• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it safe to mix Codeine and Xanax?

runduderun

Bluelighter
Hello bluelighters!

I took 150mg Codeine about 2hours ago, and 3mg Xanax (have a tolerance, but have been off for at least 4 months).

Is it safe to take more Clonidine (say about another 150mg, maybe 210mg), or It would just knock me out?

Also, there's 500mg paracetamol for each 30mg Codeine tablet, so I already took 2,5g paracetamol. Will I be sick if take even more (that would be 5-6g paracetamol total)? If yes, then taking Acetylcysteine (antidote for paracetamol) at the same time would null it's toxicity?

Thank you veeeeery much! :D

Hello bluelighters!

I took 150mg Codeine about 2hours ago, and 3mg Xanax (have a tolerance, but have been off for at least 4 months).

Is it safe to take more Clonidine (say about another 150mg, maybe 210mg), or It would just knock me out?

Also, there's 500mg paracetamol for each 30mg Codeine tablet, so I already took 2,5g paracetamol. Will I be sick if take even more (that would be 5-6g paracetamol total)? If yes, then taking Acetylcysteine (antidote for paracetamol) at the same time would null it's toxicity?

Thank you veeeeery much! :D

150 mg of codeine is barely anything to be worried about overdosing with the combination of xanax. 3 mg xanax is a decent amount but you said you have a tolerance, so I would't be worried. If it was maybe 150 mg of oxycodone than maybe have a some second thoughts. ;)

Also I've only done codeine once (never a fan of it) but if your going to be doing a number of pills I highly recommend a C.W.E to show some respect to your liver. Also it must be a misstype but im on clonidine for opiate withdrawals and im only prescribed 0.3mg/pill so if your taking 150 mg of clonidine, I think it would be safe to say codeine and xanx would be least of your worries as the clonidine would probably make your heart explode. Sorry for long response. =D

No one can really accurately tell you how much is safe to take, and as anyone will tell you mixing depressants is almost always more dangerous than taking any one alone.
That said I, personally would take a small booster dose of codiene(being careful not to exceed 4g paracetamol) along with an anti-histamine as they greatly enhance the nod for me. Taking more xanax is probably not the best idea as it increases likelyhood of excessive resperatory depression, or just blacking out and doing something stupid(trust me on that one).
so to sum up: try a booster of codiene along with an anti-histamine(promethazine,doxylamine or hydroxyzine seem to work best), forego the xanax for later, and if you DO take an amount of codiene that would cause you to exceed 4 grams paracetamol make sure to perform a cold water extraction;instructions for which can easily be found by searching this forum.
be safe and happy nodding!

150 mg of codeine is barely anything to be worried about overdosing with the combination of xanax. 3 mg xanax is a decent amount but you said you have a tolerance, so I would't be worried. If it was maybe 150 mg of oxycodone than maybe have a some second thoughts. ;)

Also I've only done codeine once (never a fan of it) but if your going to be doing a number of pills I highly recommend a C.W.E to show some respect to your liver. Also it must be a misstype but im on clonidine for opiate withdrawals and im only prescribed 0.3mg/pill so if your taking 150 mg of clonidine, I think it would be safe to say codeine and xanx would be least of your worries as the clonidine would probably make your heart explode. Sorry for long response. =D

Forgive my ignorance, but what's "C.W.E" ?

try a booster of codiene along with an anti-histamine(promethazine,doxylamine or hydroxyzine seem to work best), forego the xanax for later, and if you DO take an amount of codiene that would cause you to exceed 4 grams paracetamol make sure to perform a cold water extraction;instructions for which can easily be found by searching this forum.
be safe and happy nodding!

Would metoclopramide or Dimenhydrinate work as weel? How much of each should I take? Also, should I take it beofre, during or after a few minutes from Codeine. I took another 60mg about half an hour ago.

I read a lot about water exctraction, i'll sure try that in the future, but for now, i'd like to make use of it, and wouldny have time to perform the extraction. Also, I dont have any paper filter available. But will do that in the future, for sure. Thanks for the advices.

^

As for that, I have absolutely no experience. Maybe you can help me:

- First off, I should break the 500mg/30mg the into powder
- Dissolve the powder in about 80ml morn/hot water
- Wait about 1 hour, letting the solution cools of
- Filter the solution using lab filters
- Drink the water/codein solution

If that's correct, then can perfectly do it.

Please, anyone familiar with the procedure can help me out?

crush....use warm NOT HOT water....mix it, let cool to room temp for a lil while, 20 mins MAX...put in freezer for like ~15-35minutes, depending on how cold ur freezer is

keep mixing through out the freezing every 5 mins to be sure not to freeze,
once its cool to the touch (make sure its not icy), take it out

filter it into a cup...squeeze the solution through the filter...AKA dont let it sit there for an hour filtering...just squeeze it through

filter- use a dress shirt if u can, make sure w.e u use, its colesly woven...but it doesnt matter TOO much as long as it gets filtered

repeat one more time

than ur good

yea its fine I regular use Xanax and I do codeine through cue or take a few 30/500 s I find it lasts longer effect wise much more calming.

Hey man, let's not revive 6 year old threads unless we have something innovative to add. Also, to say "it's fine" regarding taking Opioids and Benzodiazepines together is bordering on irresponsible. I'm not saying that this practice is insane, but it's a fact that combining Opioids and Benzodiazepines can kill quite easily. So, to say "it's fine" is a bit of an over-simplification.

You can experiment with this combination, but you must keep the dosages low until you have a good understanding of how these drugs and their potential synergistic effects with work on you.

yep i either take a 200mg of codeine through cwe or a few 30/500 solpadol with Xanax I get much more of a relaxed feeling

it is very dangerous so I've learnt my lesson ill just stick to on or the other.

apparently a high dose of codeine with a few Xanax is very similar to heroin so I hear. But very dangerous to mix these

apparently a high dose of codeine with a few Xanax is very similar to heroin so I hear. But very dangerous to mix these

I doubt that. Heroin is a highly potent opiate with a pleasurable euphoric buzz that leaves you feeling smug and satisfied. I've only tried codeine once in the form of panadiene forte and i must of taken at least 10 to 15 tablets in one go and i got zero to none pleasure from them. Just felt a bit of a upset stomach . I've never understood drug users who like to use codeine for a recreational buzz. IMO comparing codeine to China white Number 4 smack is like comparing cat piss to french champagne, Xanax is a fun buzz, feeling all floaty and relaxed but long term abuse turns your mind/ability to speak and communicate into muck. You also lose all sense of balance and hand eye coordination being a Xanax zombie.

As for the OP question for safety sake it isn't safe to mix Xanax with anything especially downers like opiates or even alcohol. But as others said mixing it with codeine probably won't cause you any problems. It's just a bad habit to get into.

^^ ok cheers for clearing that up Boku_ I just read it somewhere someone had said I doubted it myself but as I've never tried heroin I wouldn't know.

No worries dicko89, sorry if i came across as a bit arrogant that wasn't my intention at all. Heroin is one of those drugs that the actual feeling is hard to explain. I have IV China white heroin many times and the feeling from using the needle is completely different from smoking or sniffing the same heroin. That's not to say smoking or snorting heroin is no good compared to injecting that would be a false statement IMO as the non-IV methods of using smack are still enjoyable. It's just a more gradually hitting high from snorting as apposed to the intense overwhelming rush that comes from a injection.

One thing i will say the one time i took oxy pills the buzz after taking 5-6 pills at once was almost the same subtle gradually high that a heroin user experiences from smoking or snorting quality China white heroin. So in short dicko89 if you wanna try to get a heroin high try and get your hands on some oxycodone.