View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have previously used shrooms, acid, 2ci and salvia with no negative reactions. I have taken 4 aco dmt 5 or 6 times prior, all at higher doses, with no adverse reactions. I do not use stimulants (aside from rare use of caffeine).

Saturday night I did take MDA for the first time, around 250 mg over the course of the night.

Ok man, you should be fine, I wouldn't worry about epilepsy or anything like that. I would conclude that it was the unique combo of 4-aco-dmt (which turns down the filter for incoming sensory info) mixed with what sounds like an awesome but loud, visually and auditory, show.

I've personally never seized on anything except GHB (figures... a downer would do it for me). It was nerve wracking when I came out of it, because I remember part of it, my head going up and down and this horrible empty repeating mindspace that just sucked and felt like a bug that'd been sprayed with insecticide. My head and neck were really sore. Never happened again.

I avoid trip drugs while at shows, especially after an incident with 4-ho-mipt at a big outdoor festival. I started to get severe sensory overload and some of the "fear" so I went and hid in my car. Sensory overload type feelings can even happen without any external stimuli, amazingly. Fun memories but not so fun at the time, when I'm too consumed with confusion to enjoy the visuals and the hallucinated music.

OK I just have to ask this: Has anyone else ever hallucinated music on a 4-tryptamine? I wish I could remember it; sounded dark and alien but so real and intricate.

So far I've been very unimpressed with 4-aco-dmt visually and auditory... someone please give me hope.

Ok man, you should be fine, I wouldn't worry about epilepsy or anything like that. I would conclude that it was the unique combo of 4-aco-dmt (which turns down the filter for incoming sensory info) mixed with what sounds like an awesome but loud, visually and auditory, show.

Good, that is pretty much what I was thinking I just wanted someone else to confirm.

OK I just have to ask this: Has anyone else ever hallucinated music on a 4-tryptamine? I wish I could remember it; sounded dark and alien but so real and intricate.

So far I've been very unimpressed with 4-aco-dmt visually and auditory... someone please give me hope.

I find 4 aco dmt incredibly visual, especially on doses over 50 mg and when coming out of a seizure (most beautiful fractaling mandalas I've ever seen). I've never hallucinated music but I have had synesthesia; I've seen music in a dark room while on around 25 mg.

WOW

It likes Cannabis edibles...

That was intense! And off only 10 mg!!

Artwork is the result

I...

I'm speechless...

the time dilation was extreme at the peak...its been 4 hours now...but wow!

The come-up was anxious...Shivery and Cold...

The waves crashed hard...mental turmoil of the borderline-psychotic variety

The Pencil moved like never before...

and it left, the tide receding...ever ebbing...

Last edited:
Vendor talk not allowed i know but i do want to state that my trips have all been from this vendor that is supposedly 30% weaker. I don't know how true that is, they have an NMR listed, and if it was impure different lines would be showing up (i know how to read these).

I just want to say that yes they may include an NMR, but that's no guarantee that it is for the specific batch you have or how recent the NMR was taken since the product was synthed and purified.
I been planning to take an NMR of mine (i know how to take these hehe), just haven't gotten round to it yet.

I've actually been wanting to do a degradation experiment of sorts, just taking an NMR every week or two with the AcO sitting in dark at room temp to see if there's any noticeable change over short periods.

last night I was at the Phish show in Amherst, I ate 15 mg of 4 aco dmt right before going through security. The trip was going beautifully until, during Divided Sky, I felt extremely light headed and dizzy. I sat down and tried to drink some water, but the next thing I knew I was on the floor with an EMT in my face telling me I just had a seizure. I was extremely disoriented and could barely move, the EMTs basically carried me down the stairs. But once I got out into the brightly lit hallway I regained my sense (well, as much as I could regain while tripping). I got back into the show after they took my blood pressure and listened to my heart and breathing. My energy was completely gone though, I sat for the rest of the show.

How concerned should I be? should I avoid tripping at shows with strobe lights/trippy light shows? avoid aco dmt entirely?

I have previously used shrooms, acid, 2ci and salvia with no negative reactions. I have taken 4 aco dmt 5 or 6 times prior, all at higher doses, with no adverse reactions. I do not use stimulants (aside from rare use of caffeine).

Saturday night I did take MDA for the first time, around 250 mg over the course of the night.

Sorry to hear about that man. I know a number of PEA psychedelics lower seizure threshold, & so i suppose its possible the MDA did play a role, as thats a pretty large dose. Knew there was a lot of MDA on that scene this fall, had a bunch of friends take it a couple weeks ago, didn't indulge myself though, as I was on ~40mg 4-AcO-DMT one night & a 2C-D & M1 combo the next. None of them had any problems, but YMMV as always.

If I were to venture a guess, and I'm no doctor, I'd say that the MDA either lowered your seizure threshold and/or your body & brain were a bit worn out & nutrient starved from a high dose psychedelic amphetamine experience & the badassness of Divided Sky & the sick light show shook something loose in the ol' noggin ;). Flashing lights have been known to cause or elicit seizures, so the drugs could be unrelated, but I kinda doubt they had nothing to do with it, if you did indeed have a seizure.

Did the people around you see you seize or did you just fall & everyone assumed you had a seizure? You could've just passed out from things like dehydration etc, especially after taking a quarter gram of MDA the night before, and the otherwise general drain on your body & mind from going to a few shows.

Funny random sidenote, I took my girlfriend, who was psychedelic naive & unfamiliar with that genre of music until we started dating, to a show not that long ago and in regards to the light show she asked if people have seizures from them very often.

4 aco dmt will lower the seizure threshold.

I have a friend that avoids mushrooms because they have caused seizures in him several times.
i think this is a similar case

(and the sick light show ;))

Did the people around you see you seize or did you just fall & everyone assumed you had a seizure? You could've just passed out from things like dehydration etc, especially after taking a quarter gram of MDA the night before, and the otherwise general drain on your body & mind from going to a few shows.

A friend who was in the row in front of me had EMT training and was by my side while it happened. There is no doubt it was a seizure.

I've taken 30mg yesterday as first "initial" dose for this substance. My initial dose means something equal to 5g of dried ps. cubensis. Did it's job although it was quite unpleasant because of my physical feelings. They were no unpleasant by the character, just the intensity was a lot ahead. I met the death and was confronted with it a lot, although I know it and normaly don't have problems diying. Now I know why, my dog died this morning :'(
between T+45 and t+120 I was not able to communicate or even realize what is outside reality. That's a pitty that the body feelings were like a childbirth and I didn't have time to explore the thoughts and realities properly. Then taken 170mg of M1 and it came in an hour and crossed the end of 4-aco without any significant synergy, just the state changed from first to second. That state of my experience was physically in plus zone.
I think the dose was enought to see some of the effects and next time, it will very likely be taken with some other stuff or maybe alone in range 35-45mg.

Last edited:
How much 4 aco dmt is like 5 grams of mushrooms

I had a wonderful experience with 5 grams of mushrooms awhile ago and i wanted to be at that level once again how much 4 aco dmt would you recommend taking to achieve such a high? I consider myself to have a real high tolerance to drugs.

read the 4-aco-dmt thread maybe? i've heard people compare 25mg of 4-aco-dmt to about 3.5g of mushrooms, so perhaps 35-40mg would be what you're looking for.

of course, some people consider 4-aco-dmt to be completely non-comparable to mushrooms, and they sya it has a different timline of effects and a radically different dose-response curve. everyone's metabolism is different, and 4-aco-dmt is definitely a different drug than mushrooms itself. so be careful and be sure to test yourself for strange sensitivities.

hey guys refugee from another forum here!
planning on ordering some freshly synthesized batches of 4-AcO-DMT, 2C-E, 2C-I.
Cannot wait to get exploring.

This will be my first online RC purchase and I am somewhat nervous about the transaction and "Analogue Act". the vendor ships within my country but their is always the question of legitimacy.
through our email conversations I am fairly confident, but I am open to any advice or pms!

I would say between 30-35. Ive taken 25 mgs and it was inbetween an eigth and 5 grams. The visuals were very geometric like mushrooms. The mind state was very similar to mushrooms without the cloudy mind fuck and the upset stomach.

I can see taking up to 50 mgs of this substance and still being to some what hold my own. The chemical is so light on your body and mind but produces really beautiful visuals. Its one of my favorite psychedelics to date.

I find 4-AcO-DMT much smoother, the comparison is a hard one... but I was thinking over 30 indeed, even before opening the thread.
Feels more like N,N-DMT to me though or perhaps something in between that and mushrooms.

Is there a visual threshold for this stuff?

Only did this 3 times so far, the last time being, like 22mg I think. honestly i forget the exact doses but it was 15, 18 and 22 approx. I enjoyed the mental effects and some of the CEV, which weren't quite CEV, at times more like just active altered imagination. Open eye visual I found it to be VERY lacking.

Taking 16mg of 2ci was much more visual for me and my tripping partner.

I got some anxiety on the comeup of 4aco, and it kind of made me hesitant to go higher. I realize this is probably just comeup related issues and would go away before peak but it has made me nervous about going much higher.

I'm wondering if there is a point where visuals get much better. Like a dose which once one goes past, the visual effects increase exponentially. Of course the dose won't be the same for everyone, but wondering if its like this, or just a slow linear increase.

Some reports I've read describe great visuals. I sure haven't had them. Depth of music and psychedelic thinking has made up for this, so I'm not disappointed in it overall, but would really like to see some decent visuals, like even just 15mg of 4-ho-mipt can produce amazing ones for me.

Maybe I'll try 4-ho-met for visuals... this stuff has been quite lacking for the amount of comeup anxiety I get.

I've taken 30mg yesterday as first "initial" dose for this substance. My initial dose means something equal to 5g of dried ps. cubensis. Did it's job although it was quite unpleasant because of my physical feelings. They were no unpleasant by the character, just the intensity was a lot ahead. I met the death and was confronted with it a lot, although I know it and normaly don't have problems diying. Now I know why, my dog died this morning :'(
between T+45 and t+120 I was not able to communicate or even realize what is outside reality. That's a pitty that the body feelings were like a childbirth and I didn't have time to explore the thoughts and realities properly. Then taken 170mg of M1 and it came in an hour and crossed the end of 4-aco without any significant synergy, just the state changed from first to second. That state of my experience was physically in plus zone.
I think the dose was enought to see some of the effects and next time, it will very likely be taken with some other stuff or maybe alone in range 35-45mg.

Sorry about your dog man. My dog is my best friend... I can't imagine tripping soon after losing her. In fact I have been wanting to trip more with her while shes still around. She always acts so interested and funny when I'm tripping.

I hope you can get a new dog or pet. That has been the only thing that ever helped me.

Sorry about your dog man. My dog is my best friend... I can't imagine tripping soon after losing her. In fact I have been wanting to trip more with her while shes still around. She always acts so interested and funny when I'm tripping.

I hope you can get a new dog or pet. That has been the only thing that ever helped me.

It is not easy to lose such friend, but it is inevitable, she was 13.
In fact I was never on any psychedelic with her, so can't say how that would be. I only did E just with her and that was awesome, she was connected to any of my thought and feeling and I suspected she ate some as well :D

that really breaks my heart man. my dog is 11... can't imagine that in a very finite amount of time, my true buddy will be gone.

our memories will keep them alive in us.

i hope it gets more visual than what i had at 20mg... but if not i'll still take it for the mental tryppiness.

its a fine balance i have to find, anxiety level and what i can mentally handle (expecting to go somewhat out of comfort zone but not into insanity) vs visuals, concept obliteration and other cool ego softening effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.