• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

seroquel

seroquel is generally better tolerated than other atypical antpsychotics, plus it is newer so docs are perscribing it a lot like other newer drugs.

it also has a better efficacy to safety ratio, and it is a good antipsychotic.

There's considerable controversy about the extent to which the manufacturer misrepresented its efficacy to safety ratio - that matter's being litigated now and the manufacturer has already been fined $530 million for pushing its off-label use for "minor" disorders (other manufacturers of atypical anti-psychotics have also had huge fines levied against them for the same practice).

I suspect that when the lawsuits shake out there'll be less doctors prescribing it as some kind of magic bullet for all mental health issues and more emphasis on using it only as an antipsychotic.

^ word.
I think its of label use will drift off pretty significantly in the next few years.

^ word.
I think its of label use will drift off pretty significantly in the next few years.

Not just of Seroquel but also of other atypical antipsychotics and some of the other psychoactive drugs which have recently been or are currently the subject of lawsuits (like Neurontin) - but it's only going to happen when liability shifts to the doctors prescibing them inappropriately.

When the Neurontin legal action was happening it was found that 90% of sales (and therefore 90% of the profit) of Neurontin came from prescriptions for off-label uses. The companies would seriously rather pay the fines ($430 million in the Neurontin legal action) than lose that market share. It's happened multiple times with multiple manufacturers and it's going to continue happening as long as there's a consumer base which demands a pill for every problem no matter how risky (and baby-boomers like myself are pretty bad for doing that).

What most do not know about seroquel is that if you take too much you will not go to sleep.

You need to take the right amount, or it will be akathisia, rapid heartbeat, and increase in paranoia for your ass. CHEMICAL TORTURE

Mirtazipine can have similar effects.
Its sedation is reduced at higher doses and it starts to act as a stimulant

I take 100mg. of Seroquel and a bar 2gether if I have a hard time getting to sleep, if I don't dedicate atleast 8hrs. for the Seroquel I get what I call a SEROQUEL hangover! It feels just like a cheap draft beer hangover!!! I will only take Seroquel when need too, but I have a friend who takes 1200mgs. every nite, needless to say she sleeps 12 hrs.!!! I really try NOT to take the Seroquel and to take it while on Adderall I wouldn't think it would be a good idea, just my opinion... :-((

I take 100mg. of Seroquel and a bar 2gether if I have a hard time getting to sleep, if I don't dedicate atleast 8hrs. for the Seroquel I get what I call a SEROQUEL hangover! It feels just like a cheap draft beer hangover!!! I will only take Seroquel when need too, but I have a friend who takes 1200mgs. every nite, needless to say she sleeps 12 hrs.!!! I really try NOT to take the Seroquel and to take it while on Adderall I wouldn't think it would be a good idea, just my opinion... :-((

1200 mg is ridiculous. The highest dose at which Seroquel was trialled for FDA approval was 800mg per day and many doctors will use another drug to potentiate rather than push a patient's dose even that high (there's a correlation between dose and the more serious side effects).

Is it enough to put you asleep during an adderall high? Some nights I take adderall to study but it keeps me up all night cuz I take it somewhat late. Will seroquel put me to sleep? I don't wanna waste my xanax which I normally eat like a bar when I wanna go to sleep. Also will seroquel make me tired when I have to get up in the morning?

I would say a low dose of seroquel would easily cancel out an adderall high and allow you to sleep..even cancelling out a redose the next morning. And yeah..it probably will make you tired the next morning. You have to remember that seroquel is an anti-psychotic..and will hit you hard..including your brain. Just from experience

I still don't think seroquel is a bet for comedowns. It's just too uncomfortable.

its uncomfortable only if you stay up on it, which is hard as hell to do. i use seroquel on comedowns ONLY to induce sleep, for other reasons its benzos & booze.

its uncomfortable only if you stay up on it, which is hard as hell to do. i use seroquel on comedowns ONLY to induce sleep, for other reasons its benzos & booze.

It was not hard for me to fall asleep on 600 mg... I used to take it for sleep during anxiety.

Staying up on it makes me more than just uncomfortable...I can't even describe. I couldn't imagine being prescribed it daily throughout the daytime.

The more posts I'm reading about people being prescribed Seroquel as a sleep aid, the more convinced I'm becoming that doctors are actually prescribing it at anti-psychotic doses but using the sleep aid explanation as a means of getting some patients to take an anti-psychotic without protest.

I feel the same way about SSRI's as sleep aids via their anxiety relief; its a doc way of saying we think this will help your sleep, but really we think you are depressed so we can 'kill two birds with one stone'

I don't know about y'all, but I hit doctors with the real now if they try to give me some bullshit.

I take 300mg of seroquel daily and at 1st you will be on the moon yuo will be awake as in hearing things but be passed out for the 1st time take a little its strong like 50mg like ^ said but never mix seroquel with oxy like a rap song i heard was talking about i was driving and its worse than drinking a whole keg of beer then driving...if you havent taken it b4 you will feel it the next day a very stoned feeling not tooo much euphoria, this drug isnt as strong as thorazine imo i took some of that shit and for 3-4 days i was slow as shit...haha...even when i 1st started taking this shit if i didnt get ready to sleep and fought it a little i noticed i would get hungry and then 30 mins to a hour later i couldnt sleep my buddy noticed it too so when it kicks just shut your eyes, you may pull a all nighter if you watch a movie on it and then i noticed i had to take a lot more to sedate.....this shit can make a rookie crash hard i told my buddy its like date rape or should be considerd it. I talked to a guy his g/f died from snorting lines of seroquel mixed with heroin please dont try it im lucky i was alright i mean xanax is bad with heroin/oxu imagine someting ten times more sedating....

uncomfortable try doing 8 months in jail for something you didnt do i was taking this shit to feel comfortable it helped jail is a dirty fucked up place ,lol i aint going back