• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does xtc cause holes in the brain?

albany_force

Greenlighter
I attended a seminar about xtc in school just yesterday and the speaker claimed that xtc causes hole in the brain to form. Parkinsons could also be developed after just one use.

Is this really true?

facepalm_.jpg

I attended a seminar about xtc in school just yesterday and the speaker claimed that xtc causes hole in the brain to form. Parkinsons could also be developed after just one use.

Is this really true?

what is really true is: youre a sheep
BAAH BAHHH GO DO STUFF SHEEP DO, I DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS, BUT DO IT CAUSE YOU'RE A SHEEP BAAHHHHHH

Hmm they showed us a picture that showed a brain before and after extasy abuse and there were holes in the latter. It does sound unlikely, but I don't know what to believe.

The speaker is a moron, no he's not actually he/she is trying to instil fear in students so they will abstain from taking Ecstasy.

But all these type of people will accomplish is when a student try's Ecstasy and there are no marked bad effects he/she will know they were lied to and will try other drugs that may be more dangerous than falling of an horse[that's what an academic said in England about Xtc]

The speaker is a moron, no he's not actually he/she is trying to instil fear in students so they will abstain from taking Ecstasy.

But all these type of people will accomplish is when a student try's Ecstasy and there are no marked bad effects he/she will know they were lied to and will try other drugs that may be more dangerous than falling of an horse[that's what an academic said in England about Xtc]

But why would he then warn us if it wasn't that dangerous hmm?

please answer that

That myth originated from an x-ray showing brain activity, after xtc use the serotonin deposit was gone and showed up as a black hole on the scan.

poorly phrased as serotonin doesnt have a deposit, but you get the point

Don't, please, don't challenge what everyone's answered and I will answer again. No, ecstacy, or MDMA, will not cause holes to form in your brain.

The real explaination as to why he said that? Two, either he LIED, or he used outdated, incorrect information to base his "facts" on. Pretty much none of the shit they tell you in school is wrong, and if you aren't willing to accept that, then that sucks for you, we'll all enjoy our drugs safely and you can go be sober. How does that sound, hmmm?

P.S. It pisses me off so much when people have that attitude while asking for info. If you're going to call bull, then don't fucking ask the question dude.

MDMA, though not good for you, does not:

- put holes in your brain, that lie is so old and stupid even some anti-drug groups have admitted that the story is bullshit.

But why would he then warn us if it wasn't that dangerous hmm?

please answer that

I have already answered that, haven't you heard of the film 'Reefer Madness'? Do you think Weed is really that bad hmm?
And read this http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2006/apr/04/drugsandalcohol.drugs1 "Quote: In the case of Mr A, a structural MRI brain scan failed to show any obvious damage or atrophy in his brain." [After taking 40,000 pills in only 9 years!]

Mod's please close this thread this guy is being a troll.
And here is a tip for you albany_force learn to respect other peoples opinions, esp when your taking someone's word over reading a book or using Google for the facts.

Last edited:
The only drug that does serious damage to someone's brain [shrinks it etc] is Methamphetamine.

20050513_114_350x263.jpg

8o
Guess I'll be cutting back. Once a week as usual, but half as much. I assume this graphic is after heavy crystal meth usage. I can't use it very much because I'm broke. I know broke people still use. I don't know how that's possible unless they are stealing but I don't know what I could steal or who I could sell it too. Fuck that, I've never gone through that much trouble to do get a drug and at my age there's no way I want to even think about all that noise.

I think a lot of the E we get in California anyway is cut with meth. I can always feel the speed kick in. I guess if you did a LOT of ecstasy, you could also unwittingly be doing a lot of meth.

The OPs post reminds me of "Reefer Madness".... people who are not into drugs lie worse that any junky ever thought about lying just to make people believe what they want them to believe. That's what always kills me. The good Christian right, solid family values, "get high on life" etc.... they will lie their motherfucking heads off to keep their followers following.

*Note: My g/f is out in the car waiting, and i'm trying to type this with one hand, so the info below with exception of last sentence may be wrong/inaccurate, so take it with a grain of salt untill it is corrected/verified.

Few things I would like to add.

1) The only drug that causes changes to the brain is meth, that would depend on the definition of change and drug. There are several neurotoxic chemicals that can hurt the brain, thus neurotoxic. Also, there is serotonin syndrone, which does permantly alter the brain and can lead to death (will lead to death). So it's how you look at it, but meth is not the only drug that does this.

Also, its odd to say that meth would cause damage but mdma would, the MA in MDMA stands for Methamphetamine. (3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine. Not saying the poster is wrong/right, just interesting that a supped up form of meth = exctasy.

Lasltly, I believe the problem with mdma revolves around serotonin, I could be completely wrong, but someone please correct me if I am. Actually, I'm almost positive the reason so many think e causes holes is related to serotonin syndrome.

Again, I'm in a rush, sorry if I have bad info, please fix my mistakes, but final answer

NO IT DOES NOT CAUSE ANY HOLES IN YOUR BRAIN

MDMA is believed to cause problems like depression anxiety etc in later life because it effects Serotonin, apart from talk-therapy psychiatrists give people Anti-depressants which boost the Serotonin in your brain, so there probably is truth in that but minor use has an good benefit to risk ratio.

That's why taking 5-HPT or an anti-depressant a few days or even a week before a night out on Ecstasy will give you a better more intense high.

And taking one of those or anything after the night out will help you recover faster because it is replacing the serotonin the Ecstasy massively released, also it is thought that taking them after rolling will protect you from neurotoxic effects and depression etc!

Last edited:
And Ive met junkies that really seem brain damaged lol

ecstasy junkies??
anyways you cannot have holes in your brain without having serious impairment to your functioning (depending on which area the hole is in)
this man is trying to scare you using false logic and bullshit don't listen to his propaganda
i've personally done well over 200 pills of ecstasy nd i graduated on the honor roll at my school and am in university.. so tell how that worked off if i have holes in my brain?
do research think for yourself, stop being someone elses puppet, if they told you to jump off a bridge you probably would.... :p

ecstasy junkies??
anyways you cannot have holes in your brain without having serious impairment to your functioning (depending on which area the hole is in)
this man is trying to scare you using false logic and bullshit don't listen to his propaganda
i've personally done well over 200 pills of ecstasy nd i graduated on the honor roll at my school and am in university.. so tell how that worked off if i have holes in my brain?
do research think for yourself, stop being someone elses puppet, if they told you to jump off a bridge you probably would.... :p

He would probably kneel and love him long time! :eek: