• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Black Tar Heroin and IM injection

I never said that IMing was a way to reduce harm.
I just said that you're taking a set of risks and trading it out for a very different other set of risks. Basically, I said that both are dangerous in different ways and I prefer the risk profile of IM injection.

If this is true, you should have not created this post.
The message of Bluelight IS harm reduction.

Last edited:
The problem with this guide is that it does not reduce any additional harms over someone who just filters once and shoots. The primary harms from IM tar are caused by bacterial contamination. Filtering the mix twice doesn't address this at all. It may reduce particle contamination but then a lot of the time the particles cause sterile abscesses, which aren't much to worry about anyway.

The only time IM tar without a micron filter should be considered is when someone has lost all accessible veins and they have no choice. The "tradeoff" the OP talks about between collapsed veins and an abscess is off the mark. There are potentially fatal risks associated with IM black tar which are not present for IV use. There are worse complications than an abscess.

I did most of these steps for an IV prep of black tar (my first time ever handling it) and I missed a little bit, there is still a lump under my skin (it's been about 40 mins) other than that everything is fine, how worried should I be? I just brang it to boil to prevent bacteria because I thought I might miss. I did a hot compress but not for long enough really and wiped down with han d sanitizer (all I had on me). How worried should I be?

I did most of these steps for an IV prep of black tar (my first time ever handling it) and I missed a little bit, there is still a lump under my skin (it's been about 40 mins) other than that everything is fine, how worried should I be? I just brang it to boil to prevent bacteria because I thought I might miss. I did a hot compress but not for long enough really and wiped down with han d sanitizer (all I had on me). How worried should I be?

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you.. sounds like a typical missed shot and it will go down. Keep the hot compress on it for 15-20 minutes than switch to an icepack to kill the swelling.

Also, for future reference.. you do not need to cook your H. The amount of time you would have to cook it to really kill bacteria would be a very long time and you'd end up loosing all of your H. All your doing by cooking it is releasing the nasty cuts into your mix which is not good at all for you. BTH is harmful enough on your veins, you don't want to melt the foreign cuts into your shot. Heroin is very water soluble.. it may take longer with tar to break down in water than powder, but it will break down nonetheless.

By the way, you know you posted in a thread that's over 2 years old right? Ha.

Instead of going through all that trouble and danger, why don't you plug your heroin if you're looking to use less product ? It's 10x safer and the BA is still very high.

IM black tar. Wow. Why.

1) IV or plug, you're doing a disgusting combo of both almost. If you're using a needle might as well IV. And if you don't wanna IV, plug, extremely efficient good rush.
2) if what you're getting is somewhat pure, I cannot imagine the pain/burn/allergic reaction this will cause
3) just why? Why?

^ Because he's a moron. I hadn't even thought of the histamine release, good point.

I'm going to give plugging another go next time I get my hands on some smack (which will be very soon), never had any positive results from it, but with my current zero tolerance it may be worth it.
What's better? Snorting or plugging? I get high purity China White so I <3 snorting but when tolerance reaches a certain point and supplies are low I'll shoot.

Plugging has a considerably higher BA.

Hmmmm??Really plugging

Plugging has a considerably higher BA.
I've never plugged well I take that back. Many yrs ago some Molly but never BTH. I've just started my journey with H and at first was getting decent, now however it's all been garbage so today got hands on some tar and was just trying to get the breakdown method with the fullest or best affect.
So like with pks like Ds boiling cancels out??
I Appreciate this site and all the advice or should I say" tips" instead . I've read a lot of bashing and criticizing. While I still know "drugs are bad mmk" and IVing is frowned upon. For now I'm choosing the later. Thanks for feedback if any

That is not AT ALL true, I have muscled, and plugged black tar heroin, and I can say that IM is very close to IV if you do it in the right spot, like the peak of your deltoid or your ass. IM'ing BTH has a much faster onset too, I could feel an IM shot of BTH within 3 minutes, sometimes within 1 if I was sick enough.

One thing that I disagree with in the OP is about boiling the tar. I have cold cooked shots and I have cooked my shots until they bubbled, and honestly never noticed a difference in terms of potency. Now it goes without saying, you don't want to boil the fuck out of it, but if you heat it till it bubbles, that'll be fine, then stir it up. Also, boiling it makes it a lot safer for IM injection as you're more likely to kill any bacteria. At the same time you're also melting down insoluble cuts, but shit, you're already shooting black tar heroin, and chances are that in order to get all your heroin drawn up you're going to have to melt down all the inactive shit too. I read somewhere though that there are more incidents of HIV and HEP C on the EC from IV drug use then the west coast, I wish I could remember where I saw that but it was attributed to the heating of the tar heroin. I kind of find the HEP C part hard to believe though because in NY almost no one had it that I knew and then in Oakland it seemed like even the non drug using population MUST have it lol.

IM is very different from SC injection I should mention, it is not the same as a missed shot either, it has a much higher BA, a missed shot would just barely get me well, a muscled shot would get me high. It's key when you're muscling NOT to share needles with someone else, and to use clean equipment every time. I've had one abscess and its because I let a friend use a cooker of mine and he had a staph infection. While this might seem like an obvious to some, for people shooting heroin on the street, it is not, people quickly stop caring, especially when there sick, even if they are educated in harm reduction.

I personally think it's better to learn how to hit your deep veins (but learn it right) than to resort to IM'ing BTH, but either way its kind of playing with fire. However it's good there is a thread on the topic because people will do this regardless. I've seen a million people swear that they would quit the day they couldn't hit a vein and would never muscle, and did they quit? No, they muscled, or started hitting their femoral vein, Deep Brachial, or jugular. This is one of those kind of touchy subjects, but it's important to discuss, and to realize the reality is almost 100% of drug addicts are not going to give the needle a break once they start having difficulty hitting. I personally muscled the shit for about six weeks until I got an abscess and then I learned how to hit my femoral, which for the next year and a half until I quit never failed me, though it's not the kind of thing you can teach yourself, you need to have someone show you, and do it for you and then be around you when your doing it by yourself the first few times.

oh and I find plugging tar far more painful than muscling it. same with insufflation.

Some of us sadly do not have the option to even IV anymore so I did the IM thing for a year and actually begin to prefer it over IV because it lasts so much longer but after a year I just recently switched where I got my heroin from and sure enough my arms are f***** and I'm pretty scared actually. But I remember a time sitting with blood all over me and on the floor and in tears after an hour of trying to hit so I guess no matter what it's kind of like we're doing heroin with needles so there's some kind of price to pay but basically as if you were to IV properly you would always have veins if you were to IM properly then you will always have muscle so if she's all about doing it right because I definitely wasn't filtering it enough and I'm sure that's why I now and in my situation. Sorry if I sound rude I just was almost jealous that I don't have the option of IV any longer.. maybe if I got a Dr or nurse husband haha

I was actually looking for a post on this in HR because I wanted to know how to do this and not get abscesses.
I believe this thread would have been more helpful if the OP would have included injection sites. (Or maybe I just overlooked it?)

HRC's getting off right pamphlet has instruction on where to IM I believe (tops of thighs, muscles on upper arms, etc).

The length of needle necessary depends on one's particular physique and body as well as the spot chosen to inject.

I exclusively IM'd for a number of years. I definitely did develop a minor pre-abscess infection once or twice, but never had any serious issues requiring medical attention. To a certain degree I was lucky, but mostly it was the result of being as careful as possible about keeping things sterile and being careful to rotate injection sites. I've come to meet more than a handful of people who have been IMing for years without issue.

i'm terrible at IV'ing No. 3 heroin.
is no.3 in anyway similar to BTH? could it be IM'd effectively like has shown in this thread?

I forget the numbering system, but if it's like heroin hcl then yes it can be IV'd or IM'd or IS'd just like tar or ECP. If it is heroin freebase you'll need to add something to convert it into a salt before it is suitable for injection.

I'd experiment with smoking, plugging and waterlining/sniffing before I tried injection use.

Greets keeping,hope you are fine!!
Well,ME too,but prob much aDA worse.
You know i found the vein between biceps and triceps,JUST by reading here and that douche letting TV(USA!)film her doing in front of parents,interception they call it.Dont want to Start YOU on that Way,i just tried switching back to smoking,but no foil! Oil(meth)pipe was fixed horizontal,lab thermo pushed straight from top hole to bottom.Was surprised,heat took nearly ~9-10 seconds to reach 150 C. Tip of flame where hottest aimed at thermo bulb,only glass between.I think thats below vaporization point and mix in caffeine always.Think thick glass,moving flame seems to give a little play before scorching.Will save this Great vein for specials like ampoules ,me 50 and NOvein left,xept groin and neck.done twice by a girl who was nurse,never again.my are soo bad,bloodtest nearly impossible,sent Home after 2 hours once and now IKnow this(!)fatty!!!
But will RESIST IT and smoke! Just gotta find more info on vaporization temp.
Much luck to you,PLEASE DONT IM BTH!!! Iving i can understand the urge,wasted whole life on this and still Check the BA of im and the risks,it really aint worth it.
Me in close place,but it CAN be done!!! An old guy once told me u can go back to smoking,perfekt ur technique and after bout Week will start feeling it mo and mo!Phwewlong rant on Tel.,be vary of foil and save that vein.Straight in between bi and tri,if No register pull back sloow or hit me up
Best 2 you
Mo

I was actually looking for a post on this in HR because I wanted to know how to do this and not get abscesses.
I believe this thread would have been more helpful if the OP would have included injection sites. (Or maybe I just overlooked it?)

OP has since passed away. :(

Not sure why this thread was brought back from the dead, but I'll add my two cents:

If you're at the point where you've run out of veins maybe it's time to switch ROAs to water lining or even smoking.

I used to muscle tar all the time and it nearly cost me my limbs.

No matter how sterile you are IMing tar WILL lead to an abscess!

Oh, Jesus, I just noticed that the OP has since passed away.

I don't know how it happened, but please keep in mind that if you IM tar you are asking for trouble. Trust me, I have the scar tissue to prove it.

We just lost a good friend (only 22 years old!) due to sepsis from an abscess as the result of muscling.