• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Rohypnol - written by pzykig

Thelazer

Bluelighter
What is Rohypnol, or a

++ As posted by pzykiq 09 June 2000 12:26 AM ++

Rohypnol (Fluntrazepam) Roche (US/Europe)
Flunipam (Flunitrazepam) Alpharma (Europe)
These are synonym-products.

I do flunitrazepam pretty often, either combined with alcohol or taken separately.
All in all I guess I've had about 100 tablets for recreational use.

Flunitrazepam has a number of desired effects that other benzodiazepines don't have, in fact it's very unlike the others.

Firstly, flunitrazepam is not supposed to be used while staying awake. It's a hypnotic sedative, which means it's a sleeping tablet that also has a sedative (physically/psychologically relaxing effects).

What makes flunitrazepam more of a drug for recreational use than the other benzodiazepines is that it does not make you drowsy or sleepy, the hypnotic effects are not noticeable, but you seem to fall asleep suddenly if you for instance lie in bed.

Here's a list of desired, neutral and unwanted effects of rohypnol. (These effects may be individual and may of course vary by dosage.)

Desired effects
- Laughing kicks.
- Increased physical sensitivity. (Does not cause reduced potency like for instance oxazepam)
- Increased desire to explore things.
- Sharpened vision.
- Objects look nicer (People often claim that they've stolen things while being intoxicated by flunitrazepam)
- Increased creativity.
- Sometimes a small sensation of euphoria like with other benzodiazepams.
Neutral effects;
- Sweaty hands.
- Amnesia (This means you often forget what happened approx. the last half an hour before you fell asleep or before the effects stopped, this is one of the reasons why it's often related to as a perfect 'date-rape drug')

Negative effects
- Spontaneous actions might occur; such as stealing things, aggressive reactions (you might seem to act before you think, or act without thinking at all)
- Reduced ability to make serious considerations (You might take part in doing things you normally wouldn't do, this is another one of the reasons why it's referred to as a date-rape drug.}
- Memory Loss/Amnesia
- Sudden sleepiness. This means the hypnotic effects might start working at times where they usually wouldn't. (Ex. falling asleep in strange positions, places etc -DO NOT DRIVE WHILE ON FLUNTRAZEPAM-)
Note - as you may do things you normally wouldn't do don't hang out in potentially dangerous environments.
- Headaches/confusion. Headaches might occure after large doses if you're very physically active. Confusion might occure a couple of days after if you've had large doses.

It should be taken under consideration that these effects are taken out of own experience and might vary individually.

Dosage
Flunitrazepam as the substance is named, or rohypnol as the product is known as in the US, and also Flunipamn in Europe comes in 0,5mg and 1mg tablets. (Maybe also 2mg in some countries)

In treatment of sleeping disorders the usual maximum dosage given at a time is 2mg's.
The desired effects usually start to show from 0,5mg-1mg. Like with other drugs or prescription drugs, you should start off taking a little and then taking more if you feel like it when the effect shows. As mentioned earlier, flunitrazepam may cause decreased sense of judgement, you might do stupid things, be careful if there are other drugs nearby. It's often mentioned that people with psychological problems should eb consulted with a doctor before using flunitrazepam.

Notice: Flunitrazepam is really supposed to be used under the treatment of sleeping disorders, prescribed by doctors. It's not supposed to be used as a recreational drug and it is illegal to carry large quantities. You might be suspected of dealing.

UnderscoreOmega added:
You can scorn my sckeptical ass if you'd like, but I've turned these down on the principle that these are considered a "date rape" drug.
Though I have heard of people using them in a responsible, recreational way... if I wanna get that sedate, I just do three bumps of K and I am satisfied.

On a final note, these two drugs are in a class of “Date Rape Drugs” this means that should you be caught with large amounts of them. You’re going to be in for a lot more jail time. You'd be wise to stay away from them.

Last edited by a moderator: