• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Dota 2

If you want DOTA 2...

...post your Steam ID or username here and I'll gift you . or pm me

Last edited:
I had been getting frustrated with losing recently in DOTA because the competition is so stiff at the higher levels. So, I made a new account that matches me against lower tier opponents. Ive only died once in 4 games and have over 60 kills. Its a weird mix of guilt and glee introducing the noobs to the world of DOTA.

Last edited:
I was hoping i'd find a dota thread here. i'm DJRolling on steam feel free to add me I don't play super often but I know theres some BLer's that will stay up til 4am and play dota every now and then. i'm US east btw but have played on both US west and the UK (EU west?) servers playing with germans and Belgians without a problem with latency.
the thought of having someone to play dota with that enjoys recreational drugs like I do is awesome.

EDIT: my steam name is actually |2¢|DJRolling, I almost forgot i'm in a "clan" we don't talk much be we play together every now and then. some of these guys take things too seriously like getting mad when you want to try a hero you don't know well and don't stomp while he's the person getting a midas on void against a chen and LD pushing our towers constantly.

I want to go back to just pressing "random hero" and just having fun, that's why i'd rather not play with my clan sometimes.

Last edited:
Haha so I just played another game solo mid as viper. After I last hit all but a couple creeps in the first 3 waves and harassed him down to 30% he left the lane and said, "youre clearly not lvl 1 like me, fuck this game im going back to LoL" and quit.

Gotta keep the community pure and scare away all the hontrash and LoLfags before they start.

Haha so I just played another game solo mid as viper. After I last hit all but a couple creeps in the first 3 waves and harassed him down to 30% he left the lane and said, "youre clearly not lvl 1 like me, fuck this game im going back to LoL" and quit.

Gotta keep the community pure and scare away all the hontrash and LoLfags before they start.

I like that, I like that a lot. i'm to the point that I can't go into matchmaking alone it seems like every game someone is ragequitting or just going AFK. but like, everyone should know that viper mid is really annoying to play against because he can harass with poison attack which when used manually doesn't agro the creeps and nethertoxin makes last hitting easy for him. who was the other player playing? if he was melee against a viper then I kinda get it you just can't be a melee hero against viper and do well early game.

it was sniper

viper is a decent mid, but IMO heroes like QOP and TA are much more annoying to play against. They have great harass and survivability, it would be very hard to stay in lane very long against them vs viper. But against noobs viper is legit.

it was sniper

viper is a decent mid, but IMO heroes like QOP and TA are much more annoying to play against. They have great harass and survivability, it would be very hard to stay in lane very long against them vs viper. But against noobs viper is legit.

yes yes yes, 1000 times yes. viper is great against noobs but isn't a great mid hero in mid level to high level play. he had no way to control the wave to get runes and doesn't do much in ganks. with viper mid your best bet is to just get last hits and denies while using your orb to harass as much as possible. do this until you hit 6 and then let the enemy push up to your side of the river turn auto cast for your orb on and ult the guy and get a kill. viper can snowball easy if you do well early, if you're playing in low level MM.

Very stand up guy, you are. Harrising noobs, Cmon.

I see it as comeuppance for me having to learn in WC3 dota where there was no matchmaking and I always got pitted against people that had been playing forever.

Noobs these days have it way too easy, this'l put a little hair on their chest.

You play dota? Dats cool.

Anybody watching TI3?

nah not watching, I can't get myself big into the pro scene I will watch it if it's on while I have nothing else to do but I haven't seen anything but a few group stage games.

Im feeling slow-motion-bump-the-dubstep unstoppable in dota today.

ive played 4 games and carried in evey one

Prophet
Lich
Enchantress
DK

I like to start in jungle and gank lanes/roam. get midas on most heroes.

When there was a 3rd party ranking system in dota (for like a week before it got shut down) I was in the top 10%, and ive gone on a huge run since then so probably close to top 5% now

I wish there was a legit ranking system

Last edited:
aaaand i finally lost, although I managed to drag the game out for like 15 mins longer than it should have gone, other team was allchatting me for like half the game calling me a ninja turtle lol

I still play DotA and LoL from time to time. I just find that the meta gets boring quickly, and that people are far too stuck on the current meta. When I first started playing you just did whatever, and kicked ass if you were good. Now there is all this bullshit with A must there, B there, C there, etc.. Dominion in LoL was pretty fun til a new stupid meta developed (tanky DPS). I just wish the developers would focus more on making it so that a specific meta was not so strongly encouraged, and that one would see more 2 or 3 player mids, and less static farming where your team bitches at you for leaving your lane.

I still play DotA and LoL from time to time. I just find that the meta gets boring quickly, and that people are far too stuck on the current meta. When I first started playing you just did whatever, and kicked ass if you were good. Now there is all this bullshit with A must there, B there, C there, etc.. Dominion in LoL was pretty fun til a new stupid meta developed (tanky DPS). I just wish the developers would focus more on making it so that a specific meta was not so strongly encouraged, and that one would see more 2 or 3 player mids, and less static farming where your team bitches at you for leaving your lane.

You can make any hero work if you play it well. There is a basic meta (3 laners, 2 support) but other than that there isnt really a "meta" per say for pubs. If youre playing organized team games then yea, not every strat will work, but thats what you sign up for with organized dota.

I've been playing for a long time, and where I am people bitch and moan and will lose the game if you stray from the meta. 1 solo, 1 jungle, 1 support + 1 carry bot, and 1 mid. So you have people calling dibs and fighting over who gets to be what. If you don't have the right setup its auto-loss in their opinion. I don't like the inflexibility. It can be fun to make a new account to dick around, but then it messes with legitimate poor players. Also, I disagree that you can make any hero work. Especially if the enemy team has picked extra cheap heroes.

I've been playing for a long time, and where I am people bitch and moan and will lose the game if you stray from the meta. 1 solo, 1 jungle, 1 support + 1 carry bot, and 1 mid. So you have people calling dibs and fighting over who gets to be what. If you don't have the right setup its auto-loss in their opinion. I don't like the inflexibility. It can be fun to make a new account to dick around, but then it messes with legitimate poor players. Also, I disagree that you can make any hero work. Especially if the enemy team has picked extra cheap heroes.

Agree, except for 2 points

you dont NEED a jungler, 2 lane supports is fine if you play it right

All the heroes are good, some are better or easier to play than others, but none are truly bad.

I know you will call me noob for this but I tried dota but after one match I went straight back to lol.. to complicated for me, granted that I'm a noob at lol too