• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Dota 2

I know you will call me noob for this but I tried dota but after one match I went straight back to lol.. to complicated for me, granted that I'm a noob at lol too

You'll probably think im an asshole, but im glad. The amount of noobs in Dota is too damn high, and most noobs never make the jump to being a good player.

I have some outstanding games simply because I've played Dota types since before there was Dota, but most of the time I play I'll make a coffee, get kinda faded, be chatting with my fiancee, and having my cat running across my desk. This tends to let me do ok enough with a few good teammates, but rarely dominate. The best hero for this imo is Ezalor although he has been nerfed a bit in the last few months.

After years of sub-par machines and internet I finally have way over the limit everything for Dota2/LoL, and am only limited server side. This makes a HUGE difference in how good you can be with X amount of effort.

^Its all about the level of competition.

If youre playing with sub-par players then yea you can do OK playing causally. But I would say DotA (more than ANY other game) has a reputation for being hard to learn and even harder to master. It is all but inaccessible to noobs.

Yea a solo player like me without any real life friends who play would be hard pressed to get into it nowadays. I think if you have a few good friends who can teach then the curve is much less steep.

You'll probably think im an asshole, but im glad. The amount of noobs in Dota is too damn high, and most noobs never make the jump to being a good player.
I don't think you're an asshole. you're actually right, I'm a noob because I've been playing for maybe one month, usually I do become good at videogames after a while. , also it's sad how many 12 years old kids there are on this games, they're not just noob but I always have to mute because they're so fucking annoying

I don't think you're an asshole. you're actually right, I'm a noob because I've been playing for maybe one month, usually I do become good at videogames after a while. , also it's sad how many 12 years old kids there are on this games, they're not just noob but I always have to mute because they're so fucking annoying

Haha, that is why I have everyone on perma-mute. Have to type to me the old fashioned way =P

Ive played about 300 games of dota 2, not once have I queued for diretide.

Yea I have about the same amount of games i just thought I might as well give it at least 1 go

man I keep thinking I need to start playing again. I've been partying pretty regularly and abandon my video games and my clan. every once in a while I get a real urge to play dota but i'm concerned that being VERY rusty in the "slightly-better-than-good-and-way-too-fucking-proud-of-it" MMR tier that I did well in at my peak will cause me a lot of grief.

man I keep thinking I need to start playing again. I've been partying pretty regularly and abandon my video games and my clan. every once in a while I get a real urge to play dota but i'm concerned that being VERY rusty in the "slightly-better-than-good-and-way-too-fucking-proud-of-it" MMR tier that I did well in at my peak will cause me a lot of grief.

Ya man I know what you mean, I go in and out of DotA as well. Ill play semi consistantly for a few weeks, then wont play for a good 2 months. Whenever I come back it always takes me a day or so to get back to where i was before. A lot of the people I play withsee me online again and theyre like "cool youre playing again, have you warmed up yet?" And im like no but im ready to go! Then I proceed to joing their stack and feed and theyre like yea, go practice before you play with us again LOL.

Im pretty fucking legit when im on my game though.

I really like to play roaming support gankers, jungle gankers and off laners or solo mids. THe only roles I really struggle at are pure lane support and hard carry. My best heroes are as follows

Top tier: Prophet, by far my best hero (I have like a 70% winrate with probably about 100 games played)

2nd Tier: Lich, Nightstlaker, Enchantress, DK, Viper

3rd Tier: Windrunner Timbersaw, Weaver

Im really garbage with about half of the heroes, but semi decent with about 30 or 40 other than these.

Ya man I know what you mean, I go in and out of DotA as well. Ill play semi consistantly for a few weeks, then wont play for a good 2 months. Whenever I come back it always takes me a day or so to get back to where i was before. A lot of the people I play withsee me online again and theyre like "cool youre playing again, have you warmed up yet?" And im like no but im ready to go! Then I proceed to joing their stack and feed and theyre like yea, go practice before you play with us again LOL.

Im pretty fucking legit when im on my game though.

I really like to play roaming support gankers, jungle gankers and off laners or solo mids. THe only roles I really struggle at are pure lane support and hard carry. My best heroes are as follows

Top tier: Prophet, by far my best hero (I have like a 70% winrate with probably about 100 games played)

2nd Tier: Lich, Nightstlaker, Enchantress, DK, Viper

3rd Tier: Windrunner Timbersaw, Weaver

Im really garbage with about half of the heroes, but semi decent with about 30 or 40 other than these.

yeah see for me I started playing dota, and then spent 6 months or so playing 4 or more hours a night and then just stopped. it was spring early summer when I stopped playing. my clan loved me cuz most of them didn't wanna play solo off lane and for some reason its my favorite role to play. especially in my MMR carry/semi carry heroes like clinkz or weaver can off lane really well, plus the pro level off laners like Gondar, dark seer, etc. I always played off lane or support when I played with a clan stack because that's how it works when you're the new guy. I actually played a damn good hard carry in pub matches and have literally carried a few games myself which is a great feeling. solo mid always felt like center stage and I didn't start playing mid til the end of my dota phase but puck and tinker are great, especially when you 6 slot a tink, all the items have actives and its awesome to get into a BoTs split push pattern its like playing a damn piano lol.

TInker is cool but he has been nerfed so hard since his heyday, its hard for me to play him anymore.

You used to be able to rearm BKB, and this was back when BKB lasted a full 10 seconds all game.

A 6 slot tinker with BoT's, Dagon5, hex, shivas, bkb and manta was like total godmode. Constant magic immunity and ability to TP all over the map while having hex/shivas/manta/dagon with essentially 0 cooldown. I remember watching some pro games where tinker would basically 1v5 with that build.

damn I need someone or something to give me the motivation to load up dota 2 again. I need the hobby but fuck dude.