• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subs/shoot=NO!

No they are not safe to shoot because they contain Naloxone so if you shoot them it will send you in to full withdrawl. Any body who has a sub film perscription ask your doctor for the 75$ off card or print it on the suboxone website. it will be much cheaper.Also, you can cut the 8mg strips into pieces and they last and still work just fine.

No they are not safe to shoot because they contain Naloxone so if you shoot them it will send you in to full withdrawl. Any body who has a sub film perscription ask your doctor for the 75$ off card or print it on the suboxone website. it will be much cheaper.Also, you can cut the 8mg strips into pieces and they last and still work just fine.

HAHHA...thr nalaxone doesnt do ANYTHING. You CAN Inject these strips just like you can inject the pills. Ive been injecting the pills 3 times a day for months now and not once have I gone into withdrawals. In fact, it ives me a euphoric rush. I think you need to do some reading about suboxone on BL before you start making posts like that. Im not trying to be rude but that is just blatantantly false.

There are MANY MANY people on this website that inject there suboxone on a daily basis, which proves what you are saying wrong. I really am not trying to be rude here its jsut that I can tell by what you said that you have done VERY LITTLE research on whether or not that statement you made is true or false.....and I think its important before you post, to make sure what your saying makes sense, as to not spread false information, especially through the BL community, which is full of people looking for answers to questions, and they expect those answers to be truthfull.

Last edited:
I'm Rather stoked I am on subutex I really feel bad for you guys with these films they prolly gonnan suck anyway./.. GEt on subutex if you can its cheaper and better all around wont make you sick or depressed like Suboxone does cuz of shitty Naloxone

Good luck to everyone

I'm Rather stoked I am on subutex I really feel bad for you guys with these films they prolly gonnan suck anyway./.. GEt on subutex if you can its cheaper and better all around wont make you sick or depressed like Suboxone does cuz of shitty Naloxone

Good luck to everyone

Actually, the suboxone gives me euphoria, energy, and acts as an anti-depressant......i am more than happy taking my suboxone. Of course I dont take it as prescribed. I only take 0.5mg doses so that bupernorphines full agonist metabolite norbupernorphine can bind to my brains open receptors and give me all these euphoric and beneficial effects. the nalaxone is comletely inactive and i have never had any problems with it.

Good luck to everyone

Not everyone reacts negatively to Suboxone.

yeah naloxone does suck ass, but its really not that noticeable with suboxone. sometimes if you take too much you do get a headache. wow, im fucked up.

I just switched to the strips yesterday after seeing my doctor. The topic of the new formulation film was brought up almost immediately, and I was given a choice to try them out. Including the $75 discount card and no insurance I paid ~$35 for 10 strips. I found them to dissolve in about 1/4 of the time it takes for me when taking suboxone tablets, less than 5 minutes. To my disappointment the film was exactly the same taste as the tablets. Either way I was much happier; it look a lot less time to dose and created hardly ANY residual "fluid" in ones mouth as the tablets do. I do not, in my experience, feel that the BA for the film is really much higher than the tablets. Hope this helps

I just switched to the strips yesterday after seeing my doctor. The topic of the new formulation film was brought up almost immediately, and I was given a choice to try them out. Including the $75 discount card and no insurance I paid ~$35 for 10 strips. I found them to dissolve in about 1/4 of the time it takes for me when taking suboxone tablets, less than 5 minutes. To my disappointment the film was exactly the same taste as the tablets. Either way I was much happier; it look a lot less time to dose and created hardly ANY residual "fluid" in ones mouth as the tablets do. I do not, in my experience, feel that the BA for the film is really much higher than the tablets. Hope this helps

im glad that you are happy about switch to the strips. And I know exactly what you are talking about with the whole having a shitload of saliva in your mouth from letting the tablets dissolve. Allthough, I found that if I crushed the pill up before I put it under my tounge, it would dissolve extremely quickly, and that would be much less of an issue.

As far as the bioavailability goes......im pretty sure the strips for some reason actually DO have a slightly higher BA, but since most people are taking such high doses of suboxone, any increase in the BA wouldnt result in you noticing any different effect from the drug. Just like taking more and more sub than your prescribed dose will not increase the effects.

My doc gave me the exact same thing. The $75 discount card! Haha!

Here's my reaction to the strips:

As some of you may know, I've been binging on H for a good two months, going on two and a half. So as I talk myself into going back on Subs I think, "and this time I have the strips!"

It becomes fairly apparent that the strips are far more convenient than anything. It takes them about one minute to fully dissolve (if I've taken a sip of water beforehand) and after that I leave them in there for about the same amount of time as I would with the pills (5-10 minutes), to make sure that I get it all absorbed. I was still feeling like shit despite taking around 8mgs over a four hour period, so I decided to booty-bang (rectal ROA) another 4mgs. When I prepared the strips in my modified syringe, it would seem that they didn't want to dissolve as quickly as they did in my mouth. It took a full 10 minutes before they were dissolved enough to administer. I don't know if a whole lot of bupe even ended up in the water in my modified rig.

I used to snort my bupe occasionally, which is kind of a downer with these new strips. I didn't really do it enough to the point where I'm really disappointed with the strips. Overall it seems that the strips are simply a matter of convenience for people who choose to use the sublingual ROA. They certainly do trump the tablets in that respect, and I do notice a slight difference in the "feel" of 2mg sublingually on the films vs 2mg sublingually with the pills. The bioavailability does feel higher. However, I think if the cost of the strips isn't equal to the cost of the pills after I use up my discount, I'll probably just go back to the pills as a matter of cost.

And oh yes. . . the flavor is exactly the same, to those who've been discussing and bickering about it. The only thing a little different is the after taste, which is slightly 'chemical.'

Is it still between either 2mg or 8mg for the strips?

Can you tell where the mg marks are or is it just easier to split in half multiple times?

Did not realize these were coming out, though I haven't really paid any attention to such matters. They seem like they'd be pretty cool.

As far as I know, in my town and surrounding areas' they only make a 8mg ATM.
xkidx

ive been on sub for a long time. i have a fairly simple question. i dislike the buzz from sub so i snort a very small amount in the am and before bed, just enuff to kill the wd's. one pill will last me around a week. since these come in sealed packs will they degrade or dissolve once they are open.

if i take the same dose and have the strip out of the pack for a week will it lose potency or will i have any other problems. i was told they degrade once open. i didnt know if it was true or b/s.

thanks

I'm really sorry you don't like to buzz from sub, and I really hope you get better soon so you don't have to let this be your ghost. But back on subject, yes, I think if you didn't have them sealed up and put in some type of pill bottle after you (I'm talking taking the sealed up aluminum packaging and putting it in a pill bottle) opened them, ya, they'd go bad for sure. and for you this is great because all you have to do is cut off a bit, place it under your tongue and it only takes a few minutes opposed to the lying 20-30 minutes it took for all the pill to be gone from under my tongue.

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT i wanted to be first to post about the new strips, but I just got em this morning. It sounds like some people have had them for a week or two.

yeah pretty much same taste
yeah dissolves faster
yeah seems to work faster
safer to IV........dunno. id say less water. And after readin the micron filter FAQ, id say to dissolve them first, otherwise some of the strip could get gunked up and stuck in the cotton or the filter Is it really worth it to shoot subs?
BA for sublingual buprenorphine is 35-40% according to the website I was reading, I cant see how the BA would change by changing the medium....even if you put pure bupe powder under your tongue the BA should be the same

dammit dammit dammit

oh yeah, the discount card is good for $75 discount on out of pocket costs, EACH MONTH not just once, and not per scrip

^The increased BA would be because the saliva in the mouth would wash some of the pill away, opposed to a strip which literally sticks to the tongue and won't wash away.

no one has REALLY touched on it so i have to ask. compared to the ba of plugging the pills, how do the films fair? ive been on the films for a couple weeks and i deff think there is a higher ba oraly with the strips but i havnt tryed plugging yet. ill go ahead and try a 4mg dose and report back.

the deed is done. will report back later with results

:UPDATE: yeah i plugged 4mg and didnt even feel as if i had taken 2mg sub. something is afoot

Last edited:
First, just a little background information to put my experience into context. As a former heroin addict I was prescribed suboxone 3 years ago with the plan to be eventually weened off of it, as opposed to a maintenance program that would last indefinitely. This was successful though during my perscription I would snort my subs here and there. I've been off my prescription now for almost a year, and still heroin free and I now use bupe recreationally here and there. Now that I have zero tolerance i could feel nice snorting the tiny 2mg subs while I need to do at least 4mg to achieve similar effect sublingually.

Anyway, long intro to that, but I got a 2mg film today and came here to see if people had any experience with intranasal or rectal administration. After reading I, disappointingly, decided I'd better not waste it and just go sublingual. Though I read that the absorption is theoretically more efficient than the pills, I really didn't have my hopes up for any major, noticeable difference.

So I popped the film under my tongue and waited. The film dissolved rather quickly but it still took time to absorb, I could taste the strong chemical flavor under the back of my tongue afterwords, and was still producing saliva that I refused to swallow for about 10minutes...so while it dissolves quicker I'm not too sure it actually absorbs into the bloodstream quicker. The upside is that it produces much less saliva, which means less bupe is leaking out from under your tongue and making the situation uncomfortable while you try not to swallow any of your dose. The taste is about the same but much easier to keep under your tongue.

After it had finished dissolving, I went and made some food and ate to get rid of any lingering flavor. After that my disappointment set in. Perhaps I was expecting it to kick in faster since it was supposed to be absorbed faster, but I was still not feeling anything up to 30min afterwards. That all changed though. It's been an hour and I'm now in complete shock about how powerful these strips are. It took a while but I can't tell any difference between this and snorting tablets.

Of course this is all subjective, but for those who are used to snorting bupe and are worried about not achieving the same potency through the strips, I'd highly recommend just trying your normal intranasal dose sublingually and sitting patiently to see how it works out. You get much better absorption from these things than the tablets and it's quite a noticeable increase in potency. If you're patient enough to read this tl;dr post then you should have no problem waiting for these to kick it, it's worth it (especially if your like me and feel like snorting subs is fucking up your nose).

Edit Update: got a little nod going on here and there when I close my eyes and opiate itches, which I've never experienced from administering the tablets sublingually. This could be because I was only using sublingualy while I had a huge tolerance but I suspect that it's due to all of the fillers in the tablets get in the way of efficient sublingual absorption while the strips correct this flaw.

Last edited:
Just a little interesting side not....

the last time i went to my sub doctor he was talking about the new strips, but he doesnt care if his patients decide to switch or not....he actually seemed inclined to keep everyone on the tablets rather than switch over for some reason.....i got a vibe from him like he didnt trust the new strips or somehting, it was weird.

Anyway, he said that a rep had given him a bunch of "placebo strips" or soemthing(i forgot the name he used)....anyway....they are basically identicial to these new strips in every single possible way(look, taste, feel, packaging, everything....) EXCEPT there is no bupe or nalaxone in these strips. I think they are meant to be used as a practice tool to show the doctors and patients how much quicker the strips dissolve.
Well....for some reason he shoved a bunch of them in my face for me to look at, and I decided to keep a few of them. So its funny, I still have my suboxone tablet prescription and shit, but I also have these new strips but with no actual bupe on them. Its funny. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do with them? I dont want to sell them as the real thing because that would just be fucked up but I was thinking I could use them to practice certain techniques or something. I dont really know what im trying tosay here....im a littlw woozy from my klonopin. My bad.

I'm perfectly happy with my generic subutex- for those of you considering this option I strongly advise you talk to your doctor about switching to generic for financial reasons and they will listen unless they are idiot pricks like most pure bupe "doctors". In which case hunt down a good psychiatrist and not deal with any hassle or shitty flvaor contaminated alternatives and red tape.

I'm perfectly happy with my generic subutex- for those of you considering this option I strongly advise you talk to your doctor about switching to generic for financial reasons and they will listen unless they are idiot pricks like most pure bupe "doctors". In which case hunt down a good psychiatrist and not deal with any hassle or shitty flvaor contaminated alternatives and red tape.

Im actually perfectly happy with my non generic suboxone. I guess we all have different needs and different meds work differently on each one of us. I am so happy I have found a way to take my subs without having any negative side effects....especiall the addiciton side of it.
Allthough, im not even taking my subs anymore. Taking a long break from them this time to see if I get PAWS a few months down the line like some people are warning me about....but so far so good. No withdrawal or PAWS yet. hooray.

Status
Not open for further replies.