throwing stash out window

bben

Bluelighter
why dont people throw their stash out of the window when they see a cop pulling them over on the interstate, it seems like it would be so easy with pills to slip them out the window and in traffic going 80 i mean cmon they cant get it plus if its pills they could go anywhere and blend in.

Is there something you can get charged with if they see something go out the window and if not why doesnt everyone do this?

This is because im curious....

Because they feel like there is a possibility they could escape? If its a large amount then it could still be easily found. Some people are just dumb? You will get a charge for evading police anyway, if you have drugs on you or not...

People do this all the time on "America's Dumbest Criminals". It rarely works out well for them, hence their appearance on the show.

If a police officer is focusing on pulling you over, he's hardly likely to overlook the mysterious pills you keep flinging out of the window

If you throw drugs out the window, they might be found by children or animals whom it could place in serious danger. Depending on the substance, it would be like throwing a loaded gun out the window.

^ Could be too dangerous, depending on the substance and quantity. Don't OD in the heat of the moment!

Uhhhhh...I think the cop's going to notice some shit flying out of your car. Especially since he's tailing you and watching you closely.

I'm not condoning any illegal behavior here, but let me just tell the facts about the law: People all the time get away with having drugs or weapons on a traffic stop. The cop must have probable cause to search (or else he could lose his badge). If your eyes are bloodshot or dilated, that's probable cause. If you act very nervous, that's probable cause. If you're drunk, then well no shit that's probable cause. Also if he sees a dime bag fly out of the fucking passenger window, your car is going to get impounded and you will get heavier penalties than if he found the drugs and busted you.

Just telling the reality. By no means am I endorsing any of this behavior.

acting nervous is probable cause???

Last edited by a moderator:
The cop must have probable cause to search (or else he could lose his badge).

Cops don't lose their badges over a bad search.

If your eyes are bloodshot or dilated, that's probable cause.

That is incorrect. Such may support probable cause, but does not rise to the level of probable cause exclusively.

If you act very nervous, that's probable cause

The sole act of acting nervous is not probable cause or even reasonable suspicion. Acting nervous coupled with other indicators may rise to the reasonable suspicion required to turn a traffic stop into an investigatory stop.

If you're drunk, then well no shit that's probable cause.

Being drunk (after being confirmed through rigorous testing methods) is probable cause for DUI. It is not alone probable cause to search a vehicle (although arresting a driver for DUI can lead to the vehicle being impounded and a subsequent inventory search). A search incident to arrest is also possible, given the officer can articulate that he was searching for evidence of the offense charged or that it was an officer safety issue.

Also if he sees a dime bag fly out of the fucking passenger window, your car is going to get impounded and you will get heavier penalties than if he found the drugs and busted you.

If the officer was unable to recover the "dime bag", there wouldn't be any evidence that a crime had occurred (other than littering).

You may still get charged with tampering with evidence but I heard this idea in a hightime's article, its completely impractical but tie your stash to a helium balloon. Then up up and away. Kinda funny idea. And at least the cops will have to work for their bust.

But I think most people don't throw the drugs away because they love that drug and are probably getting chased because of that drug.

What happens when a child finds the helium balloon and eats the pills (or whatever) attached to it? Maybe it would be OK for marijuana since it's is not orally active without being heated. But most drugs are not like that.

If I were a D.A. and a child was killed or seriously injured because of the balloon trick, I would at the very least charge the defendant with voluntary manslaughter, if not murder.

as i ascertained early in my youth through extensive repeated experiments trying to fly lego dudes on helium balloons, you would need a friggin' huge balloon for your stash to go anywhere but straight down.

As seen in never get busted again. 1. Empty baggy through hole in bottom of vehicle. 2. Eat baggie.

As seen in never get busted again. 1. Empty baggy through hole in bottom of vehicle. 2. Eat baggie.

Pretty much, and even these methods do not guarantee your "freedom"...

[This paragraph edited. Sorry BB but it's against the Legal Discussion forum guidelines to post information about how to break the law. Thanks, Johnny1]

Be safe y'all...and play the game the right way...

Last edited by a moderator: