• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MAGIC MUSHROOMS - Best time/conditions to find?

BigTman

Greenlighter
Hey guys, new to the forum, hope someone can help. Went looking today in fields that have yielded lots over the years, but not a single mushroom was out, not even non-magic ones. From previous experience this is about the right time of year for them, so i'm guessing the conditions were not right. It's been very dry here for the time of year recently, mild and today was very sunny. Went looking about 11am.

My question is, what are the best conditions for our little trippy friends to grow?

Thanks in advance people :)

Sometimes they're there, but you just need to look closer. Particularly as they dry, they seem to hide better in the grass. Once I spot one, I usually crouch down and look at things from mushroom level and find more.

Does that make sense??

It does mate, yeah, but they 100% were not there today! Johnny Vodka from ibiza-spotlight forums??

Yeah, that's me, also to be found on U75 and Digital Fix. ; )

I spotted three growing the other day in a.. um... friend's garden, so they are about. I'm not an expert but a fall of rain or at least some moisture in the air should help bring them on.

I went out for a walk yesterday and spotted a few fly agaric shrooms.

Around here (gulf of mexico) the best time to go hunting is in late spring/early summer, or during the rainiest season afaik. Its ideal to hunt after rainfall as the fungi tend to pop up everywhere when they have plenty of water.

When I was growing them in a controlled setting I found that they colonize and fruit quicker in warmer temps (75-85 F)

I'm no expert, this is just what I've discovered from personal experience.

In my experience (in florida, north forida to be exact...) the best time to go looking for mushrooms is a day or two after it has rained heavily, once the ground is dry, but the air is still quite moist. I find durring full moons around 4 to 8 AM is the best time to hit the fields here... I dont know if the moonlight just helps to see them or if it actually is related to their fruition cycle....

there should be a small amount of dew on the grass, not a ton though.

again this is just my personal experience with p.cubensis in florida

Also the temp is usually a bit cooler than normal for summer , but by no means cold.

best times to find are at harvest (can be anytime of year, generally two months after you start growing), best conditions are inside in a controlled environment idyllic for growing mushrooms. Idk i know a lot of people mushroom hunt but I would never trust just eating random mushies, even if they were found and ID'ed by some one experienced. Considering the anxiety you get on the come up of a normal mushroom trip, I dont think I could handle not knowing for sure what I'm putting in my body.

moe: if they have been positively IDed, then you DO know for sure what you're putting in your body. The problems arise when people don't both to positively ID their shrooms before munching them.

At any rate... The best time of year varies by region depending on temperature and the types of shrooms that are common there, but the one constant is that you want to go out after it rains. Mushrooms begin to grow underground and they surface by absorbing moisture and expanding. If there's not enough moisture to absorb, they won't surface.