• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

tumblr

I'm following everyone on here too. :)

You lie. You're not following me! :p

(Don't feel obligated to follow me--Not only do I have nothing of interest up yet, but I highly doubt anything of interest will ever get put up. I make these blog/social website accounts and barely use the stuff.)

tumblr_l7ue1zrIZy1qdrp9io1_500.jpg

so any reason why you guise went with tumblr instead of blogger or wordpress ?

I originally started using blogger.com and hated everything about it so gave up on it. I'm not much of a talker, but I am very visual and enjoy sharing pictures I'm particularly fond of with others. And tumblr's perfect for that imo.

I'm still undecided what blog to go with. This is what I've found so far with my limited tinkering...

Tumblr
Pros - customizable, iPhone app, free domain mapping
Cons - relatively new (concerned it may lose funding/disappear)

Posterous
Pros - customizable, domain mapping
Cons - very new, WTF kind of name is Posterous?

Blogger/Blogspot
Pros - very easy to use, customizable, domain mapping, Google owns it
Cons - no iPhone app

Wordpress
Pros - been around for a long time, lots of modules/widgets designed just for WP
Cons - $$$ pay for domain mapping, custom templates and anything else interesting

Following everybody here because I need another way to waste my time your Tumblrs look cool. No worry about reciprocating as I haven't really posted anything *too* interesting, but if you wanna follow, mine is , <Tumblr deleted>.

Last edited:
^I just looked at who the new person following me was, and I thought you might be a bluelighter. I'll follow you too. :)

I just starting following everyone in this thread. I'm the dude with the badger avatar.