View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Seroquel the night before taking LSD

Wise420

Bluelighter
Here's my Q. Tomorrow morning, around 7 am i'll be eating 2.5 hits of strong blotter. Tonight I plan on dosing around 50-100 mg's of seroquel to I can sleep easily and not have to worry about the excitement keeping me up. I want to know wheather the seroquel will still be at a high enough level to stop/diminish the LSD's effects.? I'll probabaly be dosing the seroquel around 10 pm.

Ive been told I shouldnt have any problems and the L will still fully work, although after eating 100 mg's of sero last night I woke up this morning feeling groggy, obviously still feeling the effects and this was after a 10-12 hour sleep.

Would like to hear from folks who have been in the same situation and how the trip turned out :)

thanks.

Thanks for the replys. So the answer was yes, it does effect the trip greatly.

Yeah if you're still waking up feeling the effects that means it's still in your system, you have to wait several half-lives before Seroquel gets out of your body. Out of curiosity, how did your trip feel? I'd imagine it would be pretty confusing, sorry nobody got to answer your question... But that's what happens when you depend on a bunch of internet junkies for your info, now you know for next time.

^That's true, although at 50-100 mg Seroquel is primarily an anti-histamine (like benadryl). 5-HT2A antagonism is fairly limited until you reach higher doses. So, yes, it would be dulled, but probably not much more than if you had taken a couple benadryl with your LSD.

Thanks for the replys. So the answer was yes, it does effect the trip greatly.

Can you describe how it affected the trip for you? At least the next person to search for the same info will find a more in depth answer...

Anti-psychs (like Seroquel) will pretty much block the effects of acid completely, especially with a low tolerance to them. Wait a couple days and you can have a full blown acid trip.

Seroquel's metabolic half-life is 6 hours, so you'd have to wait 30 hours before taking acid.

Can you describe how it affected the trip for you? At least the next person to search for the same info will find a more in depth answer...
Basically the trip was pretty dull and I wasnt nearly as on edge as I would have been if the seroquel wasnt in my system. It was a solo trip, I took 2.5 hits of decent blotter and I could feel that all those crazy thoughts wernt getting through. I did feel a slight/dull loss of ego, although my mind state was controlled and didnt let me fully break through into that real egoless state.

It's hard to explain, but the attitude of the trip had a strong seroquel feel to it, therefore making it dull and not nearly as intense as I anticipated. Hell, after the 2 hours had past, I could feel my eye lids actually had a "sagging" feel to it, like they would if I was on seroquel alone.

Anyway lesson learnt!

Seroquel blocks the very receptors you need to have a psychedelic experience, so there's no doubt it's going to be dull or not even effect you at all (unless you have a big tolerance to anti-psychs).

Psychedelics and anti-psychotics is a waste of your drugs.