Near Citizen Arrest

burn100blunts

Greenlighter
I looked for threads about this subject, but couldn't find any. I would like the bl'ers point of view. Today I was at my friends house and he had just sparked a bowl. Next thing we know the neighbors are slamming on the door, and screaming to let them come in. Of course we didn't let them in, but what happened next shocked me. My friend suggested it was best for me to leave as I hadn't done much besides had a puff. As I'm leaving the complex I hear someone shouting thats one of them!! (he hadn't even seen me yet) and chased me with something that looked like a crowbar. He put it over my throat and held it against my chest while I explained I didn't do anything that was a felony. Here in california smoking marijuana is a mere infraction!! I some how squirmed out of his gripped and bolted to my car and drove away. My question is were there actions legal? Can I be punished for evading them?

lol, no, if your not bullshiting that is assault

its ironic because someone who commits assault to stop a crime, that is off less seriousness then assault,

and i mean has the guy never smoked their before without a reaction

Thats fucked up. I would have called the cops. Im pretty sure what he did is a lot more illegal than you smoking pot. He came at you with a crowbar. If you have under an ounce in cali its only a 100 dollar fine.

I'm not bullshitting at all, we had smoked .2 grams at most. It looked like a crow bar but it could have been some other sort of tool all i know is it was metal and he put it over my head and tried to restrain me, I some how got out. I'm mindfucked right now should I tell the police?

That entirely up to you. I would talk to your friend about it first since it happened at his house.

I talked to him and he said they risk being evicted from the complex. I don't believe that that can lawfully happen seeing as he was committing an infraction and they committed assault..

If he's renting then the landlord has final say, especially if there's a no smoking rule in effect.

I understand that part, but I'm more concerned about how they didn't see any marijuana/Paraphernalia and were simply going by smell. They also tried to come inside the house without permission. I will let his mom deal with legal issues, but I will testify that I was assaulted by the neighbor.

Fuck that!! The dude had no right to do what he did, and I'm guessing the cops would arrest him for assault if you would have called them immediately.

If it was me I would be doing something but I don't know your situation in its entirety so I really can't advise you what to do. (My route would involve finding out who he is and ruining his day) Not good advice I know

The funny thing is the guy was probably a few beers deep when he decided to be "a hero" :p

Wow, that crazy. I'd call the police if I was in that situation. But the whole "citizens arrest" thing makes me lol. If someone tried making a "citizens arrest" like that one dude in your post, I'd smack some sense in them. Since they attacked you first and all.

Would have been better you had photo or video evidence, maybe hold out for next time regards legal proceedings,

edit also if smoking is going to cause this sort of trouble, get a vaporiser instead, much cleaner less smell

Last edited:
Wait did the guy come in to your friend's house or was it outside? Either way aren't you allowed to shoot someone in America if they're coming at you with a crowbar? I don't know what some people's problem is, glad you're ok

Wait did the guy come in to your friend's house or was it outside? Either way aren't you allowed to shoot someone in America if they're coming at you with a crowbar? I don't know what some people's problem is, glad you're ok

It depends on what state and jurisdiction you're in when it happens.

More often than not, though, pulling a gun on and shooting a man with a crowbar will probably get you some jail time.

don't forget to tell the cops about the weed, if you leave that out, any court actions would be shady,

also post any court information, and maybe contact the media,

[Maybe so, but you can't post advice to do that here, because doing that would be breaking the law.]

Last edited by a moderator:
You weren't smoking when he attacked you, he assaulted you, so you can press charges.

yup there is no laws that permits someone to put their hands upon you, let alone a fucking crowbar around your neck, for suspicion of smoking pot. as far as i'm aware the only time a citizens arrest is even legal in the states is when someone witnesses someone else committing a felony, and even then the law does not give the citizen the right to violate the criminals rights.

so, if you were choked with a crowbar, or assaulted with a deadly weapon, because some righteous cock sucker SUSPECTED that you were smoking pot- he didn't even have any proof beyond his own suspicion, then you should take some action against him imo. he is the real criminal, he is the one who committed a felony.