View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear in mind same article says 'It is thought to be a form of neuro-epileptiform activity'. Whether there's evidence for this, and whether increased dosage could lead to full-on seizures, I've no idea. But I wouldn't assume this symptom is necessarily wholly benign.

That's true.

Been looking around though. Doesn't seem to be more then some
air pressure building up in the middle air.
Seems to be a lot of people who experience "ear popping", light headed, ringing in ears and pressure buildups.

Will report back how the next trial goes...

Has anyone gone over 50 mgs of this substance? Ive ingested 25, and it was a pretty cool trip, but with the light body load i could see this being a 50mg substance would possible create some hyper-space like visuals.

With this substance being almost completely non-neurotoxic, i dont seeing this posing a problem. I love my tryptamines =)

ok, trying to answer some questions:

So Johannes, how did it compare to oral? I asked a similar question on the TR you wrote but it would be good to discuss here. I am specifically wondering about:

Dosage difference (some have previously stated about 50% increase in potency)

all I can say is that is was much stronger than 20 oral. it would be pure speculation to quantify...(intuition: equivalent to 30+ oral)

GI distress (I didn't have much on oral, but wonder if it would effect colon)

I had some but am not sure if it was because of the drug. it was nor really bothering me anyways. the sedation was bothering me more - but both of it is not worth mentioning regarding the richness of the experience.

Onset and Duration (from what I've read, seems to come on quicker, but is it shorter in duration?)

onset/comeup was much quicker and more comfortable just because of that. but feels the same like oral, which is pretty bad. actually it's not that bad if you know what you can expect and how long it will take.
shorter? no idea really....with the experience slipping into a philosophical state I'm still not 100% out yet... ( :) )
but main effects are probably shorter, yes.

Experience: I've read its more similar to smoked DMT than mushrooms or oral 4-aco-dmt.

as I wrote: I suspect higher doses to send you into hyperspace.

It was a good trip report. I'm considering starting out by trying 15mg plugged (dissolved in warm water in syringe) but based on responses may alter this dose.

if you're experienced I can't see dangers in a dose similar or higher than the one I took (23mg). (if you're physically healthy, mentally well prepared and know how to carry yourself through the comeup)
maybe it was my idiosyncratic response but this material sent me into a place completely void of any harm or danger.

btw: this trip still affects me and it has a slight feeling of 'some perspectives have been changed for good'. it was truly mind-expanding.
the way 4-aco-dmt works is extremely diverse, subtle in a unique way and - as I feel - always unexpected. the stuff never gives you what you want (rather what you need 8) ), you cannot calculate it.

note that my account is based on 3 small- and 2 full-dose experiences, which is actually nothing.
one of those experiences was a combo of a full dose 2c-i and 6mg psilacetin and it was seriously good. I already said that in the TR but I think of combining something like 10mg 2c-i and 25mg 4-aco, rectally administered at the same time. I guess this would be really ecstatic and visionary at the same time.
I'm a bit afraid that the 2c-i-confusion/mindfuck might dilute the mental psilacetin state but it's probably worth it...
I'd allow myself some preparation for this though. ;)

I'm about +3hr after taking 17mg, feelin good.. is redosing a possibility at this point? i also have some 2ce and was wondering how a small bit would mix with this... anyone have any experience there?

although this reply comes at +4 for you i guess redosing is still quite possible, to extend the duration without increasing intensity.

i haven't mixed it with 2c-e myself but i have read some people say that it goes well, others say it's not spectacular. good luck whatever you pick :)

2C-E will add its body load but I've heard if you take a benedryl with it, it prevents the body load...

Has anyone gone over 50 mgs of this substance? Ive ingested 25, and it was a pretty cool trip, but with the light body load i could see this being a 50mg substance would possible create some hyper-space like visuals.

With this substance being almost completely non-neurotoxic, i dont seeing this posing a problem. I love my tryptamines =)

yup, I have and I'm sure others have as well. at around 75 mg the visuals become unbearably intense (I was insanely dizzy, barely able to walk, talking took immense effort). but from 50-70 mg it's amazing, I would advise that you remain indoors or at least in a very safe outdoor location.

If its a stateside vendor with what looks like blood or slime in their logo, their AcO is at least 30% less potent than other vendors... I would avoid.

i know which vendor you are talking about. how did you come about this information? did you run some non-bioassay tests? or was it bioassay/experience? is there any way besides coloration to determine this sort of thing?

thanks man. just curious. i had used these guys in the past and never got around to ordering 4-aco because i found others with better prices. but i did try their "other product" and while my friends and i found it to be extremely fun, it did require around 30mgs (sometimes more) each to get what most people here, and around the internet achieve with 20mgs.

also a little curious because out of all the vendors i know/use this one actually struck me as the most legit. oh well shows you how much i know. dont wanna sound like im trying to discredit you, i have no care for the matter, im just an interested guy who likes to learn any he can about the world around him, regardless how trivial. ;)

not trying to start vendor talk...just curious about this information. hopefully i didnt break any rules with this post, also dont wanna change topic ;) but it wont let me PM you cause im not a bluelighter yet. :X

peace
-sack

Last edited:
I've had personal experience with it and I've heard of others talking about it as well. General consensus is that they have degraded product and their 2C-I is not so good either - most likely not fully synthed.

very interesting! by not fully synthed you mean they stopped a step or two back in the synth process? or not all of the product was successfully synthed and theres a bunch of impurities? thanks.

i would have to agree. their 2ci wasnt as potent as i expected it to be, and also when compared side by side to another vendors product, is much "fluffier" meaning 1 gram from my new vendor looks like 1.4 from the above mentioned.

edit: i also felt a very strange body load (most during the come-up) on their mentioned 2ci that felt very similar to ketamine...

i guess ill steer clear regardless, thanks.

back to the topic at hand...
-sack

Last edited:
unreacted precursors... probably went with a crap lab that was lower cost since this is a new vendor.

In any case, I am out of AcO-DMT but have a gram coming if it ever makes it past "destination country is preparing shipment" status... but I haven't really enjoyed it. Its very anxiogenic... I'm wondering if now that I'm on valium instead of klonopin if that part will be reduced. It was somewhat enjoyable otherwise just anxious throughout.

In any case, I am out of AcO-DMT but have a gram coming if it ever makes it past "destination country is preparing shipment" status... but I haven't really enjoyed it. Its very anxiogenic... I'm wondering if now that I'm on valium instead of klonopin if that part will be reduced. It was somewhat enjoyable otherwise just anxious throughout.

i read somewhere that out of all the benzos, klonopin has the highest 5-HT turnover. also from what i read (Which I will attempt to find the articles) klonopin is the benzo that will most "kill your trip". it wont kill you trip, but it will lessen the psychedelia more than other benzos. it also helps a lot with teeth-grinding.

that vendor actually has a more pure batch of 4acodmt now
I ordered their 2ci and it does seem a bit impure considering it takes me like 15-30 mins just to get it to completely dissolve into distilled water

I'm speculating that the batch I have is actually quite potent compared to other ones, that it may have less to do with personal chemistry and that maybe theirs degraded or I just have an awesome batch! I took 6mg and was feeling it, mild flowing closed eye visuals, change in energy levels, then I took another 6 mg and I was... tripping! very different progression than mushrooms but dose comparative I would say equal to about 2.5-3 full grams of mushrooms spaced out. either that or i'm just generally sensitive to psychedellics, or I abstained for long enough. doing another much larger trial next weekend, i'm curious to see if tolerance will be apparent even when I up the dose!

Is this a new batch? There was a really good batch in the summer! It seems people react completely differently to this one. Some people get intense trips from low amounts, other friends that have tried it are noting nothing spectacular with 20 mg.

Anyone else noticed wide variation in effects from person to person?

unreacted precursors... probably went with a crap lab that was lower cost since this is a new vendor.

In any case, I am out of AcO-DMT but have a gram coming if it ever makes it past "destination country is preparing shipment" status

I think that means the vendor used the shipper's web site to create a "shipping order", so they could give you a tracking number to get you to quit asking/bitching. But are then dragging their feet actually preparing your order and notifying the shipper "OK come by and pick it up now."

Sort of a delay/"bait and switch" tactic. They might have claimed to have stock but have been fibbing in order to get orders. Then eventually after collecting enough order payments to actually purchase their bulk supply from their supplier, they will order it and finally, one of these days, if and when they receive their stock they will hopefully send it to you. A rather common, but in my opinion, borderline unethical behavior. They do this because they are dishonest fuckheads who are unwilling to be proper business people and risk their own funds on an upfront stock supply, and use your payment as an extended loan to fund their operations, the dirtbags. They should properly identify this as a "Pre Order" and give you a price break.

If you know of any sites where you can post about vendor's performance and whether they are safe or a scam, you ought to report on such deceitful practices.

Vendor talk not allowed i know but i do want to state that my trips have all been from this vendor that is supposedly 30% weaker. I don't know how true that is, they have an NMR listed, and if it was impure different lines would be showing up (i know how to read these).

Its pretty anxiogenic to me too, on comeup only though. Well at least I have something to look forward to since they restocked with white stuff, maybe its better. Maybe for once I'll have a visual trip that is like 4-ho-mipt (my favorite).

I believe it was 95+%. IMO. I actually hope I'm wrong though.

Okay. Mixed 20mg with 10mg of HO-MET. ABSOLUTELY HEAVEN! Even relieved the anxiety I had coming down from M1!

last night I was at the Phish show in Amherst, I ate 15 mg of 4 aco dmt right before going through security. The trip was going beautifully until, during Divided Sky, I felt extremely light headed and dizzy. I sat down and tried to drink some water, but the next thing I knew I was on the floor with an EMT in my face telling me I just had a seizure. I was extremely disoriented and could barely move, the EMTs basically carried me down the stairs. But once I got out into the brightly lit hallway I regained my sense (well, as much as I could regain while tripping). I got back into the show after they took my blood pressure and listened to my heart and breathing. My energy was completely gone though, I sat for the rest of the show.

How concerned should I be? should I avoid tripping at shows with strobe lights/trippy light shows? avoid aco dmt entirely?

Wow, sorry about your bad reaction. Was this your first trip on this substance? What is your psychedelic history/ any other drugs like stimulants? I'd assume a stimulant would be more likely to lower seizure threshold, so if you are fine with them, this may have been a fluke caused by the combo of tripping while receiving lots of sensory input. if you ever have that dizzy feeling again, lay down (even if its on the ground if you have to)... seizures aren't serious usually, and its more concerning that you might cause trauma to yourself while seizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.