• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

tumblr

tribal girl

Bluelight Crew
Tumblr-logo.png

In recent times it seems I've developed a bit of an obsession with www.tumblr.com. I'm forever on there huntin' for quality pictures of God knows what or who.

wiki said:
Tumblr is a microblogging platform that allows users to post text, images, videos, links, quotes and audio to their tumblelog, a short-form blog. Users can follow other users, or choose to make their tumblelog private. The service emphasizes ease of use.

I just wondered if anyone else here uses it, or has an account as I recently signed up myself. I also signed up to a similar blog before but couldn't stand the entire layout and whatnot so just abandoned it. This one on the other hand is fairly nice to use. So I'd be interested to see what everyone else is into etc if you're willing to share. :)

Last edited:
You and Keni actually turned me on to Tumblr.......
Its pretty cool- Lots of pics :)
I like it.

Just checked out your page- LOVE IT! :)

I joined it the other day but can't for the life of me figure out how to add stuff to my page! I feel so completely dumb for not being able to figure it out. :(

You and Keni actually turned me on to Tumblr.......
Its pretty cool- Lots of pics :)
I like it.

Why don't you sign up yourself?. I love seeing what other people are into. :)

I joined it the other day but can't for the life of me figure out how to add stuff to my page! I feel so completely dumb for not being able to figure it out. :(

It's simple. Just go to the 'Dashboard' section and select from the options at the top of the page. Say in this case you wanna add a picture, just click on the 'photo' button:
tum-2.png

That'll then take you to this page:
tumm.png

Where you can either upload a pic directly from your PC by using the 'Browse' button, or copy and pasting a pic where it says 'Use a URL instead'. You then just add tags on the right hand side to make your posts easy to find when others are searching. Same applies for all the other options on the dashboard. :)

If you meant the actual layout of your page I can guide you through that too. You only have to ask. :)

Following. :)

^ Thank you SO much! I feel so dumb for not having been able to figure that out. Once I change my name on there I'll post it over here.

Edit: Here it is: <Tumblr deleted> Have yet to post anything meaningful as of yet. Still a bit shook up from a dream I had last night.

Last edited:
Why don't you sign up yourself?. I love seeing what other people are into. :)

It's simple. Just go to the 'Dashboard' section and select from the options at the top of the page. Say in this case you wanna add a picture, just click on the 'photo' button:
tum-2.png

That'll then take you to this page:
tumm.png

Where you can either upload a pic directly from your PC by using the 'Browse' button, or copy and pasting a pic where it says 'Use a URL instead'. You then just add tags on the right hand side to make your posts easy to find when others are searching. Same applies for all the other options on the dashboard. :)

If you meant the actual layout of your page I can guide you through that too. You only have to ask. :)

Following. :)

I may try that later on today if I getthe chance.....Honestly I am a tad intimidated but I'll give it a go......

Pander has awesome shit on his!!!!

Thank you SO much! I feel so dumb for not having been able to figure that out. Once I change my name on there I'll post it over here.

That's OK. It wasn't easy for me at first either. But I guess persistence and random button pressing pays off. :D

wat do you think, tg? ;)

I'm thinkin' you like your architecture. ;)

I think my theme may be a little difficult to navigate- but you can tell me :)

Yeah, I like that theme and everything (style wise) but it's a bitch to navigate. In terms of themes the simplest ones are better imo cuz it leaves more room for your own personal touch without going OTT. If you go through the list, I think 'Cargo Theme', 'Papercut', 'Rubber Cement' and 'Chunky' are some of the better ones. And believe me, I've been through most the free ones. But if you scroll right down to the bottom of the page it's possible to 'Browse More Themes' if you want more options.

You can also personalise the basic theme by going to 'Customize', then to 'Appearance'. This enables you to change the colour of your font etc. And if you scroll further down the list you can upload your own background image (only if it's already saved to your PC in your picture library) to your theme. As long as it's say no smaller than 1024x1024 and compliments your theme it'll work just fine. That's why it's best to go for a simple theme, then your background can be as crazy as you want and still look cool.

tumm-1.png

^Following.

TG- I'm gonna play around with it today :)
We will see what happens.........

I've just joined up.

I've kept a livejournal for the past 7 years, I still use it now and then but it's lost it's charm for me. I'll see how I do with this.