• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Pure Methylphenidate question....

Ginger Jack

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,
I recently aquired myself a few 36mg Concerta extended release pills. And I am trying to crush up the pills (that are extremly hard to do) and I've relized that there are two form od powder within the pills, a white powder and gray powder. Does anyone know what the differance of these two powders are? In the past I have just not really took it to thought and snorted both powders together. But I would like to get the the actual methylphenidateout of the pill.
So my question is...
-Which color powder would contain the actual methylphenidate for me to snort.....the white or the gray?

Thanx

There is essentially no difference of the powders, however, I'm pretty sure there are three colors inside concerta.

If you take off the coating, you'll realize there is a rock hard casing you can't crush. At the end of the capsule there is a little hole. This serves as the basis for concerta's time release function. When you take the pill, water enters the pill slowly causing a sponge to expand, and push the methlyp. out the hole, to be absorbed.

I'm was almost positive there were three colors, two of which being the active ingredient, the third being the sponge, and I'm almost positive the grey section is the sponge.

Two things to do if you ever have a chance
1)get a razor and just cut open the pill :)
2)Put the pill in a cup of water, warm water will speed this up, but just don't use hot. After time you'll see the sponge thing pushing out the medicine, then can drink the water for instant release

correction....
JamtasticX your right, there is in fact three seperate powders, a drak gray, a yellow, and a white.
I'm comming to the conclusion that keeping the yellow and white powders are my best bet.

To my understanding what you want to keep is the white layer, yellow layer and the coating (yes the part you removed). The grey part is used to absorb the other two layers and degrade slower making the time release function. I know somebody who took off a bunch of coatings and left them around, then used them a while later not knowing that they contained any drug and got really high from just coatings. I personally tried to snort those pills without knowing not to use the grey part. It does not taste like drugs and I am pretty positive there are no drugs in it. Just throw that part away. Dont try and snort any of the pill, but if you are determined for your sake leave the grey part out.

about that friend....
how did he go about taking those coatings? did he swallow them?

about that friend....
how did he go about taking those coatings? did he swallow them?

keep the outside coatings as I believe they contain a small amount of the drug, you gotta cut the pill in half so the white part and grey are seperate halfs, then you have to cut the white half vertically so it spilts and looks like --> U then you have to use something pointy and scrape the white stuff out, its snortable and will give you that rush but it will make your nose sticky if you do to much.

don;t concerta utilise the L OROS (scroll down to L-OROS) time release technologies? hence the different coloured layers.

it's used in a hydromorphone ER pill

mann sounds like too much trouble.. my friend used to give me 2 56mg concertas everyday at work (in exchange i smoked a blunt with him) and i always took them orally, if u want to toot ur uppers then get ritalin, dex, add, focalin..but not concerta...too much cutting and slicing and picking just to have it go up your nose

I remember in college my gf at the time was prescribed concerta and focalin, she never took the concerta and only half the focalins so she gave me the rest. I did some research on the concerta time release pill and found an information PDF released by the manufacturer of concerta which explained in detail how the pill worked. There are 3 releases of medication with the pill, the coating is instant release which dissolves almost immediately in your stomach so save those coatings and just swallow them with water. A little while later a second dose is released, and then a couple of hours after that a third dose is released. Get rid of the gray shit, it's the sponge part but keep the yellow, white, and coating.

^ how long does it need to soak? Overnight?

I think they are 12 hour time release, and they only need water, not some acid solution.

Soaking for 12 hours should give the full release, and you can eat the sponge/pill if you want to try to get every bit, but not really needed

I think they are 12 hour time release, and they only need water, not some acid solution.

Soaking for 12 hours should give the full release, and you can eat the sponge/pill if you want to try to get every bit, but not really needed

im going to do that the next time i happen to stumble across these things
only i wouldnt want to wait 12 hours for that shit

OK iGot 1 for you

Hey everyone,
I recently aquired myself a few 36mg Concerta extended release pills. And I am trying to crush up the pills (that are extremly hard to do) and I've relized that there are two form od powder within the pills, a white powder and gray powder. Does anyone know what the differance of these two powders are? In the past I have just not really took it to thought and snorted both powders together. But I would like to get the the actual methylphenidateout of the pill.
So my question is...
-Which color powder would contain the actual methylphenidate for me to snort.....the white or the gray?

Thanx

This is what you do--please follow these steps for the best results

by the way i just copy and pasted this from Laterz--smart guy or gal

the method I use is more indicated when you are going to use the MPH intravenously, so there are barely any residues left in the solution. What you need is a some 10mL syringes, coffee filters and cotton.
This method is called backloading. In your cases, crush the pills and use large amounts of alcohol to dissolve them. Let the insoluble inerts get to the bottom of the flask. Prepare a syringe shucking in a layer of cotton, then a layer of reasonably sized sliced coffee filters and then another layer of cotton and then re-attach the plunger pushing down the filters. Put on strenght. Remove the plunger and you'll see the filters are laying on the end of the syringe. Get another empty and sterile flask. Use another syringe to suck in the solution with few insolubles (since these will be in the bottom of the flask) and squirt this solution on the backloading syringe, put the plunger in and push down the now filtered contents into the empty flask. Do the same process over and over again until you see that there are resting a little bit of solution and the insolubles on the original flask. If the filters clog (unlikely), remove the filters and insert brand new cotton/coffee filters/cotton layers.
Like I said this procedure is mostly used for preparing IV shots, but in the end when the alcohol evaporates you'll have the purest methylphenidate possible to snort or whatever you're going to do.
Mind you I am suggesting ethanol because of the gelatin on the pills, with normal IRs water is much more recommended.

try that

Last edited:
don;t concerta utilise the L OROS (scroll down to L-OROS) time release technologies? hence the different coloured layers.

it's used in a hydromorphone ER pill

Indeed, they use the Push-Pull time release system. Makes them a bit of a pain in the ass to get into, but it can be done.

To my understanding what you want to keep is the white layer, yellow layer and the coating (yes the part you removed). The grey part is used to absorb the other two layers and degrade slower making the time release function. I know somebody who took off a bunch of coatings and left them around, then used them a while later not knowing that they contained any drug and got really high from just coatings. I personally tried to snort those pills without knowing not to use the grey part. It does not taste like drugs and I am pretty positive there are no drugs in it. Just throw that part away. Dont try and snort any of the pill, but if you are determined for your sake leave the grey part out.

The dark grey part of the inside is the osmotic material and contains no active ingredient. The white and cream colored portions (roughly half the tablet) contain the active ingredient. The coating also contains a small amount of the active ingredient. Since it needs to be removed, one can use a wet towel or simply lick the coating off, although I imagine it would taste less than pleasant.

This thread highlights a method of extracting and purifying a concerta tablet.

Whether snorting or injecting, always remember to micron filter. Using only cotton for this type of tablet is completely inadequate, because of the binders and fillers present in this tablet.

Talkum is really not good for your lungs. And why are you all tryin to crush retarded medication when there is non retarded methylphenidate (ritalin) - orally you'll have the best bioavaibility, believe an old ADHD-woman... ;)

JJ