alonimid
2agrpz4.jpg

taglutimide
212v515.jpg

2-bromo-2,2-diethylacetamide
10535.png

CP-1414S
150px-Cp1414s_drug_struct.png

I'm almost more curious about what drug is causing you to post all these new threads in ADD =D

Actually Nitromethaqualone is fascinating, don't know how i missed that one. It would seem substitution in the 4-position has a profound impact on potency, and that 2-methylation is not necessary for activity, so the obvious question is - what about 2-desmethyl-4-methyl-MTQ? It might retain the increased potency of MMTQ without those unfortunate AMPA-agonizing effects, most of the pharmaceutical MTQ analogs have worked on the 2-position, but para-subs might be where the action is!

CP-1414S seems to be a run-of-the-mill benzodiazepine derivative.

The picture of the chemical structure seems misshapen somehow; it looks like the diazepine ring is stretched unnaturally. Is that not an error? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong (I only pretend to be remotely knowledgeable about chemistry). The Wiki page for the drug makes no reference to anything unusual about this compound.

damn, nitromethaqualone looks tasty... surprised it hasn't popped up in the RC market yet

Does somebody know alpidem, an anxiolytic in the same family than zolpidem? It was marketed in the beginning of the 2000's and removed due to i don't remember what (maybe adverse effects on the liver). I would have loved trying it, but alas no.

why all these new "exotic" downers? these days quaaludes and good barbs(ex. secobarbital, phentobarbital, amobarbital) along with rare benzos(ex. nimetazepam) are just as good(and likely better) as any bizarre RC sedatives.

there is also(blasts from the pasts) like placidyl to look into, as well as a bunch of other non-benzo/barb/lude derived depressants.

*loulou reed: alpidem is a shit downer, it has no hypnotic or muscle relaxant effects, just an anxiolytic effect similar to a weak benzo. it was developed to have little abuse potiential compared to benzos, and it was just like that. idk why it was removed, but its not something worth looking for.

With respect to nitromethaqualone:
This compound is metabolized to 2-methoxy-4-nitroaniline, 2-methyl-3-(2'-methoxy-4'-aminophenyl)-4(3H)-quinazolinone and 2-methyl-3-(2'-methoxy-4'-acetylaminophenyl)-4(3H)-quinazolinone (see: Verhandelingen - Koninklijke Academie voor Geneeskunde van Belgie 1979, 41(4), p.275; later confirmed in: J Pharm Sci 1982, 71(10), p.1152). Of these three metabolites is the first one reportedly mutagenic (see: Annales des Falsifications de l'Expertise Chimique et Toxicologique 1987, 80(854), p.25), and the last one is produced from nitromethaqualone via the likewise mutagenic N-nitroso and N-hydroxy-intermediates.
Conclusion: Nitromethaqualone is complete bullshit! (and not "tasty" or "novel" or "exotic"; simply just one more unhealty variation of the methaqualone-theme)

With respect to 2-bromo-2,2-diethylacetamide:
The nearby amide activates the alkyl-bromide and renders it an effective alkylating agent. Read: Carcinogenic!!!
Conclusion: Same as above.

With respect to CP-1414S:
In rats this compound was shown to have only 1/10 of the potency of diazepam (see: Arzneimittel-Forschung 1981, 31(10), p.1721).
Conclusion: Disappointing.

Peace! - Murphy

Last edited:
At least, I couldn't find any obvious risks associated with the other ones. Didn't look too long though.

Taglutimide was reported to lack the teratogenic effects of its close cousin thalidomid. Nonetheless I'd be very very cautious. Just a gut-feeling...

- Murphy

What about the GHB vesrion of Baclofen. Being that Baclofen(an analog of GABA)is super potent in comparison, and being that GHB, another sorta deaminated analog of GABA is also really potent than wouldn't make a superpotent GHB? I've seen some vague references to this compound, I think(CNS-356; CAS.430440-66-7)but it just states that it's used as a ligand for GHBr, I'm sure it hits more receptors though but if its action at GHBr is magnitudes higher than other GABArs then its probly crap but I dunno if thats the case.

damn, nitromethaqualone looks tasty... surprised it hasn't popped up in the RC market yet

In other news:

A legal high / plant food manufacturer in the UK has decided to stock nitromethaqualone which is purported to actually contain a mixture of phenazepam mixed with diphenhydramine

It may be just another scam, but just in case that some genuine nitromethaqualone shows up: PLEASE READ MY POST ABOVE regarding the metabolites of this compound!!!

And in contrary to the JWH-018-debate, where the carcinogenic potential was doubted several times (and actually was never proven either), the proven carcinogenic metabolites of this compound are not a theory of mine but a published fact!

As I said: Just in case...

Peace! - Murphy

The nearby amide activates the alkyl-bromide and renders it an effective alkylating agent. Read: Carcinogenic!!!

That was my first though, but it's a tertiary alkyl bromide, so unreactive? At least no more reactive than a normal tertiary alkyl halide, as the carbonyl can't stabilise the carbocation resulting from loss of Br-

With respect to CP-1414S:
In rats this compound was shown to have only 1/10 of the potency of diazepam (see: Arzneimittel-Forschung 1981, 31(10), p.1721).
Conclusion: Disappointing.

Lol =D

In other news:

A legal high / plant food manufacturer in the UK has decided to stock nitromethaqualone which is purported to actually contain a mixture of phenazepam mixed with diphenhydramine

Just, what!? :X Surely they're not allowed to sell phenazepam? How does it help to advertise it as nitromethaqualone, all anyone would have to do is GCMS it to see they're selling something illegal. Not to mention the obvious problems of using drugs you don't know the fucking identity of...

Last edited:

That was my first though, but it's a tertiary alkyl bromide, so unreactive? At least no more reactive than a normal tertiary alkyl halide, as the carbonyl can't stabilise the carbocation resulting from loss of Br-

I would think that it does not react according to SN2, but SN1 is no too unlikely. Some reasons:
- the eletron-withdrawing amide destabilizes the carbon-bromide-bond
- bromide is a very good leaving group
- the intermediate carbocation is stabilized to some extend by 2 ethyl-residues with a +I-effect
- SN1-reactions are favoured in dipolar-protic media (e.g. water, as this is the case in vivo)

Furthermore can the carbonyl-group provide support for the substitution of the bromine-atome by the so-called "neighbouring effect".

By the way, 2-bromo-2,2-diethylacetamide (a.k.a "carbromide" or bromoethylbutyramide) is a metabolite of the now obsolete sedative "carbromal", and in addition to the above discussed alkylating properties was it shown to have cardiotoxic effects (Arch Toxicol 1978, 40(2), p.151) and to cause hypothermia (Arch Toxicol 1978, 40(3), p.211). Another drawback is the very long elimination halflife of bromide ions created in the metabolism of this compound (up to 12 days), which can lead easily to their accumulation upon repeated usage.

Peace! - Murphy