• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

seroquel

i like to take em sometimes especially when i feel like going crazy, if a doc puts you on em you are out of control in most cases a lot of stupid docs will put u on them for sleep, why when there is shit just for sleep...

Yeah, seroquel is so fucking powerful it makes me feel like a zombie if I take it during the day at all. If you just take it before bed you should be good to go tomorrow and not be too tired, but if you need to function I would advise against using it AT ALL during the day time!

Be careful using this drug. It can do weird things to dopamine in the wrong combinations and cause a condition called Aithisia....you do NOT want to experience it.

I would avoid this one and stick with benzos, in moderation with breaks.

no euphoria but if u like gettn drunk i can c why u might get addicted. i either want to sleep when im on it or cant move caus eim so exhausted. i was on it for sleep for about 3 months prescribed cause oxy addiction

If you don't have a tolerance to Seroquel it'll most likely knock you out if you can't sleep from Adderall if you take like 100mgs of Seroquel.

Of course, it's impossible to give you a definite answer about what it will do, though (although I can say with much certainty that it won't kill you or anything). It does tend to be much more sedating than Xanax though, especially if you're taking more than 25mg [of Seroquel] & you don't have a tolerance to it.

Depending on a number of different factors, you might find that the Seroquel only puts you to sleep for a couple hours, & that it's a "light" & "restless" sort of sleep... or you might not be able to get out of bed the next morning. Seroquel does tend to be sedating for a long period of time -- longer than most people wish to or are able to sleep for. However, the Adderall in your system might prevent it from having that effect, & might not.

& it's also of course possible that you could take the Seroquel & just find yourself stuck being awake but feeling incredibly, incredibly tired.

You'll have to try it, really.

If you don't have a tolerance to Seroquel it'll most likely knock you out if you can't sleep from Adderall if you take like 100mgs of Seroquel.

Of course, it's impossible to give you a definite answer about what it will do, though (although I can say with much certainty that it won't kill you or anything). It does tend to be much more sedating than Xanax though, especially if you're taking more than 25mg [of Seroquel] & you don't have a tolerance to it.

Depending on a number of different factors, you might find that the Seroquel only puts you to sleep for a couple hours, & that it's a "light" & "restless" sort of sleep... or you might not be able to get out of bed the next morning. Seroquel does tend to be sedating for a long period of time -- longer than most people wish to or are able to sleep for. However, the Adderall in your system might prevent it from having that effect, & might not.

& it's also of course possible that you could take the Seroquel & just find yourself stuck being awake but feeling incredibly, incredibly tired.

You'll have to try it, really.

Have you tried Thorazine? That sedates you for at least 12 hours after you take it, I think it last way longer.

Yea thorazine will knock you the fuck out, but beware of the thorazine shuffle lol.......And if that does not work, then haloperidol is the next one up (it is roughly 50x as potent as thorazine)......If that doesn't help, then you are shit out of luck. Both are typical anti-psychotics.

Yea thorazine will knock you the fuck out, but beware of the thorazine shuffle lol.......And if that does not work, then haloperidol is the next one up (it is roughly 50x as potent as thorazine)......If that doesn't help, then you are shit out of luck. Both are typical anti-psychotics.

The atypicals can cause the same abnormal gait as thorazine, it's just less common.

And if you've got a doctor who's willing to prescribe typical anti-psychotics as a sleep aid then they're probably willing to prescribe barbiturates, old school hypnotics, and perhaps even anaesthetic agents.

The atypicals can cause the same abnormal gait as thorazine, it's just less common.

And if you've got a doctor who's willing to prescribe typical anti-psychotics as a sleep aid then they're probably willing to prescribe barbiturates, old school hypnotics, and perhaps even anaesthetic agents.

This is completely and utterly misinformed. My doc would reach across his examination room and slap the shit out of me if I requested something of the likes.

Thorazine is non-abusable. The stuff you just mentioned are.

Has anyone actually been prescribed a typical anti-psychotic before like Thorazine? I was under the assumption that doctors mostly always prescribe the atypical anti-psychotics now due to their less side effects.

One of my friends was prescribed haldol.......He was taking over 1000mg of seroquel at night for sleep, and was not achieving any relief......he was then moved to thorazine, and it also became ineffective after time. Haldol seems like it would just totally obliterate you.

Has anyone actually been prescribed a typical anti-psychotic before like Thorazine? I was under the assumption that doctors mostly always prescribe the atypical anti-psychotics now due to their less side effects.

It's still used in psych wards and as a depot injection in non-compliant patients under compulsory treatment orders.

I've known Haldol to be used in pain management cocktails in people with terminal illness.

It's still used in psych wards and as a depot injection in non-compliant patients under compulsory treatment orders.

I've known Haldol to be used in pain management cocktails in people with terminal illness.

Yeah, I know that they are still given in psych wards but I was wondering if anybody has actually been prescribed them? Not interested in "friends" but if anyone on here has ever been prescribed it. I'm just curious.

How are anti-psychotics good for pain? Most likely the side effects would make the pain worse. I don't see how, in anyway, they would be useful for pain.

Yeah, I know that they are still given in psych wards but I was wondering if anybody has actually been prescribed them? Not interested in "friends" but if anyone on here has ever been prescribed it. I'm just curious.

How are anti-psychotics good for pain? Most likely the side effects would make the pain worse. I don't see how, in anyway, they would be useful for pain.

Haldol was added to my neighbour's pain cocktail when he was dying. It wasn't added to boost pain relief but to control the psychotic symptoms (delusions, hallucinations) caused by the high doses of morphine and benzos he was on for pain management - it just allowed him to be more lucid.

I was prescribed Thorazine for sleep. You would literally wake up numb due to the lowering of blood pressure and anticholinergic effects of it. That's the pain relieving parts of it.

I would gladly use Thorazine in adjunct to any narcotic pain med. It would make you lose most of the feeling in your body at that point. You would most definitely rest easy then.

I was prescribed Thorazine for sleep. You would literally wake up numb due to the lowering of blood pressure and anticholinergic effects of it. That's the pain relieving parts of it.

I would gladly use Thorazine in adjunct to any narcotic pain med. It would make you lose most of the feeling in your body at that point. You would most definitely rest easy then.

I know of the off-label uses of atypical anti-psychotics, but Thorazine for SLEEP? You don't have any other disorder that may cause racing thoughts?

I know of the off-label uses of atypical anti-psychotics, but Thorazine for SLEEP? You don't have any other disorder that may cause racing thoughts?

I have GAD as well. The thought I get on this shit was "When the fuck are you gonna wear off. I'm too sluggish." Now, if I was in bed all day, this would be no problem at all. It's no where near as hellish as Seroquel, and it last longer.

My psych doctor prescribed me Geodon a couple years back
and I'm bipolar, not psychotic. Seroquel was hellish for me too.
Way too harsh to me.