• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Effexor; recreational effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone talking about trying out different anti-depressants, and not having luck with them.. I highly, highly recommend looking into low doses of Ibogaine over an extended period of time. It's physiological effects are still not very well understood, but it definitely has SSRI effects, and the cumulative effects of noribogaine are, in my opinion, what make it so incredibly effective.

After my first flood dose of Ibogaine, I was still feeling it's effects two months later. And when that started to wean I began using booster and micro doses.

Even at sub-psychoactive doses you can tell that it's building up in you over time.

Um no... way too expensive, plus it's gonna put you in loony land...

ibogaine is rare and unpredictable(its a powerful hallucinogen), and even though its not dangerous/toxic it really wouldn't make for a good antidepressant. it does well for treating drug addiction, but it is illegal and rare in the U.S.

i'd look into other hallucinogens like LSD, ketamine, or MDMA(which have proven positive theraputic effects and are much easier to obtain) for treatment of psychological problems.

It's actually not that expensive if you just buy the root bark. You can get several grams for $20 or so.

And no, it won't put you in loony land at sub-threshold doses..

There are basically three ways to use Ibogaine.

A flood dose is usually 18mg/kg or more. This will knock you on your ass for at least a couple days, but the effects last for months.

A booster dose is something more like 2-4mg/kg, and these can be done with root bark alone (for floods you'd need 25+ grams of rootbark, so either Ibogaine HCL is used, or Ibogaine TA which is a total alkaloid extraction from the root bark, that can be purchased like that, or extracted at home). A booster dose WILL be felt, but the effects are mostly gone after 8 hours or so, and you can still function, though I wouldn't recommend working or anything on that. After the main effects wear off, the glow will last for days.

And then there's micro dosing, which are sub-threshold doses of 1mg/kg or lower. It really doesn't matter how little you take, as long as you keep taking it. Ibogaine breaks down into noribogaine, which is believed to be stored in fat cells, contributing to it's cumulative and long acting effect in the body.

So if you don't want to land in loony land, you can take microdoses daily for a few weeks or so, and you'll end up getting all the effects you need that way. Ibogaine is a really really magical substance and has so many uses. I used it to quit heroin, but was floored at how well it works for depression too.

Flood doses aren't ever really needed more often than every 6 months at the most. Though for most people, one time is all it takes.

Boosters can be used every 1 to 2 weeks, for a couple months or so.

And microdoses are daily, or at least 3-4 days a week, for several months.

Another great thing about Ibogaine is that you will know when you don't need it anymore.. It can be unpleasant, but I don't know very many people who use it for recreation.. I take it when I feel it can help me, and not any more often. The great thing is the more I use it, the more I can tell I don't need it as much anymore.

And yes, it's rare.. But I wouldn't say unpredictable. It's become much more scientific in the past few years. There's a LOT of information about it out there.

And although it is "rare", it's not as hard to get as everyone thinks. There is a very active "Ibogaine Underground" in the US.

I was prescribed effexor and it didn't work for me, wellbutrin is the only antidepressant that has ever worked for me. I do enjoy tramadol though so I don't know why the effexor didn't work, I'm fairly opiate tolerant so I'm pretty sure it's the instant snri effect of tramadol that I like. I hardly ever take tramadol though.

anti depressants are not recreational imo. anti depressants are what you'll end up on after you've abused recreational drugs for too long.... not necessarily true I'm just saying if you want recreational drugs stay away from antidepressants.

Nothing at all, 4get it, forget the similar chemical structure as tramadol, yes but lacks the opiod affinity things. Will make you a bit motivated but with lots of sweating, heart palpitations, maybe, so no sense of well being in it - waist of time and money. Maybe try it with codeine or something and chek out if it gives something.

Remember, tramadol is the safest and the best.You can leave on tramadol for the rest of your life but don't abuse it, too much a day.

Agree w/ utrop, tramadol works wonders. I had a seizure bc I abused it and I have abnormal brain waves but if you don't take too much it's good. I would clean like crazy and get stuff done feeling good. Plus you can get it online from a good source :) I took effexor also, and HATED it. Made my legs move all the time and I couldn't sleep.

Agree w/ utrop, tramadol works wonders. I had a seizure bc I abused it and I have abnormal brain waves but if you don't take too much it's good. I would clean like crazy and get stuff done feeling good. Plus you can get it online from a good source :) I took effexor also, and HATED it. Made my legs move all the time and I couldn't sleep.

Yes. Tramadol is like sunshine in a tablet.

I have to agree with bpayne and IndustrialStrength.

Tramadol also causes a sudden release of serotonin. This is what really gives tramadol it's special little kick. I've been using it for for years and if I run out, I use hydrocodone or oxycodone to help with tram wds. And although the hydro and oxy make me feel great...it just isn't the same as tramadol. They make me drowsy and even a little apathy. Tramadol on the other hand makes me empathetic, motivated, confident, talkative, happy and I'm talking bright sunshine happy.

Even morphine fails to deliver me the feeling that tramadol does.

Wait. This thread is about Effexor. We really shouldn't get off topic I guess. :p

WTF??? you'd take weak ass tramadol over MORPHINE? damn, i rank tramadol with darvocet and below codeine on the recreational opioid scale. hell, i only like tramadol when mixed with benzos and alcohol because it's so weak.

pill poppin animal is exactly right.effexor has a huge potential for recreational use....mixture of benzo and speed.great euphoria.but i geuss it reacts diff for diff people.my opinion?insulflate that shit.you want be sorry.

yes it does imo, my friend told me they were amphetamine tablets and i believed him cos his dad got narcolepsy and takes dextroamphetamine and effexor, we snorted and popped around 300mg and we actually got a buzz and nice high and had fun.
It is stimulating like tramadol, I couldn't take it as made me too agitated after a few days for depression all anti depressants do tho as ive got bipolar or schizophrenia olanzapine 10mg is helping.

Rec Venlafaxine? Don't be silly. Wouldn't advise it for treatment regardless. Miss a dose & you'll get the zaps.

i was prescribed the generic venlafaxine a year ago, it felt like i'd taken a bad E or something - bloody nightmare never again

Status
Not open for further replies.