• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to enjoy salvia

The fact that you say you "laughed" during your trip makes me know for a fact you haven't gotten nearly the full effects.

I laugh plenty on salvia. Its kind of a nervous, involuntary laugh but it can be hysterical nonetheless.

Jesus. That is some potent shit. What if you were to smoke an entire bowl-full? What exactly is a "break through?" Is it possible with 40x?

I wouldnt smoke an entire bowl, it would be a waste. There is a fine line between nothing and everything with salvia, hence the term breakthrough. Its not like pot or other drugs where there is a spectrum of effects depending on dose. You either enter salvia-land or you dont, so you either break through or you dont. And it is very possible with 40x.

It is absolutely NOTHING LIKE POT!!! It is NOT a high like that, just a subtle readjustment of the setting controls on your mental TV like weed is! Do people read nothing? How can they think it is like weed? All green dry plant stuff does not automatically work in a similar way, jesus that is a silly assumption to make!

It is a trance in which your mind shifts into operating in an entirely different manner.

See in the other thread where I try to explain why sublingual liquid extract (I am not sure if dry concentrated leaf will soak in fast enough to work this way) is the only proper way to use it... why smoking it is usually just bad and weird and confusing:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=8900248&postcount=42
Relax. Nobody ever even mentioned anything about weed in this entire thread. I don't know where you're getting this from. I'm well aware that salvia is a hallucinogen and has effects nothing like weed.
I laugh plenty on salvia. Its kind of a nervous, involuntary laugh but it can be hysterical nonetheless.

I wouldnt smoke an entire bowl, it would be a waste. There is a fine line between nothing and everything with salvia, hence the term breakthrough. Its not like pot or other drugs where there is a spectrum of effects depending on dose. You either enter salvia-land or you dont, so you either break through or you dont. And it is very possible with 40x.
Perfect kind of information I was looking for. Thanks. %)

And plenty (like myself) can't break through with 20x unless they're on something else and end up being railroaded by pins and needles and literally being in hell until they stopped...

Sub-breakthrough is not worth it... Breakthrough is barely worth it. It seems to blend well with euphoric phens though like 2C-E, MDA, and MDMA....

I believe that Salvia can be used "recreationally" depending what you want to use it for and once you get some experience under your belt. First of all a real trip or full break through is not going to be enjoyable in any sense of the word recreation. However small enough doses for me (only ever taken outside, in nature, during sunny days) gives a nice hummm, a little sideways gravity and nice bright patterns. Increase the dose a bit and I usually end up lost in a mosaic jungle but can keep a handle on my ego.

When I say small doses I mean tiny like 1/20th gram of 10x, however I've also been able to titrate up my dose over the 15minutes or so to get where I want to be without going over.

Very relaxing, beautiful and most importantly convenient short duration.

A fully immersive salvia trip is definitely worth it. I think alot of people get stuck inbetween a full trip and a threshold experience. S. Divinorum can be an amazing experience.

Salvia is not really enjoyed......just puff and then8o8o8o8o8o It is the craziest of the crazy if you "breakthrough". You will be in awe of it afterwards for a long time!

Yes, i did 20x about 7 years ago, and i still think about it and try to make sense of it all. I am glad i did the salvia but i will not do it again becasue i am afraid. It was very deep. It does somthing that just cant be put into words.

Salvia was the first thing I tripped on and I definitely don't regret it. I tried using .2 grams of 7x the first time and it didn't do much for me. Then I tried .2 of 20x and got blasted into salvia land. I can't say I've ever found salvia particularly fun, but it's worth the experience. If you use enough of it to break through, it is a short, intense, and immersive experience that is like no other drug I've ever tried. It's not euphoric, but it's a hell of a journey and if you've never tried it, it's worth a shot.

Salvia is amazing when you actually break through. The few times I did it I got weird effects, when you dont quite break through it's a really weird buzz.

However using 20x extract, and a nice water pipe in a dark setting. 2 nice rips in a row brought me into a psychedelic world. I was talking to a gang of gnomes for about 20 minutes, and then a godess. It was definently a cool experience.

However the other experiences with it, and not breaking through were pretty boring/weird.. It's fun if you break through, but nothing to go crazy for.

Salvia is a special plant. The last few times I smoked the herb, extract or not, I've gotten some very clear messages: "You don't need to come here." "You should not smoke me this way."

I recommend using it orally with a tincture as described previously in this thread. If its anything similar to using a quid of leaves, it is gentler and more visionary. This is my preferred method, as it allows you to actually get something comprehensible from the experience.

Don't get me wrong, a salvia breakthrough is very powerful and can be an interesting place, but there isn't much that you can bring back from it. It's like being dropped into an alien world for a short time, and then being pulled out. There just isn't much you can relate to your life on this plane.

Respect the plant and listen to its message. This is one of my favorite plants, and its also one of the psychedelics with which I have the best relationship. It's worth the effort to form your own relationship with the plant, and to explore how it might teach you best.

Last edited:
a lot of my friends say the more you do it, the more you stay lucid during your breakthrough.

you could just not smoke it and be happier overall... Seriously though its not very good, I get no innate euphoria from it and I feel very uncomfortable for an hour after going out for 3-5 minutes and having hallucinations that I can barely even remember. Not good at all

I might be using salvia this weekend for the first time. Not only have I never done salvia before, I've also never tripped before. Any experienced users have any good tips? I have heard of countless bad trips on it and I really want to like salvia.
Salvia is a dysphoric / atypical psychedelic. I would not recommend smoking it.

Although it has nothing to do with other psychedelics, it might deter you from trying them if you have an overwhelming experience.

If you're looking to have a good time, or to get your feet wet with psychedelics, look elsewhere. If you fancy yourself a connoisseur of consciousness and are willing to endure difficult experiences, go for it.

I had a few breakthroughs and a few not so much experiences - main rule is keep smoking til it hits

For me though I could never get a repeat effect on the same day - If I consumed once that day it didn't matter how much I smoked again, usually this was tried within the same hour or so of the first, and it would have literally zero effect

Salvia was one of my first 'psychadelic' experiences ever. I did it before mushrooms or acid~ and it is still one of the most intense experiences I've ever had with drugs in my life...

I would not compare the experience you have on Salvia to any other drug in the future. Do not let it frighten you from experiencing other psychadelics in the future~ because the world salvia brings you to is something unique and onto itself... it's a world I'm not sure I want to see again, EVER...

...and yet for some reason or the other, I'm glad I did.

somehow, this shit scares me, I havent tried it & I'm not sure I intend to...

... curious, but not curious enough, yet...

If you're looking to have a good time, or to get your feet wet with psychedelics, look elsewhere. If you fancy yourself a connoisseur of consciousness and are willing to endure difficult experiences, go for it.

& thats what bothers me Lol

I don't find the breakthrough on salvia pleasant but you can enjoy the effects that just slightly alter your vision/make you talk shit. Just keep in your head throughout it's only a drug and it's fun - worked for me although I can't say this would work all the time as it can be really overwhelming.