• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to enjoy salvia

Salvia Divinorum was my first ever psychedelic drug. I still hold it with extremely high regard and reverance; it is an experience like no other. My second experience was a full breakthrough, and it enticed me further in to the world of entheogens than I would have expected. It is a true teacher. Salvia Divinorum is something that I feel calls to me when the time is right; I don't feel the need to use it for the sake of it. I find it has a spiritual depth found only in a few entheogenic substances/plants. For these reasons, and many other inexplicable ones, I feel, like many others, a special relationship to 'the Sherpherdess'.

Follow DwayneHoover's advice about the Emerald Essence. Also, Siebert's clones have been the finest I have used.

Breaking through: I have been able to "breakthrough" easiest on 5x. I have also broken through on 10x, but any extracts with a supposed higher potency than that (20x and higher) have not been enough for me to breakthrough. I think that maybe the higher potency extracts I used were not actually higher potency overall, but instead low-yield Salvinorin A extracts made at 10x or higher the ratio of leaves. The final potency of the extracts will depend on who is making the extracts, the clones they are using, and the effiency of their tek. I can't be certain on this.

However you choose to use it though, if you treat her with respect, I'm pretty sure that you will have a very special, life-long relationship with Salvia. May you accept all she has to teach you. <3

I can't believe the stuff I'm seeing here. Salvia is not worth it? It's no fun? well it ain't supposed to be fun! The κ-opioid action is specifically dysphoric. It's supposed to cause you intolerable pain. That's the only way it can teach you.
Personally, the stuff changed my life. It brutally eliminates your ego, and exposes you to a terrifying depersonalized reality. I was brought down to my mental knees, begging this force for deliverance. And eventually, it gave me that. however you look at it, It's a total life changer.
On the other hand, it kind of has the potential to mess you bad. I wouldn't recommend the stuff to people who are not at their height of mental endurance. I know I wasn't, and I paid dearly for that. Plus, a sitter is non-negotiable. My experience would have been so much worse if I didn't have one at hand.
To some it up, psychonautics is not about the fun. It's about opening your third eye, the doors of perception, whatever, and to lead a more meaningful existence through these experiments. peace out.

Yes, the more u smoke/experience salvia (repeating weekly), the more lucid u become throughout your trips in future. Also, the more experience u get, the easier it is to "fall into salvia land". Perhaps this is the cause for the so called reverse tolerance? ...

Salvia is an amazing addition for any experienced psychonauts rainy day collection, many will disagree but many will also agree. I say experienced for a reason as i have a few tales that may make u change your mind about trying it as your first psychedelic.

GoodLuck, hope you remember your experience :) ...

Dont dose too high or you will BLACKOUT (not the good kind of blackout where its an endless abyss which your floating in, but, blackout in the sense of total memory loss of the experience) as the brains natural response to protect u from what u saw while tripping as it can be a very overwhelming and if not ready for said experience, very traumatic.

GOTTA LOVE THE HUMAN BRAIN!! <3

Last edited:
yeah i 2nd, 3rd, 4th that..................

It aint worth it the high, why last time i smoked x20 with m8 i just got real sweaty (uncomfortable sweats) saw my m8 acting as a sunflower n pulled on my t-shirt telling every1 to leave me alone (thinknig they were pulling my shirt) i gave every1 else a laugh but jsut freaked out completely

(which is weird 4 me as i usually enjoy any type of tripping in any manor)

i say save your money sir and put it something more worthwhile and meaningfull........ take a trip 2 c mandy ;)

Best way to enjoy Salvia is to leave it in the baggie and don't even think about smoking it ;)

Other than that combined with MDMA is the only way I would ever consider smoking the stuff really - especially those vicious high-strength extracts. Got a gram each of 40X and 60X (actual 40X and 60X unlike most vendors who just lie) and still have plenty of them both left 3-4 years later. 60X is basically unsmokeable for me - maybe a tiny sprinkle in a spliff but no way in a bong. 40X is also way too high to be practical but with extreme caution you can just about get a dose that is bearable from it. Not a fan of high-potency extracts at all. Vile bodyfeel and nothing but the mindfuck from hell mentally. Vicious stuff.

On the other hand, oral Salvia tinctures are lush and I would definitely recommend looking into those instead. Lasts 3-4 hours but is way more manageable and useful - and is actually enjoyable too 8o

^I've only heard of this Sally + Mandy thing in the past few days. They seem like very strange bedfellows. I'm wondering how the empathogen makes the experience euphoric, given that Salvia is so devastatingly overwhelming and that they both work in completely different ways. I can understand the MDMA giving the experience an open empathy that the experience would normally lack, but I find Salvia to put me so far out of body & mind & time that 'empathy' isn't even a familiar thing in that space. Because I suppose there's nothing left of me to feel it. Maybe the combo allows you to retain that sense of "I" to feel empathy with the other.

It just makes it an enjoyable experience really. Well, as close as smoked Salvia ever gets to being enjoyable. Smoked alone it just feels chaotic, unfriendly and unpleasant, to me. With MD it becomes more relevant and easier to actually get anything from whilst still retaining it's character. Really is a great combo - even us folks that have a strained relationship with Salvia at best tend to find it worthwhile in combo. Try it sometime - may just surprise you and show you another facet to the stuff :)

Look up Emerald Essence. Follow directions exactly. Stillness and quiet is necessary by ANY Salvia excursion for proper effects to manifest... its actually a fairly delicate state of being.

But a PROPERLY made and standardized liquid extract like the above, utilized precisely as directed above, held under the tongue, generates a FAR FAR FAR more interesting and valuable experience than the "being hit on the head with an anvil" sudden and far-too-strong effect of smoking, which is WAY WAY too fast to nutty to actually observe and learn anything from.