• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Ginger root or ginger pills?

angryteabag

Bluelighter
Hey guys, i hear ginger is a fantastic remedy for nausea (which i get a lot of because of a stomach condition i currently have).
Reading up on the internet i see that ginger is a fantastic remedy for it, but all of the websites recommend ginger pill dosages

So:

1 box of ginger pills has 100 pills that are 500mg each (50grams in total) and cost $25 (NZD)

I can buy 1kg of ginger root for $6

I can also buy a kg of ginger candy for $10 and ginger beer for $2 each

Can i just chew on a gram of fresh ginger root every few hours and have the same effect as ginger pills or does it only work in pill form?
Also would ginger beer/candy have the same effect?

any ginger works great. it really does kick ass for nausea. candied root is great, or just get raw root and shave some into a cup, pour it up with hot water and you have ginger tea which is just as effective. for the pills i imagine you're just paying out the ass to have someone grind it and cap it so you don't have to taste it but it's not like they will be an extract or anything that's genuinely more complex than taking a root and figuring out the best way to consume it yourself

the more natural the better....if you cant get ginger root I can see how the pills can be a good substitute but if you can get fresh, whole raw ginger by all means GO FOR IT!

ginger root, ground it down and use hot water and make a tea, it can be drunk cold as well so you could always put it in a bottle and take with you.
another way is to use it in a boiled sweet so you can just take a sweet with natural ginger in it.
Another one that is good is peppermint for helping with nausea, it is also good for indigestion so if you have that as well it could help kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

The fresh root chopped up an in tea works brilliant and is so cheap - the root lasts for ages in the fridge but if your on a budget it also freezes quite well also.

The fresh root chopped up an in tea works brilliant and is so cheap - the root lasts for ages in the fridge but if your on a budget it also freezes quite well also.

you can always dry it out and store in an airtight container or jar and it lasts months.
another thing you can do is chop up small pieces and place it in ice cubes so you can just take out enough for one tea a day or whatever your needs are.