plants will take up less space. Also I would look into using fytocell in a hempy bucket since it will without a doubt yield more than those rockwool cubes (even though it's a great medium and I love it).

Thanks for starting a new thread prelude :)

Greenstar, is it just me or is your light a little to far away from the plants? ..this is coming from someone who has burned many tops....

Question:

When "grams per watt" is mentioned, is this over a certain amount of time? IE a 24" plant that vegged for a few weeks will yield more than a 12'' plant that vegged for half the time.

Artificial Emotion: When you say over a gram per watt, is this the total wattage of your entire system including fans, de-humidifiers, and temp control? Also, what amount of time is this over?

Thanks for the help!!!

sick this thread rules, glad we have a new one.....

Glad i could help prelude, that little thank you made me feel special.

Hey guys!

So, I gave my boyfriend a little cactus for Valentine's Day this year - romantic, alive and low-maintenance. As a joke, we sometimes put some MJ seeds in the pot with the cactus while we were mulling. Ben decided that he couldn't take care of it in his room (in residence at our university) so he gave it to me to look after, because my room gets sun and his doesn't.

Anyway, I went on holiday and decided to leave the cactus outside my 60-year-old warden's house for her to water until I got back. As you might have guessed, when I got back I was incredibly lucky that she was old and probably has no idea what a little seedling looks like, because I had a little one growing right next to my cactus. I whisked it away to my bedroom and repotted it into a cut-out water bottle and in some soil I found (because after a few weeks of it living in such close quarters with the cactus, I was kind of disturbed to find the cactus trying to strangle it one day when I got back from a weekend away).

Basically, I don't know the first thing about taking care of this baby and what I should be doing. I will be moving into a flat with a garden in December, so I can plant it outside or inside... What the hell do I do with this little one?

tl;dr I accidentally grew weed and have no idea what to do with it now. Lay your wisdom on me!

NSFW:
2dt6ukz.jpg

EDIT: If you couldn't tell already, I know jack-shit about nothing. It's like getting pregnant by accident. Damn responsibility!

sick this thread rules, glad we have a new one.....

Glad i could help prelude, that little thank you made me feel special.
Hey Arob! I got rid of my spider mites (so far), and my plants have bounced back. thanks again for your help on that subject.

What did you do to treat your crop with PM? I had a thin layer of white mold on the top of my soil, and treated it with 1:1 ISO and it went away, but I think you said your plants were budding with PM on them, so I'm not sure if that would be the best decision...just wondering what happened...

Hey guys!

So, I gave my boyfriend a little cactus for Valentine's Day this year - romantic, alive and low-maintenance. As a joke, we sometimes put some MJ seeds in the pot with the cactus while we were mulling. Ben decided that he couldn't take care of it in his room (in residence at our university) so he gave it to me to look after, because my room gets sun and his doesn't.

Anyway, I went on holiday and decided to leave the cactus outside my 60-year-old warden's house for her to water until I got back. As you might have guessed, when I got back I was incredibly lucky that she was old and probably has no idea what a little seedling looks like, because I had a little one growing right next to my cactus. I whisked it away to my bedroom and repotted it into a cut-out water bottle and in some soil I found (because after a few weeks of it living in such close quarters with the cactus, I was kind of disturbed to find the cactus trying to strangle it one day when I got back from a weekend away).

Basically, I don't know the first thing about taking care of this baby and what I should be doing. I will be moving into a flat with a garden in December, so I can plant it outside or inside... What the hell do I do with this little one?

tl;dr I accidentally grew weed and have no idea what to do with it now. Lay your wisdom on me!

NSFW:
2dt6ukz.jpg

EDIT: If you couldn't tell already, I know jack-shit about nothing. It's like getting pregnant by accident. Damn responsibility!
Hi Assassin! Congrats on your accidental grow!

Is it still summer in where you are located (s africa?)? If you have a while to go until fall comes, you can prepare an outdoor grow. Otherwise, you are going to need to grow it inside.

A simple cheap way to keep her alive would be these steps:
1: Re-pot her to a larger pot
2: If inside, buy a couple compact florescent bulbs and place them a couple inches away from the plant for at least 18 hours a day, for at least a month or two. Force to 12 hours of light 12 hours of dark when you want to start flowering. It takes a couple months after that to harvest.
IF outside, let the sun take care of your lighting...watch out for weather/animal/bug/people problems.

^^That's about as brief as I can start you man...

NSFW:
2dt6ukz.jpg

weed, water, and wait :)

Okey dokey. I think it just turned summer, or is just about to turn summer. Either way, I think I still have the whole summer ahead of us. What are the pros and cons of indoor/outdoor growing? I also don't know if it's a boy or a girl. And I don't even know from which seeds it sprouted, hahaha.

you "think" it just turned summer? maybe you should work on 'seasons of the year' before attempting to grow an illegal drug ;)

In the town I am currently living in, we experience all four seasons in one day. It can start out as a storm, become a light drizzle, turn blazingly hot and then chilly again all in 24 hours, and I find it pretty confusing. I have a good idea when the seasons are, just not the exact time... They're all out of whack these days anyway.

And summer just started. I looked it up. Don't hate.

:(

Okey dokey. I think it just turned summer, or is just about to turn summer. Either way, I think I still have the whole summer ahead of us. What are the pros and cons of indoor/outdoor growing? I also don't know if it's a boy or a girl. And I don't even know from which seeds it sprouted, hahaha.
To name a couple:
Indoor: more control over heat/weather, water, bugs, ect..., less control over space
Outdoor: more control over space, less control with weather, heat, water and bugs.

As for the sex, you have to wait bit longer to figure that one out. He/she is not old enough to tell the sex.