• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Dota 2

PRAISE ICEFROGS HOLY NAME DotA 2 IS UPON US (soon hopefully)

On a side note i am very disappointed in all the dota spinoffs that have come out over the past year. From what i'm reading about DotA 2 its going to be an exact copy of the current DotA on valves newest game engine developed from the ground up by icefrog, which is exactly what I want.

Wewt Dota for life, thanks now Hon Will die and so wont Lol which are both piss poor excuses for my favorite game.

^ haha I was just going to ask whether League of Legends or Heroes of Newerth were any good :)

There OK. I feel out of them Lol is > Hon... but thats personal preference

I played this game in its infancy when I played a lot of WCIII ums.. I had no idea at the time, that this game would blow up to these proportions.

LoL is quite fun actually. The only problem is the system for leavers is pretty bad, and recently I have noticed an increase in leavers. Also, some heroes are kinda useless, but there are enough good ones to pick from.

dota as in defense of the ancients? i thought this was just a custom game on WC...

^ yeh just like counter strike originated from a half life mod. DOTA2 is going to be an official game developed by Value thoguh.

haha wow thats awesome i remember playing it when i was in like 7th/8th grade and now im 21. can u play for free or do u gotta pay?

free if you own wc3 tft. or you could pirate it and play on numerous other servers in your local area i'm guessing.

Also www.dota2.com

I have dota 2 beta keys if anyone is interested.

Sure Care, shoot me one over PM if you don't mind.

Just started getting into this game. Never played WC3 or anything of the sort when i was younger really, I was more into console games back then.

Having a lot of fun. Anyone ever want to play let me know.

I have dota 2 beta keys if anyone is interested.

^ Same here. Drop me a PM if you need one :)

Sadly this only runs on my laptop and not my PC, and since I don't enjoy gaming on my laptop so much that means I've only played a couple of games. This coupled with the fact I struggle with DotA and am a huge noob at it, and am much better at LoL currently has put me off playing for a while.

Hopefully I'll be able to grab a new PSU soon and play it on my PC though.

I struggle with DotA and am a huge noob at it, and am much better at LoL

Ive tried to get my RL friends that play LOL to play DotA but we have yet to have a good game together because, well........ dota is hard, and the competition in beta right now is brutal. They always go back to LOL.

Sorry about stiffing you on the betakey cyc, I gave them out before you responded.

If anyone out there is good at dota I would be willing to try a 2 man team..... but yea.... dota is hard.

Ive tried to get my RL friends that play LOL to play DotA but we have yet to have a good game together because, well........ dota is hard, and the competition in beta right now is brutal. They always go back to LOL.

Sorry about stiffing you on the betakey cyc, I gave them out before you responded.

If anyone out there is good at dota I would be willing to try a 2 man team..... but yea.... dota is hard.

I think the main thing that puts me and others off getting into DotA is that while it's much more rewarding than something like LoL when you're doing good since you can completely facestomp the opposition singlehandedly sometimes - it's also a lot more frustrating and painful if you're having a bad game.

In LoL you can get off to a bad start, recover somewhat, and still have a lot of fun, but at least from what I've seen in DotA if you mess up your game you're kind of screwed and doomed to feed while all your team mates shout at you for it haha.

I certainly want to get into it though. When I have a nice long weekend of nothing to do and a lot of boredom I might just sit down for the better part of the two days and just play game after game, it's how I got over the initial hurdles in LoL, and while DotA is a bit harder to start off given that I'm already very experienced with LoL I think I should be fine once I get a few games under my belt :)

^ I would agree with that.

In dota if you can farm a few early items you can really snowball fast and rape their entire team. And of course you often find yourself on the other end of that equation if you or your team gets a bad start.