• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is the best way to have the longest peak on MDMA?

VancouveriteStoner

Greenlighter
I have done pressed caps twice and MDMA white powder in gel caps 4 times and I have had very varying experiences, so I was wondering if some fellow bluelighters could shed some light on the topic.

The first time I rolled I popped two white pressed pills and that was AMAZING (I am going to write a trip report about it soon), but the second time I used pressed caps I did the same amount and only got a small high with a very small peak. That was the last time I ever did pressed caps and the following 4 times I did the MDMA powder (lowest dose was 1 cap, highest was 250mg divided in half parachuted two hrs apart) because I found the high to be as powerful as the first time I did it and I didn't want to risk another 'blue dud' as I like to call those failed pills.

I have never snorted anything (coke, E, ect) but I am not totally opposed if people think railing a line of MDMA at one point or another during the trip will be really beneficial but I don't want that to be the main method of taking the drug.

Plugging (shoving it up my asshole) isn't a possibility... I just don't want to do it.

SO, what is the best way for the longest and highest high? I think next time I do it I'm going to get 2 MDMA gel cap pills. Also I am not in any rush to do MDMA again so I am going to ask a few of my more druggie friends to see if they can get me some good quality stuff. Am I right in thinking that a normal gel cap is around 100mg?

Also I was wondering about combining MDMA and alcohol. One time I spontaneously did the MDMA when I was already drunk and I felt that it might have numbed my high a little which I didn't like. I am up for drinking on MDMA (not a ton) but I was wondering what people though of the combination.

Oh, and I always blaze on MDMA. I find that it nicely complements the high but is mostly overpowered by the MDMA. What are people's thoughts on that combo?

Extra info: I am in my early 20's, 6"3, 190lbs, mentally and physically fit and on no meds (except the occasional adderall as a study drug). And I smoke weed every day.

Thanks!

This depends on how high you want to be during your peak. Here's my answer if what you want is to roll as hard as possible for as long as possible...

Assuming you have 100mg caps of clean mdma (which is a huge assumption), I'd suggest one of two approaches

1) Take the first two each an hour apart, and then, assuming you have a third, take it 1.5 hours after the second

2) This is a more aggresive approach I'd normally suggest to someone who's rolled more than you have...take one every hour on the hour until you're floored. Since you've only rolled a few times, I'd be surprised if you get by 3 caps, again assuming you're able to get more.

Then, I'd guess that after you skip an hour, you'll begin to come down enough to feel like taking more. I've found in my experience that at that point, if you drop one or two more to finish it off, you'll creep up to your peak again for awhile. Really depends how good your caps are and how high your tolerance is. If after that skipped hour, you're still rolling really hard and don't really think you need another pill, I'd stop there for the night.

If you only wind up having 2 caps for the night, I'd space em out 1 hour apart for a shorter harder peak or 1.5 hours apart for a longer less intense peak.

^Let me say again, everything I said above assumes you have clean mdma...if you use the 2nd technique I suggested with some dirty shit, you could fuck yourself up

Alcohol will numb your roll a bit, so if you drink, go real easy. Sometimes I might sip on a beer to "take the edge off" depending on my environment, but really take it easy cause being hungover after rolling sucks big time...big time. Plus, why slow your roll if you don't have to?

Last edited:
I haven't done MDMA in 9 months (I'm big on it being a rare occasion type of drug so I don't overdo it) so my tolerance is probably low.

I think approach number 1 sounds better to me. I'll probably take one pill and then another 1-1.5 hours later. Although a common thing when I roll is that I feel the effects last of everyone who took it. I might get three pills but only if whatever occasion I do it for requires me to be high for a really long time. How much longer do you think the high would last with three pills as opposed to two? Or would it just make me more high?

I was also wondering about eating before popping. I have heard that eating a meal right before may not be a good idea... why is that?

I am going to take my time and ask a couple friends about getting pure (or at least top quality) MDMA... hopefully it works. I know one of the 4 times I took the powder it was GOOD SHIT! It was my first time doing the powder and I had two pills and I got really high off one and then popped half of the other a couple hours after the first one and wow... I was walking on the moon. I didn't even need the other half and gave it away. Unfortunately that dealer moved out of town a year ago :(
That cap and a half got me as fucked or more as when I did 250mg split in two doses.

Ok, glad you mentioned you hadn't rolled in 9 months. I'd stick with just two spaced out by 1 - 1.5 hours. Adding another pill should add another 2 - 3 hours to your high depending on how strong the pills are. How much higher you get will depend on how close together you take the pills.

If you take three, I'd do the first two an hour apart with the third about 1.5 to 2 hours after the second. If you take the third closer to when you took the second (like 1 to 1.5 hours after), you'll still have the first one working on you when the third hits...get ready for lift off :)

I'd wait at least 1 to 1.5 hours after you eat to pop because if you take it too close to a meal, it doesn't hit you as hard. I think it basically gets absorbed more slowly rather than all together because of the food in your stomach.

Definitely take your time to get some good shit and get a test kit...it will save you a ton of money on crap pills. It has nothing to do with whether your friends are honest or their dealers are honest or whatever because the reality is that pressers nowadays are even fooling veteran rollers with cocktails of garbage. Your friends might think they're giving you something good which is not. The only way to tell is by getting a kit. Powder is even easier to adulterate because it's just powder.

Get a kit, test everything, and if the results aren't STELLAR, don't take it. Even the kits can be fooled on occasion with mixtures of mdma and garbage like piperazines, which is why my policy is to only take pills with great test results.

I usually pop 2 tums about 20-30 min before I roll and then when you take your first dose take it with a vitamin c pill. I've also heard taking a no-doz compliments your roll. If you really want to peak hard doing a whip-it is (from what I've heard, never tried it) a great way to make your peak insane, although I'd be careful with that one, not only can you asphyxiate yourself I don't think it's too healthy for your brain either.

Yea, whip-its and e is one of my absolute favorite combinations. For some reason, you can do lots of whip-its on e without the nausea and headache that normally ensues from doing that many whip-its. As long as you're not inhaling out of a garbage bag, I wouldn't worry about asphyxiating yourself. Just don't combine k and whip-its...I've done it many times, but sometimes it hits in a not so good way. Just doesn't feel right. They're both anasthetics, which might have something to do with it. I would really avoid that combo.

Thanks.

I'll either do 2 or 2.5 pills. I'll pop 1 then pop another when when I feel the peak starting (1 hr later prob) and then maybe .5 pills an hour or two after depending how high I am/how good the MDMA is... sound good? Oh and thanks for the eating tip... I won't eat for at least two hours before.

I don't want to get a test kit because I know me, and if I get a test kit I'll want to be testing things.... but I only want to use MDMA very rarely so I can have the 'magic' last for many more years. I'll just have to try and get the best MDMA possible and go with that. It shouldn't be hard.. I live in a big city with druggie connections.

Also I have seen a lot of people talk about vicks inhalers while on MDMA... whats that all about? I assume it feels good.. does it get you higher?

Lol...yea, if you put a little bit under your nose and, if you want, under your eyes, it can make you feel like you're rolling harder. I'd try it if you're rolling somewhere that's not public, like at home or if you're outside somewhere or whatever. I think it's sort of frowned upon at clubs and raves now, sort of like glow sticks. However, if you're the type that doesn't give a fuck, then do you.

Just don't get it in your eyes, or it will burn like a MTF. Also, sometimes it can be annoying or a bit overwhelming, so you might wipe it off after awhile, which sometimes doesn't get it off completely...why I said only need a little.

Would double dropping then taking one more an hour or so later be acceptable for a large body type? I'm pretty inexperienced but I am 6'4" 280lbs and when I first rolled on some untested but seemingly clean capsules, I didn't feel anything until I took my second capsule about an hour after the first. My next roll is end of November... Should I double drop and redose?

Really depends on the pill. Are you sure the first ones you took were good? Were your friends rolling off them? Are they experienced enough to know? What pills were they? Did you eat right before you took them?

From what I've seen and IME, ecstasy seems to be less affected by body weight than say something like alcohol...especially if you haven't rolled very much.

I'd try to find some good high dose clean tested pills and stick with one...make sure it's at least 1 or 2 hours after last meal too. Then, you could take a second pill 1-2 hours later, but I wouldn't double drop them.

Really depends on the pill. Are you sure the first ones you took were good? Were your friends rolling off them? Are they experienced enough to know? What pills were they? Did you eat right before you took them?

From what I've seen and IME, ecstasy seems to be less affected by body weight than say something like alcohol...especially if you haven't rolled very much.

I'd try to find some good high dose clean tested pills and stick with one...make sure it's at least 1 or 2 hours after last meal too. Then, you could take a second pill 1-2 hours later, but I wouldn't double drop them.
I got the capsules from a friend of mine who said they were good. I realize now that is a dumb way to assess pill quality so I have my dancesafe kit in the fridge waiting to be used when I get some more. The only other person who took them was my girl and she was having a good time but I think she was effected less than myself due to her SSRI usage. I didn't think my experience was speedy, I wasn't paranoid... I had intense empathy and joy. I would say I'm more self conscious than most on a daily basis and those feeling were completely dissolved during my roll. I know that isn't very helpful when trying to assess purity but that's all I have for now. I'll start with one pill and go from there I guess, especially if it tests well.

Sounds like you had some decent pills, so yea I'd suggest taking 1 to start, then 1 more an hour later...there will still be overlap, which is why I wouldn't double drop. Your roll will be longer and smoother and your tolerance won't skyrocket so quickly.

Drinking whilst coming towards the peak usually intensifies the roll for me, and then continuing to drink just a bit, maybe 1 or 2 shots every hour depending on the person, and then when the peak starts to slightly fade just start drinking like you are trying to get drunk and it keeps that "up" feeling going for another hour or two if you drink enough and space the drinking out enough. Also if you take 1 or 2 5htp suppliments before popping it increases the rate at which your brain will recover serotonin which I'm sure you are aware of. Also a side note, popping after the first pop is usually usless due to the fact that you will have most likely depleted all of your serotonin by the time you come down off of your peak and this is why resorting to drinking will turn to dopamine to help keep you up and running. The extra mdma you may use again would only possibly be giving you an energy boost which in turn just is worthless because it makes the next day kinda crappy if you do too much in one night.

Drinking whilst coming towards the peak usually intensifies the roll for me, and then continuing to drink just a bit, maybe 1 or 2 shots every hour depending on the person, and then when the peak starts to slightly fade just start drinking like you are trying to get drunk and it keeps that "up" feeling going for another hour or two if you drink enough and space the drinking out enough. Also if you take 1 or 2 5htp suppliments before popping it increases the rate at which your brain will recover serotonin which I'm sure you are aware of. Also a side note, popping after the first pop is usually usless due to the fact that you will have most likely depleted all of your serotonin by the time you come down off of your peak and this is why resorting to drinking will turn to dopamine to help keep you up and running. The extra mdma you may use again would only possibly be giving you an energy boost which in turn just is worthless because it makes the next day kinda crappy if you do too much in one night.
This is dangerous advice. NEVER POP A 5 htp BEFORE a roll. Serotonin syndrome anyone? Also I know YMMV. But drinking on MDMA usually cause blacks out and loss of memory when over done. Intensifying the roll...probably not so much.

take a non-methylated mdma analogue....ie MDA, 6-apdb, 6 apb....these all last much longer

^ Yeah my first roll was MDA... I was still rolling 10 hours after dosing... albeit not peaking anymore but still... MDMA is gone in about 6 for me... from the start of feeling effects to when I'm ready for bed. MDA keeps me feeling the roll for at least 8 hours and makes me trip another few hours after that.

NEVER POP A 5 htp BEFORE a roll. Serotonin syndrome anyone?

The risk of this actually occurring is next to none. It requires agents that work together in synergy to drastically increase serotonin to cause the syndrome. Honestly, 5-HTP is so shit at actually increasing levels of serotonin in the brain and doesn't have any way of releasing it so it's really unlikely to actually happen. You might get an increased release of serotonin but nowhere near the degree required for SS to occur.

The risk of this actually occurring is next to none. It requires agents that work together in synergy to drastically increase serotonin to cause the syndrome. Honestly, 5-HTP is so shit at actually increasing levels of serotonin in the brain and doesn't have any way of releasing it so it's really unlikely to actually happen. You might get an increased release of serotonin but nowhere near the degree required for SS to occur.

I stand corrected. Thanks JWills.