• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydromorphone VS Heroin

Alcohol120

Bluelighter
I've been these comparing these two opioids in terms of which gives you a better rush. Clearly heroin lasts longer, but some people say they like Hydromorphone much more as far as the amazingly strong onset. Also, yes, I do mean when using intravenously.

For me? I can't pick a clear winner. Hydromorphone is obviously more consistent, so there are times it clearly beats heroin, but I've never been able to do them even within a few days of each other, so by the time I can do the next one, I've already done other things and mucked up my comparison.

I would love your opinions.

(Mods, if you want, I would love for this to be a poll.)

as said above hydromorphone much better rush
heroin much longr high(and better)
mix 50mg of promethazine to 8mg of hydromorphone
better rush longer high...but it burns worse than iv everclear.

I prefer...

IV hydromorphone for the rush...
IV heroin for the high...

Overall I prefer hydromorphone due to guranteed purity of pills vs. street drugs.

While heroin has much better legs than hydromorphone, the only reason I even shoot up hydromorph is for the godly rush it gives you......I just take some oxy and a couple hours later I bang the hydromorphone.

^they are a waste if you don't (NOT PROMOTING IV USE)

If you snort/plug/eat them, you are much better off just taking oxycodone.

ya i am aware.... but even my two to three year heroin addiction i chased it...

not big on needles....if i got that strung out, id prob die on the needle

I find heroin to have a more consistent euphoria but hydromorphone does produce a very nice rush. It seems everyone loves hydromorphone more due to the rush but I'm all for heroin. I like keeping in a good state of mind for as long as I can.

If you know what you're doing, bang a mixed shot of both; you get the amazing rush plus a great high for hours!

This is why I like morphine sufate... you have the guaranteed street purity, and it has both a good rush and a good long high. Personally i love the prickly feeling, and find it to be a very satisfying drug alll together. If you think morphine lacks some euphoria, I add like 20-30 mg of oxycodone to the mix and it becomes the perfect high imo--- euphoric, sedating w/ energy simultaniously, comfortable and blissfull, long lasting, and from a substance where you know the purity unlike H.

Im new to this site so forgive me if I should have made this a new thread but I think my question/comment fits into this discussion... I usually shoot the hydromorphone and a 30 mg roxy for the rush of the morpheine and the good high of the oxy... now I have never tried heroin (i would like to but dont know where to look around my area) but I was just wondering how heroin compares to oxy since it seems like some of you use it where I would use oxy

Im new to this site so forgive me if I should have made this a new thread but I think my question/comment fits into this discussion... I usually shoot the hydromorphone and a 30 mg roxy for the rush of the morpheine and the good high of the oxy... now I have never tried heroin (i would like to but dont know where to look around my area) but I was just wondering how heroin compares to oxy since it seems like some of you use it where I would use oxy

Heroin is more sedating/relaxing and produces a powerful nod.
Oxycodone feels more euphoric and stimulating

Finally made this comparison myself (IV both). For me there is no question hydro is a far far superior rush, in fact I've so far not really gotten any rush from heroin. The high does last longer but for the most part just makes me sleepy, yes with a nice nod but more sleepy than noddy. As I'm a total insomniac this isn't necessarily bad. Supposedly the heroin I'm getting is very pure/uncut and as I trust the source I think that to be the case (it is black tar though, haven't tried #4 yet). All around I prefer hydro as while the high lasts far longer for heroin in every other way hydro is far superior.

I do think perhaps I'm not doing a big enough dose of heroin but as it scares me far more in terms of OD I've been trying to take it easier. I think the most heroin I've done at one time is .3g so perhaps I just need to up that somewhat. Thoughts there are welcome.

Can I just take this opportunity to ask people to please not shoot promethazine

Or diphenhydramine or grapefruit juice or animal fat or anything else that you think will potentiate for you. Just take it orally.

Promethazine injection even from a ampule is dangerous. Tissue necrosis can result and that can cause gangrene leading to amputation especially if any get's into the tissue around the vein. It has to be injected very very slowly through a drip or it will absolutely fuck your veins. So ffs don't IV Promethazine or any other anti-histamine