• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom - Semi-experienced - Most intense opiate high yet!

Frustrated with kratom experiences

I've been experimenting with kratom for the last couple weeks and I can't seem to get a high enough dose needed to feel any affects from it. I've been trying the red vien maeng da strain. I've had 14 grams in the last hour and I'm not feeling a damn thing. I've been mixing the powder with hot water to make a paste then putting the paste into a cup of chocolate milk, I've found that this technique is the most tolerable in taste. I'm getting really frustrated, I've heard great stories about kratom giving you a close high to the same as opiates. I do have a high opiate tolerance. Unusually able to handle five 15 ml percs a night. I really need help from kratom to kick my pill habit. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

I've been experimenting with kratom for the last couple weeks and I can't seem to get a high enough dose needed to feel any affects from it. I've been trying the red vien maeng da strain. I've had 14 grams in the last hour and I'm not feeling a damn thing. I've been mixing the powder with hot water to make a paste then putting the paste into a cup of chocolate milk, I've found that this technique is the most tolerable in taste. I'm getting really frustrated, I've heard great stories about kratom giving you a close high to the same as opiates. I do have a high opiate tolerance. Unusually able to handle five 15 ml percs a night. I really need help from kratom to kick my pill habit. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Sounds like you have garbage kratom

If you're addicted to a large dose of opiates, it's hard to feel anything from kratom, in my experience. When I was on poppy tea all kratom did was give me a tiny buzz and make withdrawals more bearable (but not gone completely).

If you're addicted to a large dose of opiates, it's hard to feel anything from kratom, in my experience. When I was on poppy tea all kratom did was give me a tiny buzz and make withdrawals more bearable (but not gone completely).

Interesting corollary: when I was on long term Suboxone maintenance, kratom would actually give me a decent buzz, not a proper nod, but a nice little stimulation (oxyish) and euphoria, which is pretty surprising given the pharmacology of bupe. There is, of course, no way it could've kept me well if I wasn't on the bupe itself.

Reminds me of my first few times on kratom where i thought I found a miracle herb...unfortunatel, being an addict it quickly turned into a 60gram a day habit and all of the negatives outweighed the positives (which were non-existent after a month)...I actually cold turkeyed 2 weeks ago and the withdrawals were laughable, however I only used plain leaf...steer away from the extracts and UE blends...

I used 7-13 of those big clear capsule of ground Bali from coming off 40mg of methadone and 2-5 bags of IV dope on top of the methadone(which I had been on for 4 years as high as 160mg) and I didn't feel any sort of Buzz but I wasn't in the worst hellish withdrawals that I would have been, now with 35 days clean well just Etizolam and Xanax no opiates, I drank 50-70% of a 2ml bottle of Bali FST and took 2mgs of etiz and 1mg of Xanax and I am definitely feeling a nice warm opiate like buzz, I'm relaxed no to little anxiety it's quite nice although I'll have to keep it to a once a week or so cause it can get pricey and if I had bottles I'd be drinking it everyday. I'm gonna stock up and give then to my bro to hold on too because I'll bet money the DEA is just stalling to placate everyone it will be schedule one which is really fucking gay but for them its all about the money and pleasing the big pharma company.

A petition to keep it legal! Needs to be signed by dec 1st!

I used 7-13 of those big clear capsule of ground Bali from coming off 40mg of methadone and 2-5 bags of IV dope on top of the methadone(which I had been on for 4 years as high as 160mg) and I didn't feel any sort of Buzz but I wasn't in the worst hellish withdrawals that I would have been, now with 35 days clean well just Etizolam and Xanax no opiates, I drank 50-70% of a 2ml bottle of Bali FST and took 2mgs of etiz and 1mg of Xanax and I am definitely feeling a nice warm opiate like buzz, I'm relaxed no to little anxiety it's quite nice although I'll have to keep it to a once a week or so cause it can get pricey and if I had bottles I'd be drinking it everyday. I'm gonna stock up and give then to my bro to hold on too because I'll bet money the DEA is just stalling to placate everyone it will be schedule one which is really fucking gay but for them its all about the money and pleasing the big pharma company.
How much do you think I should take for the first time? Im a 5'0 150 lbs girl.lm 19 years old as well. [\QUOTE]

https://www.botanical-education.org/bea-introduces-new-kratom-industry-standards-3-advisory-board-members/

Last edited:
I finally found out why the DEA is going after kratom. Some idiot rich kid in Miami area got some Krypton kratom from Europe. Krypton is known to be laced w/ Fentynal. He took a large dose & it killed him. His dad contacted the DEA in D.C. & got some over zealous high rank agent interested as the DEA was already watching kratom since it was stealing millions from the pharma corp. synthetic opiod market. The pharma corp. which gives millions of $$ to the DEA thru illegal lobbying & the rest is history. The DEA though they could sneak the scheduling thru but turns out they were very mistaken & their basically trying to make it look legit.

I can't see anyone needing more than 10-15 grams per dose 2x per day. People forget that Kratom is not supposed to be used to get high. It's a drug just like morphine or opium which can be used for numerous medical reasons. If the DEA's goal is to prevent people from abusing Kratom just to stupidly get high then I'm all for regulation, not banning. I hope they at the least rule a user must be at least 21yrs old to buy Kratom, although it really isn't a public health threat. That's Krypton NOT KRATOM!

I know nothing about the extracts except that they are more money for less drug.
Yep, this and if u want extract just boil down some leaf :) If I've learned ANYTHING bout kratom it's that there is a certain high u can get from it if you eat the right amount. And thats it. Any more and you will feel sick :)

I can't see anyone needing more than 10-15 grams per dose 2x per day. People forget that Kratom is not supposed to be used to get high. It's a drug just like morphine or opium which can be used for numerous medical reasons. If the DEA's goal is to prevent people from abusing Kratom just to stupidly get high then I'm all for regulation, not banning. I hope they at the least rule a user must be at least 21yrs old to buy Kratom, although it really isn't a public health threat. That's Krypton NOT KRATOM!

I agree that most people probably wouldn't need to use more than 10-15g 2x per day, but obviously this isn't a rule. I'm sure there are people out there who enjoy taking more. I think people should be able to use however much they want as often as they want - they just need to take responsibility for their own actions if they over do it and wind up sick from taking too much or addicted from taking it too often.

You say that kratom is not suppose to be used to get high. I disagree. People take drugs for various reasons - one of the most popular reasons is to get high. Kratom is a drug too. Plenty of people take kratom because they enjoy the high it gives. What's wrong with that?

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with that. People should be able to take kratom to get intoxicated (high) just like people are able to take alcohol, nicotine, kava, marijuana (in some places) whatever.

Nobody should be able to tell me that I cannot consume a plant for any reason. Kratom grows on our planet. This is my body. If I want to consume kratom and get high why is that a problem?

I realize that there are many addicts out there who use kratom to simply maintain. I realize they don't want kratom to be banned because of any stigma that may develope because people can get high off it. I get it... They don't want kratom to be illegalized. But, god damnit, it's my body, it's my life and it's a plant that grows on my home planet. If I want to take it simply to keep myself maintained or if I want to take it to get high, then it shouldn't matter either way. Let's be real: Kratom isn't suppose to be used to get high? Says who? The DEA? The "general public"? Fuck them.

The bottom line re: Kratom is regardless why or how much someone uses its simply not a public health threat. No one has ever died as a result of ingesting Kratom. It truly is a miracle leaf. Much like cannabis. I cannot believe Obama refused to legalize it.

The bottom line re: Kratom is regardless why or how much someone uses its simply not a public health threat. No one has ever died as a result of ingesting Kratom. It truly is a miracle leaf. Much like cannabis. I cannot believe Obama refused to legalize it.

Even if he did I'm sure Trump would make it illegal again. Makes me wonder if president-elect and the republican skin tags hanging from his ass will attempt to enforce that weed is still federally illegal and shut down dispensaries all over the US. Sounds absurd with weed being as big as it is but with the republicans having this much control this is their opportunity to make a lot of changes and take us back to the 1950's, after all what's the public going to do about it...protest and say mean things?

I deleted my errant posts. Sorry I contributed to the hijack. I hate it when some idiots do that to my threads.

Kratom is incredible & I hope like hell the DEA doesn't ban it. They should go balls to the wall after that krypton shit though.

I think a large % of K users do so just to get high. This invariably leads to escalating doses &-ultimately wasting alot of K. (2) grams of plain OPMS Silver Thai effects me for 12-15hrs. I think once your body becomes familiar with K it seems to last longer. ???