• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin Dosage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xboxer7

Greenlighter
What would be a first time recreational dosage for gabapentin and for any subsequent dosages after that?

A starting dose would be 300mg, or maybe even 150mg. From there you may find you want more. Be advised that despite there being claims to Neurontin/Gabapentin having recreational value, I never found that to be true. It can be useful, even relaxing and somewhat sedating, but I wouldn't expect any great recreational effects from just this drug alone.

Would 300mg be enough? I've heard of people having to take near 2 grams to get the most out of it. Would it mix well with vicodin or xanax?

^Yeah, tolerance builds rapidly and people end up taking huge doses, even legitimately prescribed doses of 1200-1600mg aren't uncommon.

But yes, to answer your question, start with 300mg and see how you feel. I recall the first time I took it, that amount was enough to get a feel for the drug. Many people don't like Gabapentin, but I'd say if you are going to take it, you'll probably enjoy it a lot more if you take it with a Vicodin or two. Xanax releases GABA much in the same way that the Gabapentin does, so maybe hold off on that for now.

I think it varies between people. I've see first timers get wasted off 100mg, and some not feel shit on 300mg.

When I tried it, I had to take almost 600mg to get something out of it.

Take it slow.. there's no rush lol

I will add I am actually one who gets it for legitimate issues and they started me on 150 MGS
I was so darn twisted i was FAR from sedated i was bouncing off the walls happy as heck with a actual buzz.

But as said that wore off like within 4 days i was taking twice that I take 900 a days now and feel Nothing but relief from the neuropathy issues.

I have a high tolerance for recreational things like coke and heroin but have never been much for pills so was not expectign it I will say I wish the heck it would happen again LOL

WOW i wish they started me off slow.. right after being hospitalized, they put me on 900 mg 4 X's a day! max dosage.. now my nerves dont get as much relief.. but it still takes the edge off.. i didnt even know u can get loaded on the stuff? when they started me on it i was in bad shape (became quadripegic).. jeez looweez, with my tolerance, now i'll never get high! lol!

you have a problem that is being addressed by them and is probably taking up the space that others would consider euphoric...

Originally Posted by NurvPayne
WOW i wish they started me off slow.. right after being hospitalized, they put me on 900 mg 4 X's a day! max dosage.. now my nerves dont get as much relief.. but it still takes the edge off.. i didnt even know u can get loaded on the stuff? when they started me on it i was in bad shape (became quadripegic).. jeez looweez, with my tolerance, now i'll never get high! lol!

LOL I never knew it got ya high either I wa like wow i was floating around the house in lala land talking 90 miles a minute my kids were staying clear of me so i would shut up

I have to be honest coming here i have learned a lot that i never had a Clue about. I was always always a dope and coke kind of gal wth a few opiate pills mixed in
The stuff younger people take now just boggles my mind
gawd i feel old

HAHAA! no doubt.. i cant seem to navigate away from bluelight! i just keep learning new shit.. funny im 36 and never thought id be the one saying "these crazy kids these days!" but i think it all the time..

I am 46 and i know what ya mean about the whole crazy kids thing Makes ya feel old as heck huh?

hahaha are you serious? this drug is absolutely no fun if you're trying to get "fucked up"

I absolutely love gabapentin as a recreational drug AND as a medication. But for a good high, I would have to recommend upwards of 5-6 grams. I've taken up to 19 grams in a single dose. When it hits you...you are fucked.

I used to take this recreational and i would eat 10 400 mg pills to get a buzz. It's a weird relaxed buzz and your eyes do weird shit.

I've heard so many different reports on a GABAPENTIN buzz.

I can try it if I want to, but I'm not sure. I've heard some users say they get warm, talkative, and creative. And other say they get drowsy as hell. I wonder what it would do for me.

It made me talkative and hyped I mean it had me feeling like i was just like able to run the world.
I have to admit it spooked me at first but i grew to like it and poof then it was gone I upped dose twice still never felt that again

sort of like those bells that ring when ya first do coke and ya chase them for years trying to hear them again but when ya do it is cause ya damn near dead

@NurvPayne Yea i hear ya on the 16 yo sister
I have kids 17 and 14 and well I am Thankful odd as it is to say that they see what drugs did to me cause they are quick to speak on it and how it is no good

Fuck it. I am trying gabapentin today. I have six 100mg capsules, and five 600mg tablets.

I took the last of my tramadol earlier (out until Sunday..but will have morphine or hydrocodone to help with tram wds)

I took 100mg of gabapentin not long ago. First thing I noticed was my leg had kind of a pins and needles feel to them and got pretty heavy. Then this spread throughout my body and I think I felt a little hyped up, but it's calmed down. I am going to take more gabapentin in a moment. Starting slow, but hopefully it'll get me into a blissful, talkative, warm state that it does for some of you.

I just got scripted Gabapentin 300mg 3 times a day... What should I expect if 300mg is considered a recreational dose!

Status
Not open for further replies.