View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this compound... psilocybin mushrooms don't give me nausea but they do make me squirmy and generally uncomfortable for several hours as it comes to change my state of mind. But 4-AcO-DMT just comes on softer than any psychedellic it's amazing I took 2 doses of 6mg spaced 45 minutes apart and just had the easiest pocket sized trip i've ever had.

The trips quality is similar to and reminiscent of my LSD and mushroom trips, it just feels like its the same territory and I find it specifically comforting and tend to always forget that this mindspace of form shattering visuals and comfort in patterns and sentiment for the specific feeling that these substances give one are why I trip and find myself apprehensive about taking my psychedellics every time anew for days leading up to me taking them and ....wow it's the aesthetic of these substances they all feel very similar in character to one another.

i'm very glad and feel lucky to be able to be experimenting with this substance, especially because of my curiosity with DMT and to the people who say that 4-AcO-DMT is similar in character to DMT maybe even more so than to mushrooms. I believe the differences I sense may be feelings and trip-similarities to DMT, with 4-AcO-DMT it seemed to kick in quite slowly and sedating then ramp up in intensity to a full trip suddenly, I was worrying about and kind of had the sensation of "psychedellic blueballs" then at an instant I was much higher, felt a "zang" come over my entire being... I think it was induced by marijuana actually...

I love it love it love it, there is a much easier time managing my ego and the possibility of interacting than with other tryptamines while also still allowing a depth that i'm looking for, and the sedative properties are a nice change. I like to sit in trance and just take it all in, finally a substance that doesnt cause me to squirm the whole time

I still have 37 mg of 4-AcO-DMT and i'm going to my cabin for the weekend... I know what i'm going to do! just not how im going to do it... this substance is very potent to what i'm concerned as I swear I felt the first 6mg capsule coming on before I had eaten the second, i'm planning on maybe doing the same strategy next weekend but with double the dose if I feel comfortable so breaking up a 25 mg capsule into 2 even doses , taking one waiting for it to kick in then deciding to take the other, I may go for the all night trip strategy and take my second dose 3+ hours into the trip. has anyone else had experience with redosing? I find that if I eat more mushrooms I tend to get higher but my brain just feels worn out to where it just doesnt keep the deep flowing revelations period going for ever and can just give way to duller more sensory tripping.

erp...i cant wait! much better environment out at my cabin so i feel much more in my element as well, I plan to leave a big mystical trip report for my next adventure

I posted this in another forum with no answer so maybe better luck here:

Had another 4-aco-dmt experience yesterday.
This time with 27mg so up 2mg from my previous session.
However, I still had some tolerance (I presume) from 1 week ago because the trip
was a lot weaker.
Not much colors at all and not so hectic.
Had some wonderful snakelike 3d patterns floating around me.
will wait at least 2 weeks until next try with 30mg.

(this was posted after)
I forgot to mention in my previous post something scary that happened.
I was in my bathroom when there was a ringing in my ear(maybe ears, cant remember), it felt
like I had gotten a "lid" on my ear (like when you ride an airplane) and then there was
a loud popping sound near my temple.
It scared the shit out of me, thought I broke a vein in my brain or something.
Do anyone know what could have happened?
Anyone else experienced something similar?

Sounds a bit like either a brain-zap (which I've not had on 4-AcO-DMT, but have had on 2C-E), or a closed ear audial effect, which I have had on 4-AcO-DMT. Then again, the sense of air-pressure (like on planes) doesn't sound familiar from either; so I'm not sure.

There was definitely some pressure and not just an audioeffect.
How would you describe a brain-zap?

18mg:

First hour and a half was identical to mushrooms except the comfort level was much, much higher for me. Yawning alot, slow and watery CEVs that I couldn't quite focus on.. hard to describe. They were there but they weren't. Also, body temperature dropped pretty low (also normal for me with mushrooms).

After coming up all the way, I just sat listening to some music. Music was extremely enjoyable. After warming up I found myself with a lot of energy; almost amphetamine like (was it cut? I don't know). Energy/Motivation to move on mushrooms is pretty much nonexistant for me. I found myself washing dishes at a ferocious rate on this.

By the third hour my body temperature was up, I was stripped down to my skivvies (I was really active), and I got hungry. No problems eating--had almost a full meal.

The effects were noticted until the 4th or 5th hour. Sleeping was hard until about the 6th or 7th hour.

Looking forward to higher doses. Will probably be trying 20-24mg next round.

There was definitely some pressure and not just an audioeffect.
How would you describe a brain-zap?
Kind of like I imagine an electric shock to the brain might feel, but with an accompanying loud sound. Generally I have found them to be accompanied by a degree of fear. I sort of feel that they might be a bit like a mini-seizure, but I'm just guessing, not ever having knowingly had a seizure of any sort.

They're more commonly reported in relation to discontinuation of SSRIs, I believe (see wikipedia article below), but I'm not alone in reporting them on psychedelics.

Given that both SSRI-discontinuation and psychedelics-use can lower the threshold for having seizures (if I'm remembering correctly, which I might not be), it seems vaguely plausible that their shared production of brain-zaps is related to seizure-like events. But this is wild speculation and nothing more.

There's a wikipedia article subsection on them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSRI_discontinuation_syndrome#.22Brain_zaps.22_and_sensations

And a bluelight thread here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=461620

Last edited:
I recognize the brain-zaps from the descriptions.
3 days of ecstasy with loads of speed in them.
Couldn't sleep for another three days, every time I almost fell
asleep a shock would go to my head and send me flying up out of bed.

...this was more like airplane pressure though.

Beautiful stuff for a saturday night alone. 8mg in the arm.....1hr later another 4mg. plenty of nitrous and Jefferson Airplane and I''m smiling so much.

PS day 5 of NO SMOKING. Holy shit I never thought I could do it. Thank you Ecig. Im free.

Sorry PD crew I know this is not a social thread.

I think it is okay to derail so long as you are promoting electronic cigarettes! Damn they are the bomb. Got me off smoking cigarettes. I'm probably more addicted to nicotine than I ever was though cuz once you find the good flavours you vape on them all day long =D

Hearing about a lot of disappointment with 4-AcO-DMT. Maybe there is a less than stellar batch? I dunno, but 20-25 mg should give you a really enjoyable relaxed benign trip. Nothing crazy, but once you push the dose up it has a lot of potential.

Regarding getting off smoking nicotine: I found an increased frequency (more than once a week) of psychedelics use (specifically 2C-B, mostly) for a month or so after quitting seemed to help with giving up tobacco (and nicotine) without tapering or nicotine replacement. Certainly relieved symptoms of cravings and withdrawals during trips, and appeared to help generally. Rather less healthily, I suspect, eating sweets; and, rather more healthily, chewing gum, also seemed to help with relieving cravings. :) (Been clear of nicotine for well over a year now.)

I recognize the brain-zaps from the descriptions.
3 days of ecstasy with loads of speed in them.
Couldn't sleep for another three days, every time I almost fell
asleep a shock would go to my head and send me flying up out of bed.

...this was more like airplane pressure though.
Okay. Might be related, though... Curiously, this web page, which appears to have an old version of a wikipedia article only about brain zaps, reports inner ear pressure as sometimes accompanying the other symptoms of brain zaps.

Last edited:
Hearing about a lot of disappointment with 4-AcO-DMT. Maybe there is a less than stellar batch? I dunno, but 20-25 mg should give you a really enjoyable relaxed benign trip. Nothing crazy, but once you push the dose up it has a lot of potential.

I'm speculating that the batch I have is actually quite potent compared to other ones, that it may have less to do with personal chemistry and that maybe theirs degraded or I just have an awesome batch! I took 6mg and was feeling it, mild flowing closed eye visuals, change in energy levels, then I took another 6 mg and I was... tripping! very different progression than mushrooms but dose comparative I would say equal to about 2.5-3 full grams of mushrooms spaced out. either that or i'm just generally sensitive to psychedellics, or I abstained for long enough. doing another much larger trial next weekend, i'm curious to see if tolerance will be apparent even when I up the dose!

My batch is not a recent one anyways. I think its more ymmv. This stuff is pretty popular it seems - so more reports from both ends of the spectrum emerge, some like it and others dont.

I doubt I would feel much from anything under 20mg and certainly not under 10mg.
Ymmv. :)

Okay. Might be related, though... Curiously, this web page, which appears to have an old version of a wikipedia article only about brain zaps, reports inner ear pressure as sometimes accompanying the other symptoms of brain zaps.

Thank you for finding the site!

"They are sometimes accompanied by brief tinnitus and vertigo-like feelings. Immediately following this shock is a light-headedness that may last for up to ten seconds. The sensation can be described for many as a flashbulb going off inside the head or brain, coupled with a sudden sensation of pressure within the ears which is similar to the feeling of trying to relieve inner-ear pressure"

That is exactly how it felt!
Not as worried for upping the dose to 30mgs now=)

Thank you for finding the site!

"They are sometimes accompanied by brief tinnitus and vertigo-like feelings. Immediately following this shock is a light-headedness that may last for up to ten seconds. The sensation can be described for many as a flashbulb going off inside the head or brain, coupled with a sudden sensation of pressure within the ears which is similar to the feeling of trying to relieve inner-ear pressure"

That is exactly how it felt!
Not as worried for upping the dose to 30mgs now=)
Bear in mind same article says 'It is thought to be a form of neuro-epileptiform activity'. Whether there's evidence for this, and whether increased dosage could lead to full-on seizures, I've no idea. But I wouldn't assume this symptom is necessarily wholly benign.

My batch is not a recent one anyways. I think its more ymmv. This stuff is pretty popular it seems - so more reports from both ends of the spectrum emerge, some like it and others dont.

I doubt I would feel much from anything under 20mg and certainly not under 10mg.
Ymmv. :)

Agreed. Others have dosed (low) out of my batch and if anything it was too much for them. It seems some people are just naturally resistant to this compound, and others are highly sensitive. My tolerance to mushrooms and 4 ho/aco met are pretty much normal, so it would seem it's not due to me being a hard-head when it comes to tryptamines (but I am slightly above average).

Unfortunately I still haven't found a source for other 4 sub trips in our post Web-Tryp world besides 4 aco dipt (which I'm really not that excited about), which I've tried 20 mg so far without breaking threshold. So perhaps these 2 share something in common in terms of their metabolism, at least for me.

I have access another batch of 4-AcO-DMT but it is slightly tan in color. Does this mean there is a slight loss in potency?

^^^ not necessarily. small impurities can drastically affect the color. I have dark purple DPT for example, but it is plenty potent.

This is not always the case, mind you, but light tan is pretty normal.

Yeah, I think its 100% would be white, but even a 1% impurity can cause a color change white to beige, maybe similar for being tan too. I bet tan could be as high as 98-99% despite its color.

Having the fumarate molecule attached will make it quite a bit less potent by weight, however. This makes it more stable and prevents it from becoming explicitly illegal though so its worth it.

I have access another batch of 4-AcO-DMT but it is slightly tan in color. Does this mean there is a slight loss in potency?

If its a stateside vendor with what looks like blood or slime in their logo, their AcO is at least 30% less potent than other vendors... I would avoid.

Plugged vs. Oral

So Johannes, how did it compare to oral? I asked a similar question on the TR you wrote but it would be good to discuss here. I am specifically wondering about:

Dosage difference (some have previously stated about 50% increase in potency)

GI distress (I didn't have much on oral, but wonder if it would effect colon)

Onset and Duration (from what I've read, seems to come on quicker, but is it shorter in duration?)

Comeup: Is it more intense and does it cause more anxiety/uncomfortable comeup effects? (all comeups are uncomfortable to me, including this substance, causing anxiety and some body load but it goes away by peak)

Experience: I've read its more similar to smoked DMT than mushrooms or oral 4-aco-dmt.

~~~

It was a good trip report. I'm considering starting out by trying 15mg plugged (dissolved in warm water in syringe) but based on responses may alter this dose.

Status
Not open for further replies.