Bluelight

Thread: seroquel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I take 100mg. of Seroquel and a bar 2gether if I have a hard time getting to sleep, if I don't dedicate atleast 8hrs. for the Seroquel I get what I call a SEROQUEL hangover! It feels just like a cheap draft beer hangover!!! I will only take Seroquel when need too, but I have a friend who takes 1200mgs. every nite, needless to say she sleeps 12 hrs.!!! I really try NOT to take the Seroquel and to take it while on Adderall I wouldn't think it would be a good idea, just my opinion... :-((

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Legal Junkie View Post
    I take 100mg. of Seroquel and a bar 2gether if I have a hard time getting to sleep, if I don't dedicate atleast 8hrs. for the Seroquel I get what I call a SEROQUEL hangover! It feels just like a cheap draft beer hangover!!! I will only take Seroquel when need too, but I have a friend who takes 1200mgs. every nite, needless to say she sleeps 12 hrs.!!! I really try NOT to take the Seroquel and to take it while on Adderall I wouldn't think it would be a good idea, just my opinion... :-((
    1200 mg is ridiculous. The highest dose at which Seroquel was trialled for FDA approval was 800mg per day and many doctors will use another drug to potentiate rather than push a patient's dose even that high (there's a correlation between dose and the more serious side effects).

3. Collapse Details

Somewhere between Eden and North Utopia. Somewhere beneath the astral plain
    Newbies...turn your alarm on!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by k'd-out-in-az View Post
    newbies...turn your alarm on!
    lol

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle My Pickle View Post
    Is it enough to put you asleep during an adderall high? Some nights I take adderall to study but it keeps me up all night cuz I take it somewhat late. Will seroquel put me to sleep? I don't wanna waste my xanax which I normally eat like a bar when I wanna go to sleep. Also will seroquel make me tired when I have to get up in the morning?
    I would say a low dose of seroquel would easily cancel out an adderall high and allow you to sleep..even cancelling out a redose the next morning. And yeah..it probably will make you tired the next morning. You have to remember that seroquel is an anti-psychotic..and will hit you hard..including your brain. Just from experience

6. Collapse Details

I still don't think seroquel is a bet for comedowns. It's just too uncomfortable.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Psychedelic Jay View Post
    I still don't think seroquel is a bet for comedowns. It's just too uncomfortable.
    its uncomfortable only if you stay up on it, which is hard as hell to do. i use seroquel on comedowns ONLY to induce sleep, for other reasons its benzos & booze.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by StaySedated View Post
    its uncomfortable only if you stay up on it, which is hard as hell to do. i use seroquel on comedowns ONLY to induce sleep, for other reasons its benzos & booze.
    It was not hard for me to fall asleep on 600 mg... I used to take it for sleep during anxiety.

9. Collapse Details

Staying up on it makes me more than just uncomfortable...I can't even describe. I couldn't imagine being prescribed it daily throughout the daytime.

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    The more posts I'm reading about people being prescribed Seroquel as a sleep aid, the more convinced I'm becoming that doctors are actually prescribing it at anti-psychotic doses but using the sleep aid explanation as a means of getting some patients to take an anti-psychotic without protest.

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I feel the same way about SSRI's as sleep aids via their anxiety relief; its a doc way of saying we think this will help your sleep, but really we think you are depressed so we can 'kill two birds with one stone'

12. Collapse Details

Good theories. I like your thinking.

13. Collapse Details

I don't know about y'all, but I hit doctors with the real now if they try to give me some bullshit.

14. Collapse Details

I take 300mg of seroquel daily and at 1st you will be on the moon yuo will be awake as in hearing things but be passed out for the 1st time take a little its strong like 50mg like ^ said but never mix seroquel with oxy like a rap song i heard was talking about i was driving and its worse than drinking a whole keg of beer then driving...if you havent taken it b4 you will feel it the next day a very stoned feeling not tooo much euphoria, this drug isnt as strong as thorazine imo i took some of that shit and for 3-4 days i was slow as shit...haha...even when i 1st started taking this shit if i didnt get ready to sleep and fought it a little i noticed i would get hungry and then 30 mins to a hour later i couldnt sleep my buddy noticed it too so when it kicks just shut your eyes, you may pull a all nighter if you watch a movie on it and then i noticed i had to take a lot more to sedate.....this shit can make a rookie crash hard i told my buddy its like date rape or should be considerd it. I talked to a guy his g/f died from snorting lines of seroquel mixed with heroin please dont try it im lucky i was alright i mean xanax is bad with heroin/oxu imagine someting ten times more sedating....

15. Collapse Details

uncomfortable try doing 8 months in jail for something you didnt do i was taking this shit to feel comfortable it helped jail is a dirty fucked up place ,lol i aint going back

16. Collapse Details

Duh, I'll do anything to pass by time in jail. That didn't mean it was comfortable.

17. Collapse Details

i like to take em sometimes especially when i feel like going crazy, if a doc puts you on em you are out of control in most cases a lot of stupid docs will put u on them for sleep, why when there is shit just for sleep...

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dntcheckthtbxdoc View Post
    ... if a doc puts you on em you are out of control in most cases a lot of stupid docs will put u on them for sleep, why when there is shit just for sleep...
    This is my whole point.

19. Collapse Details

Yeah, seroquel is so fucking powerful it makes me feel like a zombie if I take it during the day at all. If you just take it before bed you should be good to go tomorrow and not be too tired, but if you need to function I would advise against using it AT ALL during the day time!

20. Collapse Details

Be careful using this drug. It can do weird things to dopamine in the wrong combinations and cause a condition called Aithisia....you do NOT want to experience it.

I would avoid this one and stick with benzos, in moderation with breaks.

21. Collapse Details

no euphoria but if u like gettn drunk i can c why u might get addicted. i either want to sleep when im on it or cant move caus eim so exhausted. i was on it for sleep for about 3 months prescribed cause oxy addiction

22. Collapse Details

If you don't have a tolerance to Seroquel it'll most likely knock you out if you can't sleep from Adderall if you take like 100mgs of Seroquel.

Of course, it's impossible to give you a definite answer about what it will do, though (although I can say with much certainty that it won't kill you or anything). It does tend to be much more sedating than Xanax though, especially if you're taking more than 25mg [of Seroquel] & you don't have a tolerance to it.

Depending on a number of different factors, you might find that the Seroquel only puts you to sleep for a couple hours, & that it's a "light" & "restless" sort of sleep... or you might not be able to get out of bed the next morning. Seroquel does tend to be sedating for a long period of time -- longer than most people wish to or are able to sleep for. However, the Adderall in your system might prevent it from having that effect, & might not.

& it's also of course possible that you could take the Seroquel & just find yourself stuck being awake but feeling incredibly, incredibly tired.

You'll have to try it, really.

23. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TheFDA View Post
    If you don't have a tolerance to Seroquel it'll most likely knock you out if you can't sleep from Adderall if you take like 100mgs of Seroquel.

Of course, it's impossible to give you a definite answer about what it will do, though (although I can say with much certainty that it won't kill you or anything). It does tend to be much more sedating than Xanax though, especially if you're taking more than 25mg [of Seroquel] & you don't have a tolerance to it.

Depending on a number of different factors, you might find that the Seroquel only puts you to sleep for a couple hours, & that it's a "light" & "restless" sort of sleep... or you might not be able to get out of bed the next morning. Seroquel does tend to be sedating for a long period of time -- longer than most people wish to or are able to sleep for. However, the Adderall in your system might prevent it from having that effect, & might not.

& it's also of course possible that you could take the Seroquel & just find yourself stuck being awake but feeling incredibly, incredibly tired.

You'll have to try it, really.
    Have you tried Thorazine? That sedates you for at least 12 hours after you take it, I think it last way longer.

24. Collapse Details

Yea thorazine will knock you the fuck out, but beware of the thorazine shuffle lol.......And if that does not work, then haloperidol is the next one up (it is roughly 50x as potent as thorazine)......If that doesn't help, then you are shit out of luck. Both are typical anti-psychotics.

25. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGsherm7272 View Post
    Yea thorazine will knock you the fuck out, but beware of the thorazine shuffle lol.......And if that does not work, then haloperidol is the next one up (it is roughly 50x as potent as thorazine)......If that doesn't help, then you are shit out of luck. Both are typical anti-psychotics.
    The atypicals can cause the same abnormal gait as thorazine, it's just less common.

And if you've got a doctor who's willing to prescribe typical anti-psychotics as a sleep aid then they're probably willing to prescribe barbiturates, old school hypnotics, and perhaps even anaesthetic agents.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast