• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids tips for IV'ing morphine ir's

dayday

Bluelighter
I got ahold of some of these, they're the little white pills, but after I put them in water and stir, and after I suck it up, there's still a lot of powder left. I thought I read on here before that there wasn't supposed to be anything left. Is this just filler that's not soluble, or is there a trick to get it all?

Yes, morphine is water soluble so when you mix the powdered morphine pill with water, the morphine will dissolve in to the water completely......well, almost. There probably is a TINY amount of morphine molecules left over in that powder your talkin about but atleast like 97% is absorbed. Its water solube, anything that doesnt dissolve is not morphine and you probabyl dont want it in your veins.
Allthough, you hvae ot be using enough water, theres a chance if your using a very tiny amount of water, that there isnt enough to "absorb" all the morhine and that would be a very small amount of water. Any normal amount of water used for an injection(use like 80-90 units, why not?) would be plenty to get all that morphine.

Also....I reccommend using a micron filter since you are injecting pills. Makes it much safer.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=481622

...heres a good link to the micorn filter megathread.

Ya I used a shitload of water, probably 125 units per pill. For some reason I just thought it should all disolve. Thanks though.

Although, you have to be using enough water, theres a chance if your using a very tiny amount of water, that there isnt enough to "absorb" all the morhine and that would be a very small amount of water. Any normal amount of water used for an injection(use like 80-90 units, why not?) would be plenty to get all that morphine.

Water Solubility of Morphine:

Morphine Sulphate - 64mg/ml

Morphine Hydrochloride - 149mg/ml

Most common IR & ER morphine pills contain the sulphate salt.

In Canada, although very uncommon, we have IR & ER Morphine HCL pills.

Yea definately filter well!! Micron filters FTW For pills.. You want your solution to be clear.. If it's not clear I'd put it back on a CLEAN spoon and refilter if that's what your using. I'm assuming your using cotton? But if you plan to keep on shooting them (the only way I like morphine is IV.) I would definately check out captain.heroins micron filter thread as James put above... Oh and yea sometimes it can be a bitch to filter pills through cotton (for me anyways) because of all the inactive crap and all the filler plug up the cotton. I have a question about the water amount though? You guys say 80-90 units.. I usually use like 40-60 and just try and mix well. Should I be using more?

I got ahold of some of these, they're the little white pills, but after I put them in water and stir, and after I suck it up, there's still a lot of powder left. I thought I read on here before that there wasn't supposed to be anything left. Is this just filler that's not soluble, or is there a trick to get it all?

Morphine is very soluble in water. Whatever is left over in your spoon is inactive filler gunk that you DO NOT want in your veins.

To make sure you get all you want and none (well most) of the crap, I suggest using a Micron Filter

Yea definately filter well!! Micron filters FTW For pills.. You want your solution to be clear.. If it's not clear I'd put it back on a CLEAN spoon and refilter if that's what your using. I'm assuming your using cotton? But if you plan to keep on shooting them (the only way I like morphine is IV.) I would definately check out captain.heroins micron filter thread as James put above... Oh and yea sometimes it can be a bitch to filter pills through cotton (for me anyways) because of all the inactive crap and all the filler plug up the cotton. I have a question about the water amount though? You guys say 80-90 units.. I usually use like 40-60 and just try and mix well. Should I be using more?

It really just depends on your personal preferance. As long as you are using enough water to allow complete absorption of the active chemical(drug) you should be fine, any more after that is just "icing on the cake" in my opinion.
You see, I have always liked using alot of watere in my shots(usualyl as much as I could fit) because not only does that comfirm I have more than plenty to dissolve the drug, but it also makes the ratio of random pill/drug/cut particles to water much smaller.....meaning the solution is less likely to clog the needle and your veins. The more dilute it is, the safer it is in my opinion.
I always use to see people(back when I was a heroin addict) who would use a very small amount of water in ther IV heroin shots and I would ask them why....and they would ALWAYS tell me that the "darker" the solution is(or the less water you use basically, they jsut used the term "darker cuz we had black tar heroin) the better the shot will feel. Bit this is simply not true. By adding more water you are not making the drug any less potent, there is still the exact same amount of heroin(or whatever) in the syringe, its just more diluted and probably just a little bit safer because of it. Also, I like to dilute my heroin shots as much as possibl as well because it would make the solution alot more clear(as opposed to black or dark dark brown because of the black tar) and this made it SOOOO much easier to see if I had registered or not while I was injecting. I can tell you from personal experience that its much easier to see a plume of blood telling you that you hit a vein, than to have to just guess while trying to inject a syringe full of dark brown(almost black) liquid.

Morphine is very soluble in water. Whatever is left over in your spoon is inactive filler gunk that you DO NOT want in your veins.

To make sure you get all you want and none (well most) of the crap, I suggest using a Micron Filter

Well I wouldn't say very soluble, it is actually much less than some other opioids, such as hydromorphone. The max you can fit in 1ml is 64mg, which isn't even enough for some people to feel anything.

Well I wouldn't say very soluble, it is actually much less than some other opioids, such as hydromorphone. The max you can fit in 1ml is 64mg, which isn't even enough for some people to feel anything.

Thats with the morphine sulfate formulations. The morphine hydrochloride forms apparently can handle almost 150mg/mL. I guess it just depends on which form you have.

Also, in my opinion, 64mg's isnt that bad for one shot. i mean, 64mg's of morphine is nothing to be laughed at, and the amount of morphine can be doubled simply by taking another shot, and tripled by doing one more....and as long as you have the proper injection materials(which shouldnt be hard to come by), injecting 2 or 3 times isnt really that big of a deal........so if it takes me 3 injections to get about 200mg's of morphine IV'ed into my veins, I dont think thats such a big deal. Especially considering that most people who IV morphine do not inject 200mg's.

but I still understand where you are coming from, its just that the BA of morphine orally or intrnasally is so minute in comparison to IV, that having to inject 1 or 2 extra times is most definitely worth it if you choose to have morphine as your DOC. If you do not like it, than I would reccommend oxycontin(the new generic Ethex brand, not the new OP's) or a similar opiate that can be injected easier.

I would buy some Micron filters, but I don't have a credit card or really a good place to have them sent. I try not to do a ton of pills though, except these morphine maybe once a month, and an occasional suboxone film. Mostly just some good ass afghani dope...

When I get dilaudid pill I smash them up and melt them in a spoon then put cotton in it before drawing up the liquid then I inject it in my arm or leg..not the vain. It all works good for me. but when I try it with demerol it turns thick and slimy. Why is that? Right now I have Morphine and want to melt them and inject it in my arm ( not vain) Can I melt them in a spoon like I do dilaudid?

Morphine

Also, if people have the access to fresh un-used supplies such as from a needle supply, they could always use a 3mL or bigger syringe to dissolve their morphine-SO4. I was just thinking it may be a little easier on the veins than injecting multiple times, so long as you use a smaller gauge IV needle. Also, the added bonus would be the rush for recreational users, it would be much stronger in one shot than three separate injections.

That would be a big needle! I prefer to do my morphine in medium shots in quick sucsession.

I have been iv'ing some morphine sulphate ER pills that I've been getting from one of the local pharmacies. The first time I tried to crush the pills I couldn't believe how easy they crushed up. Usually the pills are really hard and or waxy. Not these. I don't see how they are ER pills. Works quite well with just one or two 15 mg pills. I just filter them through some cotton. The liquid that ends up in the syringe is just a little milky white, but not bad. Has anyone else ever encountered any morphine sulphate pills like this? They are awesome.

neogreg how was the rush when you IV'd? Did you get the histamine release (the red faced flush)? I made a good shot with half of a 100 mg morphine sulfate but the rush was not euphoric or really that opiate like at all