• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

xanax and vicodin, safe to mix?

tenshu2k

Bluelighter
is it safe to mix the two?

vicodin is 5mg/500mg apap

xanax is .25 mg.

not recreational doses. taking vic for pain (got mugged yesterday), xanax for anxiety/alc withdrawal symptoms.

i would say it is safe. those are low (almost as low as they can get) doses of each drug.

you might even catch a *little tiny* buzz with them combined if you have no tolerance to either of them..

Have fun. Be safe. %)

Im sure you'll be fine. You didnt mention your tolerance though, if you have a tolerance dont worry about it, if you dont definately dont over do it.

Im actually on 140 mg oxycontin and .75mg xanax right now but I have a tolerance, typing this with one eye open one eye closed right now so the screen is clear.. lol

yea no tolerance here. though, after taking the vic, pain hasnt really subsided. wonder if i need more.

yea no tolerance here. though, after taking the vic, pain hasnt really subsided. wonder if i need more.

Please don't take more unless you feel a pretty abosolute need to do so.
Wait as long as you can before you think about dosing higher.
Uneeded dosing usually just leads to addiction and/or trouble.
If you do decide that you need more than up the dose by 1\3 a pill I would say next time you dose and take it from there.If that aint enough than dose another 1/3 and so forth.
No need to double your dose/take a whole 'nother pill if it is possibly going to be to much.

And to answer your question,youll be fine.Even both at once and you would be fine.POSSIBLY may catch a light buzz but nothing more I am sure.

Last edited:
three threads last two days about taking a single benzo tab or pill with a single opiate pill....

Well, I prefer those to the "I just took a fucking handful of random pills, will I be OK?" threads.

Well, I prefer those to the "I just took a fucking handful of random pills, will I be OK?" threads.

Rofl, one I remember very well was "I just found my grandmas OC 80's and took three. I have no tolerance but they're small pills so I should be ok, right?"

it's one of my favorite combos, usually take 1mg of xanax with 15-30mg of hydro and it feels greaaaaaaaaat. one thing i've noticed personally tho, is the xanax will dull the opiate if you take it a) a half hour or less BEFORE or a half hour or less AFTER. if you take them both at the same time you're usually pretty good. i've never had any problems with this, in fact i think its waaaaaaaay safer than a few beers and 10mg of vicodin. alchie and opiates always led to a lot of respiratory depression and puking, mixing benzos and opiates has never had that result.

You'll be fine.
5mg of hydrocodone and 0.25mg of alprazolam is safe for most of us.