• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

what to use when lubbing your syringe

Dr.kush

Bluelighter
i know i shouldn't re use them. but im a junkie and that's what i do. but any way the other day my plunger got stuck and popped out of the black thing inside. so after slowly and carefully pulling out the plungers i lubed the black thing with a very small amount of brand new . i made sure there was nothing on the black thing on the plunger. Then i submerged it in water. After having the plunger back in the rig i cleaned it out with water before using.

My question is that is it safe to use chap stick to lube the rig? i used it couple of times and it works great now. but what are the dangerous? can it get into the blood? And what do you use to lube your rig?

i know to buy new ones. But please answer the question

and is Rig-a-mortis even anything?

I use the same needle-less syringe over and over for the first pass filter of my pills.

this happens to me sometimes, what I do is blow into the one end while pulling on the plunger slowly. then once I've got it to the top, I push it back down, and suck up a full thing of water a few times and squirt it out. then it works again for a while. if its happening to the rig you've been using to shoot up with, you really should get new works, bud.

yea i know, but its still sharp and fairly new. I think the lube was ruined when i cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide, and rubbing alcohol.

I'm sure one time you'll be fine. but I wouldn't keep using it. clean the spot with some rubbing alcohol, and put a dab of triple antibiotic ointment on the injection site.

In a word, NO.

If you can, take a step back and think about the question: you're saying that you're re-using old syringes to the point that you've needed to lube them up with non-sterile lip balm and you're concerned if THAT is safe?

None of what you're working with is sterile, making it inherently dangerous.

Buy new rigs! They are cheap as fuck at a pharmacy and most cities have needle exchanges. Reusing syringes is a really good way to get cotton fever or catch a infection or worse.

Buy new rigs.

I'm not saying you do this but this is what I have seen people do, use butter and one of my buddy used to stick it in his ear and use his ear wax, I know nasty.

If I did not have another syringe I would use a little chapstick, just a tiny bit. If I was on the street and needed something that second a little ear wax will do the trick. Just take the plunger if you can get it out rub it in your ear like you were cleaning it. It sounds discusting but when you need that shot and dont have a place to go or a new rig at the moment, It works....

yea i thats true NJDOKE.

i barley put any chaptstick on it and it was brand new. and then cleaned out, isnt that good enough for now? and

yea i thats true NJDOKE.

i barley put any chaptstick on it and it was brand new. and then cleaned out, isnt that good enough for now? and

Yeah I have used it over and over a couple times before they had needle exchange here in NJ. Or if i was just on hard times,sometimes you cant always get a set right away. Yeah just a tiny amount will do ya. So there is no residue in the syringe after use. I would take the plunger out as well while its not being used. Just try to clesn it with alcohol or peroxide after use and just put the chapstick on right before you use it. I dont know how safe it is or not Im just talking about real life ya know, some times we got to do what we got to do..=D

@the above people
rigor mortis IS real, it is the stiffening of muscles after death
from latin

Also, when you sharpen your point on a match book striker, try to make sure it is a new match pack...

I'd think a lil chapstick in yer veins should be the least of your worries homie! Hahaha @ Rig-a-mortis so hard right now, straight dyin over here lol

I have never lubed my rigs as I always have a good stock (though I do use them way more times than I should) but all my fellow junkies (and much more experienced ones than I will ever be) I hung out w/ while I was using heroin always insisted that the most effective and safest way to lube them was w/ HAIR CONDITIONER. just rub it all over the black part of the plunger only (never in the rig), then rinse it off pretty good, get all the conditioner off, but don't like scrub a lot or wipe it off w/ a towel ...and voila, perfectly lubricated rig.
I will not personally attest to this though so do it at your own risk, YMMV.