• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Why Do I Appear to be Immune to Cocaine, MDMA, THC, or Opiates

Status
Not open for further replies.

GustavGuero

Greenlighter
I've smoked pot for many years now, throughout that time I have tried several other drugs on various occasions. Throughout that time I have found an interesting trend, basically it comes down to the fact that when I eat coke, molly/Ecstasy, pot, or opiates (such as Vicodin, or Oxycontin) I appear to gain no effects from any of the drugs listed above. However, I get perfectly high whenever I smoke pot as well as if I ingest mushrooms, LSD, or alcohol. And I can assure you that (almost) all of the drugs I took were real and in high enough dosage that I should have felt something.

I had originally thought that maybe I just wasn't able to absorb very well with my digestive tract, but that idea falls part when you consider the drugs that work for me when they are ingested. The only plausible explanation i can think of is that my digestive tract produces an enzyme which breaks down dopamine like molecules as coke, opiates, and THC all fall under this category where as psylopsybe and LSD are both serotonin based molecules while alcohol is something else entirely.

I would greatly appreciate any further insight as to my apparent condition.

When I first tried opiates in the form of vicodin, I got no buzz and just got nauseated and tired. For some reason sometimes you have to try things over and over before your mind can figure out what exactly has changed.. sometimes drugs are more subtle than you might think before trying them.. dunno.

I'm not sure why you said you can't get high off THC cause that's the main compound in pot that gets you high (along with cannabidiol and other minor stuff).

you ever tried to rail coke or mdma and not eating it could also work with the opiates if you crush the tabs? ^^

Yeah, I'd suggest trying other routes of administration. Coke is the only drug I've snorted and never eaten, so I'm surprised you haven't done lines, preferably off of a prostitute's nether regions in the back seat of a limousine.

Yeah, coke has very low oral bioavailability. It has some, certainly and it helps if the cocaine is dissolved in alcohol, or is kept in the mouth and used buccal or sublingual. Some opiates like morphine and heroin also have very poor availability. One possibility I'm guessing is that you are perhaps expecting opiates, mdma and cocaine to be as intoxicating as LSD and Mushrooms which is far from the case. Even THC can be more intoxicating in terms of potential to alter one's perception when compared to cocaine or opiates. Another possibility is not that you are immune to the drugs, but you are a person who is lacking in the ability to actually detect that you are in fact in an altered state. I'm betting dollars to donuts you show the expected physical symptoms of intoxication for the amount of drug you took and the ROA, i.e. pupil constriction, respiratory depression and even analgesia in the case of opiates, increased bp and pulse rate on cocaine, pupil dilation and increased BP with MDMA.

"I'm not sure why you said you can't get high off THC cause that's the main compound in pot that gets you high (along with cannabidiol and other minor stuff)." (Quote)

Its not that I don't get high from THC, its that I only get high if I smoke, I've never had any effects from ingesting (brownies etc.), even though I have attempted to on many occasions

Yeah, coke has very low oral bioavailability. It has some, certainly and it helps if the cocaine is dissolved in alcohol, or is kept in the mouth and used buccal or sublingual. Some opiates like morphine and heroin also have very poor availability. One possibility I'm guessing is that you are perhaps expecting opiates, mdma and cocaine to be as intoxicating as LSD and Mushrooms which is far from the case. Even THC can be more intoxicating in terms of potential to alter one's perception when compared to cocaine or opiates. Another possibility is not that you are immune to the drugs, but you are a person who is lacking in the ability to actually detect that you are in fact in an altered state. I'm betting dollars to donuts you show the expected physical symptoms of intoxication for the amount of drug you took and the ROA, i.e. pupil constriction, respiratory depression and even analgesia in the case of opiates, increased bp and pulse rate on cocaine, pupil dilation and increased BP with MDMA.

But I feel that I would have noticed something by now, After trying these various stimulants I don't even gain any sort of energy I feel just as lethargic as if I hadn't taken anything. That on top of the fact that I've been recently prescribed to ADD medication (which also contains dopamine like molecules), which has also not been working in the slightest.

you ever tried to rail coke or mdma and not eating it could also work with the opiates if you crush the tabs? ^^

Always crushed the tabs, always blew the coke (though 90% ends up hitting the back of my throat anyway), usually ate the molly

Always crushed the tabs, always blew the coke (though 90% ends up hitting the back of my throat anyway), usually ate the molly

yea i meant crush the tabs and take them nasaly ^^ but your nose seems not work either so i dunno whats up with you go to the doc and ask him why all drugs have no effect on you ;)

The only plausible explanation i can think of is that my digestive tract produces an enzyme which breaks down dopamine like molecules as coke, opiates, and THC all fall under this category where as psylopsybe and LSD are both serotonin based molecules while alcohol is something else entirely.

THC is a terpene, opiates (if talking about morphine derivatives) are phenanthrenes, and cocaine is a tropane alkaloid, none of which are "dopamine like". Cocaine inhibits dopamine reuptake, opiates release dopamine indirectly, I suppose THC may as well, but there's no structural relation within these compounds at all.

Psilocybine and LSD are also not "serotonin based". They bind to serotonin receptors, which is a completely different thing.

None of the compounds you refer to as "dopamine like" really have any similarity in chemical structure, not even to dopamine. THC isn't even an alkaloid. Yes, all of them have some dopaminergic activity to substantially varying degrees. You are right that your digestive tract destroys cocaine, but this is something you have in common with all humans. Cocaine is a pretty fragile molecule when it comes to acidic conditions. Also, a large part of the effect of cocaine is from its rapid action and oral consumption of most drugs is more slow and gradual in the onset, requiring a higher dose to achieve the same peak plasma level even if it did have good oral availability which it does not. Heroin and morphine also have poor oral availability, and it wouldn't surprise me if after consuming orally most of the heroin turns back into morphine before it makes it to your CNS, thus causing 75-30% drop in potency combined with 70% being destroyed by first pass metabolism upon oral consumption would cause the necessary dose to be much higher.

THC is very poorly absorbed, especially when not dissolved in oil. It can take the better part of a day before peak plasma levels are achieved. In this case THC does have first pass metabolism working in its favor by metabolizing it into a more potent analog which is about 20% more potent by weight, more sedating and more intense/psychedelic leaning in effect. That said there's a number of factors able to siginificantly alter the required dose such as whether it was dissolved in oil or alcohol, the concentration of THC in the solvent if a solvent was used, how efficient the extraction was, whether the cystolith hairs or other digestive irritants were present in the material to be consumed etc.

What opioids in what form have you tried orally, Oxycontin, morphine IR, MS Contin Heroin etc? How are you consuming THC orally? As marinol pills? Exactly how much cocaine did you try eating and of what quality? I've never eaten cocaine, but theoretically it should take considerably more.

Last edited:
me too

I am having the same problem. I have tried multiple drugs and the only one that has not affected me is cocaine. I have snorted up to three grams and still no effect. I'm very confused as well. Any clues to why that is?

I am having the same problem. I have tried multiple drugs and the only one that has not affected me is cocaine. I have snorted up to three grams and still no effect. I'm very confused as well. Any clues to why that is?

Being that the dopamine transporters are similar from fruit flies all the way up to humans, and an intrinsic part of all fauna in-between's neural pathways, the likely answer is that what you were doing was not cocaine. (three grams, 3,000mg, of pure cocaine on a cocaine naive or even sensitized individual would likely be fatal. Fatal doses have been recorded (when administered IV at least) with as little as 70mg)

This doesn't seem like ADD material much. We've been getting a lot of these today. I assume you just searched this so I lay no blame there, I quite often do not look at the thread's subcategory when finding a topic in a search myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.