• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread: Second Dose

I have been sent a large free sample of this drug in white powdery/small crystals variety.

I done some research on this and found that mdai is supposed to test dark red with marquis.

Then I see a video on a vendors site and it turns black.

My sample turns yellow/light brown.

My sample comes from a lab not a vendor complete with spec sheet.

But which one is real? The lab is very very well respected and produces the nmr`s for most of the uk vendors but why is mine yellow with marquis?

I havent tried it yet.

Anyone else tested their white crystal mdai and had it turn yellow/brown and can give postive reports on it?

This is what TheAzo had to say in another thread

Pure MDAI DOES NOT look like a typical MDxx on marquis. In fact, even dirty MDAI doesnt.

Mandellin turns brown, and and Marquis is brown if it's impure, and clear if it's pure. The ones in my test result thread don't include any actual clean MDAI - i just recently got some, and havn't gotten around to posting the results.

I would like to add to this post to say I've found a vendor who is actually supplying real mdai, i've been screwed that many times, and to be honest, didnt expect much from this batch, think I eyeballed (yes I know) around 100-125mg and snorted, I had the white stuff not brown, and dam its hit me like a steam train, it feels like the MCat feeling that I used to get in my chest and stomach, real euphoria.

I genuinely am shocked! But am over the moon that MDAI turns out to be real after a number of let downs!

I've had to take a K-Pin to relax it a little bit.

Definately feel more in control than with 4MMC but I'm glad I didnt have anymore lets put it that way. It doesn't feel like there is naphyrone in it, which would be the usual these days, as that did nothing but keep me awake for 3 very long days.

I'm genuinely impressed with this stuff now!!! :) Big Grins!

Sounds kinda like the complete opposite of MDAI, to be honest. MDAI is the anti-meph - couldn't be more different if it tried. The MDMA comparison may be unoriginal but it really did feel rather a lot like MDMA on Mogadon to me - massively loved up and mightily mellow and dreamy. I've only had the tan batch that was around a few months back which was known to be reasonably pure and came as a freebase.

Well its levelling off now, I disagree, I never said it was stimulating as such, but the euphoria and spaceyness was somewhat of a shock considering my experience with previous batches.

I personally think this is just pure MDAI. It has the lovey euphoria effects of MDMA but I'm still yawning etc so no stim effects, I think its the real deal very clean white powder, any thoughts??

I'd describe the look of the stuff in the pic as tan and pretty much what the best MDAI I had looked like.

Well its levelling off now, I disagree, I never said it was stimulating as such, but the euphoria and spaceyness was somewhat of a shock considering my experience with previous batches.

I personally think this is just pure MDAI. It has the lovey euphoria effects of MDMA but I'm still yawning etc so no stim effects, I think its the real deal very clean white powder, any thoughts??

Nobody can say what you have cos we don't have it. Would be the first legit white MDAI I know of - maybe you got lucky, maybe you didn't but at least got a decent chem instead of the usual shite.

ajg1988 said:
I've had to take a K-Pin to relax it a little bit.

Does sound somewhat stimmy to me and is possibly why it's levelling off now?

I found MDAI to be motivating if not quite stimmy (though I did have with vodka + red bull with it). Certainly made me want to go out for a late night walk + also chat to people online rather than sit on the sofa.

My monitor or eyes may also be failing me, but I would definitely call that colour tan. In fact, that looks just like the (tan) batch I was thinking of that was known to be (mostly) pure that turned Marquis red. I imagine the purest possible MDAI would be white but so far every white batch I know of has not been MDAI at all (or has been heavily cut with whatever unsold cathinone the vendor had too much of) so people are naturally dubious of brilliant white batches at the moment. There have been much darker brown batches which were known to be MDAI but very impure. They really were a dark, chocolatey brown though. They also turned Marquis a reddish colour (eventually) I think. Bunk batches (and so far they have do all seem to be the white ones) have generally turned Marquis yellow or no change from memory.

I see tan moving towards brown in that picture, and it is nearly identical to the material that I saw in real life.

Must be something wrong with my eyes then... I see ZERO yellowish or brownish tones in the clumpy powder in the spoon.

Look... compare the powder to the lightest of the tones in the table top to the right... those are definitely TAN.

Now compare it to the puire-whitelight source highlight in the upper right portion of the spoon.

It looks WAY WAY WAY closer to the pure white highlight than to the tan in the tabletop to me.

I think theres some kind of optical illusion like effect of nearby colors going on here.

NOTE: when I tilt my LCD back so that it does that viewing-at-an-angle dimming thing they do, I will admit it takes on a tan cast. Hmmm... perhaps thats a clue and if the color was really a grey it would just look grey with a tilted screen... when viewed at full brightness via straight-on viewing, it looks purely grey to me... so maybe it is a combination of my monitor and my aging eyesight.

When I have time I'm going to use a paint program and actually sample the color of the pixels in the powder to see if it is closer to grey than any any color (i.e., R/G/B close be equal). And perhaps cut out only the well-lit left half of the powder and put it all alone in the middle of a BIG patch of white and also black and then see what it looks like.

This is driving me nuts! Sorry!

Another adjective I'd use to describe the good stuff is 'sandy' - sandy/tan I think gets you within the right ballpark, but deffo not white or cocoa powder brown!

Must be something wrong with my eyes then... I see ZERO yellowish or brownish tones in the clumpy powder in the spoon.

Look... compare the powder to the lightest of the tones in the table top to the right... those are definitely TAN.

Now compare it to the puire-whitelight source highlight in the upper right portion of the spoon.

It looks WAY WAY WAY closer to the pure white highlight than to the tan in the tabletop to me.

I think theres some kind of optical illusion like effect of nearby colors going on here.

NOTE: when I tilt my LCD back so that it does that viewing-at-an-angle dimming thing they do, I will admit it takes on a tan cast. Hmmm... perhaps thats a clue and if the color was really a grey it would just look grey with a tilted screen... when viewed at full brightness via straight-on viewing, it looks purely grey to me... so maybe it is a combination of my monitor and my aging eyesight.

When I have time I'm going to use a paint program and actually sample the color of the pixels in the powder to see if it is closer to grey than any any color (i.e., R/G/B close be equal). And perhaps cut out only the well-lit left half of the powder and put it all alone in the middle of a BIG patch of white and also black and then see what it looks like.

This is driving me nuts! Sorry!

Did you just discover that you are color blind perhaps? I have 2 different computers here in front of me and the picture is the same to me in both, tan bordering on brownish/mocha on the dark side of the spoon.

(hah! great new album title: Dark Side of the Spoon)

^ Not so new know but still a good album - Dark Side of the Spoon :)

When I have time I'm going to use a paint program and actually sample the color of the pixels in the powder to see if it is closer to grey than any any color (i.e., R/G/B close be equal).

Just did - it's tan and this is possibly getting off-topic ;)

PS: I really did check and it really is tan/tawny/mousy/taupe/beige/buff/ecru/fawn/khaki/castaneous/glandaceous/aithochrous/fuscous /fulvous... even sandy. But not grey :p;)<3

Agreed, that power is tan almost brown.

Anyhoo - I have some white MDAI on the way from a vendor with good reviews, and they swear to me up and down their product is MDAI and that they have had it tested and confirmed.

I've never had it before but I've every thread on bluelight about it so I have a good idea what the effects should be.

When a bluelighter cleaned their brown MDAI with a heptane wash they got white crystals, and the supplier of the tan MDAI only claims 92.5% pure, so I'm sure pure MDAI more then likely is white

I think most of the white powder sold as MDAI probaly isn't -- but if you get lucky you can probaly find the real deal

I think I have about a 60/40 chance of getting bullshit/real white MDAI

Ok Ok I give... never had any indication I am color blind... the monitor tilting experiment has me thinking its a screen color/brightness adjustment issue on my end that I've become adapted to... and I've not looked at it on any other monitor, so....

I hereby dissolve my obsessive compulsiveness on the topic... thanks to Shambles for putting up with me for so long! Well at least it's been somewhat entertaining. No it Hasnt! Yes it has!

"Dark Side of the Spoon" LOL! brilliant!

Thanks to everyone for confirming i`m not colour blind.......

so to get back to my question he he....

i`d love to hear from anyone doing a marquis test on the white (or slightly off white) stuff to see if their`s turns yellow/light brown

I was given this info by someone of this forum who has done alot of experimenting with MDAI rainey

The brown stuff is highly impure. MDAI should be white and crystaline. It should have no smell, or if it has any smell, a slight sassafras smell (strong in the case of the crappy batches). If it smells like 'drone, it's 'drone, not MDAI.

There are a lot of different batches of widely varying quality going around:

Some of the stuff (the infamous "dogshit" brown freebase), after purification, yielded:
~45% brown powdery solid, totally inactive
~55% white material, which could be futher resolved into two approximately equal fractions, one of which was totally inactive.

The tan stuff, that was a light tan with specks of darker brown stuff in it, was probably ~5% inactive brown stuff, but the rest of it was just as impure as the white fraction from dogshit batch.

There is also a batch of light-tan stuff, which is nearly as good as the white crystaline stuff (my guess would be that they've removed most of the white contaminant, and the tan color is just from trace quantities of the dark brown impurity).

MDAI should not turn marquis any color at all, but even the slightest traces of the colorless impurity will produce a strong brown result. So marquis isn't very useful for assessing MDAI.

So... verifies presumption that brown does NOT = goodness in pretty much any pile of what is supposed to be a single pure molecule (except perhaps in a very small number of unusual substances). Active MDAI samples out there so far being brown just means mostly only crappy stuff has been available, unfortunately.

I was given this info by someone of this forum who has done alot of experimenting with MDAI rainey

Quote:
The brown stuff is highly impure. MDAI should be white and crystaline. It should have no smell, or if it has any smell, a slight sassafras smell (strong in the case of the crappy batches). If it smells like 'drone, it's 'drone, not MDAI.

There are a lot of different batches of widely varying quality going around:

Some of the stuff (the infamous "dogshit" brown freebase), after purification, yielded:
~45% brown powdery solid, totally inactive
~55% white material, which could be futher resolved into two approximately equal fractions, one of which was totally inactive.

The tan stuff, that was a light tan with specks of darker brown stuff in it, was probably ~5% inactive brown stuff, but the rest of it was just as impure as the white fraction from dogshit batch.

There is also a batch of light-tan stuff, which is nearly as good as the white crystaline stuff (my guess would be that they've removed most of the white contaminant, and the tan color is just from trace quantities of the dark brown impurity).

MDAI should not turn marquis any color at all, but even the slightest traces of the colorless impurity will produce a strong brown result. So marquis isn't very useful for assessing MDAI.

Thanks, you've pretty much answered my post/question that I ended up deleting the other day - asking about impurities or even the fact the MDAI having a brown colour to start with perhaps skewed some of the Marphis results in the past, resulting in a browny/red colour showing (it would make a lot of sense especially if the person you quoted is correct in stating it should be clear/no change) . Still I'd like to hear more on this to be certain, I might order this new powder as I'm pretty eager to give it a go, never tried any of the other crap due to not wanting to screw with my body, don't enjoy much stimulation either so it should be interesting.