• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin should I still wait 24 hours to take a suboxone even if I just did a cotton shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothing

Bluelighter
so I have a medium habit (I think?) I do about a gram to a gram and a half a day every day for two and a half years. I did my last shot at four pm yesterday and was stupid and just did a cotton shot. do you think I need to start over with my 24 hours or maybe just wait like 10 more hours? I know it's probably different for everyone I just want an opinion on this?

whats the dif cotton shot and just a shot?

and yes, if u injested/ lol injected an opiate, u need to wait 24hours from that.

so your saying 10 bags to 15 bags a day? thats not medium, thats large, not that large like LARGE, but it aint no medium

you dont necessarily need to wait 24 hr's. theres no set time period that makes it ok to start your suboxone. in some instances you should wait longer than 24 hr's, and sometiems you can do it in less than 24 hr's. it all depends on several variables.
But a good way to tell if you can start the suboxone yet is if you are atleast in moderate to severe withdrawals. As long as you are feeling like total shit and have all the signs of being in almost severe withdrawal, you should be ok. And everyone is different so theres no way us to tell you exatly when to take your suboxone.
I can tell you however, that when you do finally choose to take the suboxone, start with only like 0.5mg's. Then wait a good 15 minutes. If you dont go into PW's......take another mg or 2. If you still dont go into PW's....it should be ok to keep dosing mor sub until you feel all better. I would dose 1mg at a time until you feel fine, waiting 15 minutes inbetween each dose. People usually start at too high of a dose and this can cause major problems for them later on when they wanna wean down or get off the subs. I bet you could only take about 4mg's and feel fine. But i still reccommend dosing slowly because if you are dosing too early, the PW's will be MUCH less severe and ALOT shorter if you have only taken a tiny amount of suboxone.
Good Luck.

I don't get why people have so many questions about when to take subs

just start when you notice withdrawls symptoms

^^I think 12 hours is a bit too soon.

I usually don't wait 24 hours after a cotton shot (or wash in my case) before taking Suboxone..
but I do wait until I'm in moderate withdrawls (runny nose, watery eyes, body aches, RLS, etc.)

^ yeah same here. you cant really give an exact time to take it. but when i take subs i wait AT LEAST 12 hours.. and i mean the very least. normally i wait until im in withdraws and cant stand it anymore even though i can most likely take it sooner than that. i just would rather be safe than to go in to PW's by accident

id say you might be fine at 12 hours in this situation, the longer the better always tho...

ive only ever waited 12 hours and i was fine, except for the last time when i waited about 36 hours...

just be careful. The other day I took 50 mg of vicodin which didnt do shit for me it had me well for like 2 hours thats it. So I waited 10 hours and I was feeling like shit again like 4 hours after the vic but I waited more hours just in case. But I felt like shit, my pupils were massive so I figured I was good to inject some sub. Within seconds my body was cold as ice and it was so intense my body just went on auto pilot mode like I walked over to my bed and wrapped myself in blankets but I had no control of it my body just did it for me, I felt so fucked up it was the most intense I have ever had PW. Luckily I have had it before but not that bad so I knew it would go away in 15 min after the sub kicked in, if I hadn't have known that I probly would have freaked the fuck out(I still almost did felt like I was dieing)

the best advice I can give, and this is from experience, don't go by any amount of time anyone tells you. even your doctor. the only sure fire way to avoid PW is to wait until your the sickest your going to be before taking sub
you need to be in full withdrawal, whatever that may be for you and your habit. the amount u stated is quite a bit and typically people using less than that have to wait 36 hours. unless your dope is weak as hell or your incorrect about the amount your using.

Yea there is no set time on when to take subs, just use common sense. I know I'll rail the last of my opiates(usually opana) around 10-12 at night, then wake up the next day at around 10am and be feeling the W/D's and take my sub then and be fine. Just gotta go by how ya feel.

you should at least wait 12 hours at the minimum. then like everyone else said, go by how you feel.

^^I think 12 hours is a bit too soon.

I usually don't wait 24 hours after a cotton shot (or wash in my case) before taking Suboxone..
but I do wait until I'm in moderate withdrawls (runny nose, watery eyes, body aches, RLS, etc.)

wel if u took like 10mgs (oxy), 12hours would probably be fine
cuz idk what a cotton shot is, i was assuming it was the leftover cotton with a lil bit left if ur desperate ya know

<snip>

IF YOU ARE NOT IN WITHDRAWAL THERE IS NO NEED TO TAKE SUBOXONE

IF YOU ARE NOT IN WITHDRAWAL AND TAKE SUBOXONE IT WILL PRECIPITATE WITHDRAWAL

IF YOU WAIT UNTIL YOU NEED TO TAKE SUBOXONE BEFORE YOU TAKE IT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE FINE.

I Wish the doctors would just start telling people that they can not take suboxone until they are in withdrawal. instead of telling them a standardized time frame.

but even then, we would still get ridiculous posts like this.

I think this affects people differently... i've heard stories of people eating subs a day or a day and a half after they snort/inject whatever type opiate (H, OC, opana) and they have all these horror stories about going into further withdrawal and getting sick/puking etc.... this has NEVER happened to me... i've eaten/snorted suboxone while on just about all of the aforementioned opiates and vice versa and nothing like this happens... Except when im on suboxone and if I were to snort a bunch of OC 80's or opanas I wouldnt get very high if at all, probably from the whatever its called in the suboxone which blocks opiate receptors in your brain

IF YOU ARE NOT IN WITHDRAWAL THERE IS NO NEED TO TAKE SUBOXONE

IF YOU ARE NOT IN WITHDRAWAL AND TAKE SUBOXONE IT WILL PRECIPITATE WITHDRAWAL

IF YOU WAIT UNTIL YOU NEED TO TAKE SUBOXONE BEFORE YOU TAKE IT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE FINE

this.

These questions come up constantly and above is the only advice we can give. Please use the search engine next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.