• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I trip on Diphenhydramine HCL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollin420girl

Bluelighter
I have a bottle of Diphenhydramine HCL 25mg. My question is: can I trip or get some kind of high from taking this? If so, how much would I have to take? I know it's not safe and the drug is sold as a sleep aid and not meant for this, but I kinda want to give it a try if it will get me high. So...will it? And how much would I have to take for it to do so....and to NOT overdose?

Short answer- yeah, it'll surely make you delirious but probably 90-95% of people who try this REALLY regret it.

---->BDD

dont be a dumbass (op)

but saying don't do it probably wont help; just don't take more then 300mg, cause you probably won't be able to handle anything above that, and would probably end up in the e.r.

Um, this is a forum full of people who take illegal and legal drugs for recreational purposes. I'd say we're all kind of dumbasses.

I say this in jest, I don't mean we're dumbasses, really. Just kinda defending myself after being called a dumbass haha, and saying that recreational drug use may not be the smartest thing. Not that that's gonna stop me from doing it!

Last edited:
It will not make you trip like you're thinking may. It's not fun. You just have to decide whether or not you're going to be able to take someone else's word for it.

If I woke up one day and someone said "Would you like to suffer the common cold today or 'trip' on diphenhydramine?" I would pick the common cold any day of the week.

I don't think taking a substance for recreational purposes makes one a dumbass.

Well, I mean, if people are saying don't do it, I'm not going to. But now I'm just wondering what it's like.

Thanks for the link, anarchogen.

If anyone has any experience with it, I'd love to hear your story, though...

Well, I mean, if people are saying don't do it, I'm not going to. But now I'm just wondering what it's like.

this is what a common diphenhydramine hallucination looks like

picture115b.jpg

I stupidly ate 200 mg because I couldn't sleep after tripping on some 2c-i. I did eventually go to sleep but when I woke up I felt like I weight 700 lbs. I barely knew where I was, who I was and what the heck I was doing. I would get up and just stand there so confused as to, well, everything. It took me forever to do anything and everything so so confusing. I finally made it to my computer and started posting here saying I was having a hard time. Someone talked to me till I started to come down. It was a very difficult experience.

That is just funny and about right

lol well if i had a i had gif. editor i could add slowing flowing noise texture and blend it in

i feel bad that i killed that spider so its been on my wall for months :(

rollin420girl just do some dxm if you need to do something legal/otc
dph isnt worth the side effects

Last edited:
well just so happens i did this ONCE.

24 Benadryls, little weed. I tripped. I saw the ceiling fan drip down onto the table, i heard voices, i sweat, vomited. Gravity is a BITCH on them...and swore to never take drugs again...

That was a long time ago though.

Eck, that doesn't sound enjoyable at all. That sounds like the high I sometimes get from a certain synthetic blend actually.

And that bug...ew!

Yeah, I took 30 just to try it and see what it was like. Gravity is the worst on it and i also kept on seeing millions of tiny little spiders crawling everywhere and whenever i put my hand down where they were, they would all move away from my hand, but would still be all around the table. I also started thinking that people were there that weren't really there and I wound up having a 30 minute conversation with my dog. There was no euphoria and it was easily the worst trip I have ever had.

Honey, just going on the fact that you call yourself rollin420girl, I highly doubt this is a drug your gonna enjoy. If you must get your stash from the pharmacy OTC, get some DXM.

I did have a cousin that loved em and i dont mind ONE to go to sleep. A couple are cool for having fun and fighting sleep...but when you take em head on get ready!

My experience started with seeing little dots in my peripheral vision. Then they turned into swirls and I just stared at them with an open mouth. I probably looked braindead from somebody else's perspective. '

I tried watching tv but it was not amusing in any way. Every character was dull and had a similar robotic feel. My body was heavy and it was kinda hard to breath at times. Then the spiders showed up. Millions of them on the wall. I read a lot of reports and expecting them probably did the trick. It wasn't scary or anything and I tried to touch em when they disappeared. A lot of objects just seem to turn into diff shapes, morphing. A lot of voices that I thought were real...mostly my name which was annoying because I thought it was my mom.

Ironically I could not sleep during the trip.

So I am sorry I cannot consider dyphen a real, recreational drug. Try even a below average dose and you will realize its not for you

just don't take more then 300mg, cause you probably won't be able to handle anything above that, and would probably end up in the e.r.

I never noticed much besides a shitty feeling until over 500 mgs. At around 700 mgs I kept thinking shit happened when it didn't, most of the time I was just sitting in my chair and like dreaming that I was doing stuff, I'm not sure how much of it I actually did. I couldn't have a real conversation because when I tried I'd just imagine myself having it and them responding, but nothing would ever happen.

Last edited:
I took 100mg once and had a pretty enjoyable experience, apart from the WORST dry mouth I've ever experienced.

I was sitting in my room at school, alone. I started talking to my roommate (it was unknown to me at the time that he was not actually my roommate, but a chair). We had a conversation (the chair talked back) for a good half an hour.

There wasn't really anything profound that came of it. The dry mouth was so nasty that I didn't ever repeat it. I'd give it a try. :p Start low your first time. Be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.