Bluelight

Thread: how long does 1 tab of acid usually last?

1. Collapse Details
    how long does 1 tab of acid usually last? 
    and how long do my pupils stay dilated for

2. Collapse Details

FOREVARRRRRR!!!!

nah but really, you'll be back to normal after a day. i took 8 tabs of acid that weekend there and i was trippin for 2 days solid.
    (keep in mind i was smoking fine hashish and on shrooms and mdma too)

3. Collapse Details

Well sega420 I've had my trip continue for three months before I finally got back to normal. But that was fifteen hits over two days which kept me going for three days. I'd say though as long as your brain isn't like mine you should be good after a day or so. You might have an after glow dream like state for up to a couple days but you should be fine after that

4. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Drug Studies
    Quote Originally Posted by drexen16 View Post
    Well sega420 I've had my trip continue for three months before I finally got back to normal. But that was fifteen hits over two days which kept me going for three days. I'd say though as long as your brain isn't like mine you should be good after a day or so. You might have an after glow dream like state for up to a couple days but you should be fine after that
    I've had my trip continue for three months before I finally got back to normal.
    I hope that was a typo haha.

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details

Wait... Three months or three days? If the latter then yeah, sounds pretty typical for a high dose stretched over 2 days to begin with. If you mean the former... Well, the selfish part of me wants you to head to a hospital for extensive testing to figure out what could cause such a thing, and the more responsible part wants to advise you to steer clear of psychedelics at least until you figure out what caused such a response. I've never heard of something like that with acid, but I know with some other drugs a redonkulous increase in duration like that is often a sign of an enzyme deficiency that prevents the drug from being metabolized at the normal rate. The only thing I can think of is a long lasting MAOI - I assume LSD interacts with them in a similar way to the 'true tryptamines'?

7. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    Raw evil - yes yes yes...lol

8. Collapse Details

Louisville, the only city in KY worth a damn
    one tab of acid means nothing. its all about the doseage that is on it. there could be 1 microgram or 100 on that thing.

9. Collapse Details

^^^ wow useful anwsers guys.

If you have one average hit, Your looking to be actually tripping for 6 - 8 hours, and still feeling the effects (including dilate pupils) for 10 - 12 hours after ingestion. This is only an estimate from my previous experiences and it could vary a couple of hours either way.

10. Collapse Details

Louisville, the only city in KY worth a damn
    ^what? it IS totaly doseage dependant. what "average" is to you may be vastly different than what it is to me. I've had single hits knock me on my ass and take me to la-la land for 12 hours, and I've had ones where I just grazed threshold for less than an hour.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by exarkann View Post
    ^what? it IS totaly doseage dependant. what "average" is to you may be vastly different than what it is to me. I've had single hits knock me on my ass and take me to la-la land for 12 hours, and I've had ones where I just grazed threshold for less than an hour.
    Well said.

With this being said you really don't know but most likely it'll be anywhere from 6-14 hours.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by melvin420 View Post
    Well said.

With this being said you really don't know but most likely it'll be anywhere from 6-14 hours.
    what they said is right. heres my break down on 1 hit of good blotter.
    peak in 2
    last 6 good hours
    down after 8
    feel the effects for 12-14.

13. Collapse Details

god knows, but that weekend i ingested roughly 1000ug - 1200ug.
    all i know is the stars were communicating to me in bleeps and twinkles n shit, constellations were moving about, spaceships were whizzing all over the sky,
    and there was a geometric alien lightshow above my head the whole time.

2 days solid of trippin face...
    ooft

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    what they said is right. heres my break down on 1 hit of good blotter.
    peak in 2
    last 6 good hours
    down after 8
    feel the effects for 12-14.

This about sums it up for me. With a decent hit of acid, i can sleep 8 hours after i drop, give or take.

Pupils will not be dilated the next day , though you probably won't feel 100% normal until the day after that.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sega420 View Post
    FOREVARRRRRR!!!!

nah but really, you'll be back to normal after a day. i took 8 tabs of acid that weekend there and i was trippin for 2 days solid.
    (keep in mind i was smoking fine hashish and on shrooms and mdma too)
    sounds like my kind of weekend

16. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Film and Television
    Trip Reports
    Current Events & Politics
    Quote Originally Posted by Sega420 View Post
    god knows, but that weekend i ingested roughly 1000ug - 1200ug.
    all i know is the stars were communicating to me in bleeps and twinkles n shit, constellations were moving about, spaceships were whizzing all over the sky,
    and there was a geometric alien lightshow above my head the whole time.

2 days solid of trippin face...
    ooft
    Star watching is amazing while tripping. It always reminds me of thousands of florecent fireflies moving about. Or cosmic ocean waves crashing into one another.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by solistus View Post
    Wait... Three months or three days? If the latter then yeah, sounds pretty typical for a high dose stretched over 2 days to begin with. If you mean the former... Well, the selfish part of me wants you to head to a hospital for extensive testing to figure out what could cause such a thing, and the more responsible part wants to advise you to steer clear of psychedelics at least until you figure out what caused such a response. I've never heard of something like that with acid, but I know with some other drugs a redonkulous increase in duration like that is often a sign of an enzyme deficiency that prevents the drug from being metabolized at the normal rate. The only thing I can think of is a long lasting MAOI - I assume LSD interacts with them in a similar way to the 'true tryptamines'?
    No, it was three months long. I was getting breathing ground and intense visuals and some paranoia.

The doctors said it was an LSD induced psychosis