• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

'Born Illegal' -- Exploring the Powerful Advanced Psychedelics Invented by the Father

Hey guys. I am Anthony Reed, the guy that the article is reporting about. My interview with Charles Shaw went amazingly... and I should be featured when his documentary actually comes out. I would be more than happy to explain anything that you feel needs explaining about my case. I made it clear to Charles, and anyone who knows about my incident, that it was not a big "oops" where I feel like I'm some horrible victim. I knew what I was doing, while existing in a gray area, was not going to be viewed very highly if I had ever actually gotten in trouble for it. However, by moving to 2c-i, considering I wasn't importing mass quantities, slinging it, or making a big show of its use, I would be clear of trouble. Florida, if I am correct, does not have an analogue act, and thus any prosecution would have to be done by the federal government... something that is very, very, very unlikely to happen to a small time user at a music festival.

Note though, they hit me with something that was NOT the analogue act. They hit me with "sale of mdma" and then changed it to sale of a counterfeit controlled substance, as if I tried to pass it as mdma. Ultimately, I am very knowledgeable about the substances I put in my body and the substances that I would offer someone at a music festival who, so I thought, was the unfortunate recipient of bunk drugs. I would never, ever in my life pass 2c-i as MDMA.

1. It is not 'entrapment.' Do some research as to what 'entrapment' really is, in the relevant jurisdiction. Now, under what entrapment should be, sure, this is entrapment, but entrapment is not what it should be, it is what it is, at least in a court of law.

2. Selling a capsule of a psychoactive drug to a stranger is inviting the trouble. No two ways about it. In a perfect world, it wouldn't be, but that doesn't mean that this article should be trying to make this drug dealer into a boy scout.

This is a laughable and offensive comparison. This isn't some grand act of civil disobedience, this is slinging trip at a festival, and having to pay the piper at the end of the day.

I too find it funny that I was compared to Rosa Parks, haha, but I will say this. I was not a drug dealer, or on a slinging trip. I felt bad for the guy and gave him a substance not illegal under Florida law, and he insisted on giving me remuneration for it. If it was a slinging trip, or if I was a drug dealer, they would have found A) drugs and B) money on me. I had 17 dollars to my name, and no drugs on me besides the one I gave to the undercover. I think its a stretch to call me a drug dealer and say I was on a slinging trip when I was just there to listen to some music and thought I was helping someone else out.

This guy needs a retrial with a better lawyer. No way he could get a felony for a pill of uncontrolled substance.

This story is making up or leaving some things out.

Even if he was persecuted on a federal level and prosecuters went after him, they would have to prove that 2c-i falls under the analogue act. There have been cases of the analogue act being non-applicable.

To make matters worse, I only had 10mg of 2ci in that capsule. The report describes it as "a capsule with a white residue." Residue. Not even enough to weigh. The truth of the matter is though, when the police officer was told that the only way the charges would stick by his superior is if he believed that it was MDMA, the officer said, "I did."

Hey guys. I am Anthony Reed, the guy that the article is reporting about. My interview with Charles Shaw went amazingly... and I should be featured when his documentary actually comes out. I would be more than happy to explain anything that you feel needs explaining about my case. I made it clear to Charles, and anyone who knows about my incident, that it was not a big "oops" where I feel like I'm some horrible victim. I knew what I was doing, while existing in a gray area, was not going to be viewed very highly if I had ever actually gotten in trouble for it. However, by moving to 2c-i, considering I wasn't importing mass quantities, slinging it, or making a big show of its use, I would be clear of trouble. Florida, if I am correct, does not have an analogue act, and thus any prosecution would have to be done by the federal government... something that is very, very, very unlikely to happen to a small time user at a music festival.

Note though, they hit me with something that was NOT the analogue act. They hit me with "sale of mdma" and then changed it to sale of a counterfeit controlled substance, as if I tried to pass it as mdma. Ultimately, I am very knowledgeable about the substances I put in my body and the substances that I would offer someone at a music festival who, so I thought, was the unfortunate recipient of bunk drugs. I would never, ever in my life pass 2c-i as MDMA.

Anthony, I think we're on the same page. The tone of the article I find highly offensive but particularly on account the comment that you made that someone quoted a few posts up I have a great deal of respect for you personally. But the article I think is just silly.

And I'm not saying you were on a "slinging trip," I said you were "slinging trip," i.e. selling psychedelics. And basically when you do this, you take a risk, and there is some chance that you will wind up getting caught, as you know, and having to pay the piper, as you sadly did. Things got fucked up and you took one for the company, and it seems like you're standing up and taking it like a man, so more power to you. And I'm really deeply sorry about what happened to you, it is indeed a sad story. But that being said I really dislike the tone of the article, and that's the only thing I'm beefing with. I don't really think that's your fault but I do take serious issue with the author of the article for a number of reasons.

We've met, by the way, I dunno if you knew that ...

yep
if you dont want the risks associated with droogs, dont do em
i aint care if its technically legal, you gotta know theres legal risks maaan.
why didnt you have MDMA anyway, that would have at least made the charge a little moar worth it

moral of the story. dont deal with anyone you dont know. im no dealer but it seems quite obvious. especially as there were known undercover lurking near by and this random dude pops up saying got sold a dud. i rekon id be suspicious. this is what you get for helping a fellow human being out and trying to make their day better after getting ripped. now he will have this shit follow him around for a good while, if not forever. fucking pigz. they all need a good dose of acid to sort their heads out.

"But he's not an innocent victim, and the characterization of him as being such hurts our cause because it's just plain silly."

I never thought about it that way...good point.

But he's not an innocent victim, and the characterization of him as being such hurts our cause because it's just plain silly.

I never thought about it that way. Good point.

That being said, the reason we have a "cause" is because most, if not all, of our nation's drug laws are flawed. This article clearly shows that.

Last edited:
This happened to me with phenazepam.

In australia, only analogues of class A drugs are controlled, like heroin or meth, but prescription s4 like diazepam in this case isnt.

The cops charged me with a decenty amount of methamphetamine.

1st court case, not guilty. arrainged.

2nd case, not guilty, the substance is not specifically illegal. case thrown out.

3rd case, police serve me with summons to attend court on possess dangerous drug charge. lawyer asks for more time.

4th case (and six months later, btw, when i finally got a proper analysis that the powder i had was phenazepam, (and some pure dxm capsules also misappropriated as meth) came back as d- methorphan. (id been to court on charges of methorphan possession would you believe, the analysis certificate saying "isomer not determined"

so for 6 months my anxiety level was raised for nothing.

i hope this guy gets a break and a good lawyer, i dont hin i would have done so well in the states tho.

Drugs is drugs is drugs to the pigs. Same the world over. I think the thing is to accept that be it legal / research chem / illegal, whatever, they'll go for the throats of anybody doing something 'druggy' and cause as much disruption as they can. I'd be every bit as cagey and careful about RC use as I would illegals.

On an aside this has got me thinking about the video for George Michael's 'Outside' :\

Thickset article,

Thanks as a replacement recompense the backing of posting it!

It was helpfull in the utility of me to meaning those links:

Camere de supraveghere interior or
Camere de supraveghere exterior or
Camere de supraveghere CCTV or
Camere de supraveghere video

Philosoraptor_has_anyone_really_been_far_even_as_decided_to_use_even_go_want_to_do_look_more_like.jpg