• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx polo, I'll watch. Been in kindof a slump lately, not posting as much but reading, I need make some appointments now, insurance cards came today, oh well...

Feel better homie shit happens just can't beat ourselves up. I'm notorious for that but lately been really trying not to over think shit or put myself down n it's been helping. Like look @ all the ppl who flat out refuse to get clean, use their whole lives w/ no care. Least we care n are trying. But ya I thought I posted this a couple days ago I guess I didn't lol.

Picked up my script of 2s. Half say 3 & half say 6 lol so there goes this persons theory...

So I just got my suboxone prescription today. I hadn't used heroin for about 7 or 8 days now and was just using about 10-20g's of kratom for withdrawal (along with a few tramadols three or so days ago). I was prescribed 16mg, but IME with subs less is more, so I took 4mg sublingually which didn't do much for me and just plugged 2mg very sloppily with an eye dropper as I am on lockdown and cannot access syringes. I'm still kind of disappointed, I expected in all honesty that my tolerance would have dropped enough to get a buzz off the suboxone which I haven't. In fact I feel it less than I did the kratom. It's within my prescribed limit to take 10 more mg, I just don't want to take that much suboxone and honestly don't know if taking any more would do anything for me. Anyone have a similar experience? Advicve?

Did you just get a Suboxone script to get high? Depending on your tolerance you probably would have to take quite a bit more to get high. I went on 12mgs and that was under what would hold me (on purpose) to ensure I didn't up my tolerance but also still have that stability and blockade in place to discourage usage. Dosing in this manner allowed my hormone levels to somewhat normalize and allowed me to approach recovery with a mostly clear mind, anxiety and depression were (are still somewhat) horrible and there was a prolonged adjustment period which was quite uncomfortable but I believe Suboxone can be much more therapeutic in this manner for those who don't endeavor to be lifers.

Many doctors are reckless when prescribing Suboxone, putting most people on 24mgs and up and in many cases people who's habits are 30mg daily oxy/hydrocodone for a few months which is morally reprehensible as it is doing more damage to their opioid receptors and making it likely that they will struggle very hard in life without opioids in the future.

Sometimes I wonder if it was the right choice but I have made it much farther along than I have previously trying to approach recovery. It was a mistake telling anybody about it as it pretty much allows people to throw their own wrong opinions on what exactly it is and the implications of taking it in their view based on sensationalism and reactionism based on stigma. Grr argha barble GAH!

No, I got on it really to help with my cravings because I cannot be shooting heroin ATM, I need to be present for my family right now, I was just kind of disappointed that 6mg didn't do much for me. In the end I took another 6 and i felt some minor euphoria. I understand the whole less is more thing but looking back that only works after you stabilize on a dose (then you can become to taper down). In the beginning I think due to my heavy heroin use (even though its been a week without any, just some kratom) I still have a tolerance, tomorrow I'm going to try taking 8mg in the morning.

No, I got on it really to help with my cravings because I cannot be shooting heroin ATM, I need to be present for my family right now, I was just kind of disappointed that 6mg didn't do much for me. In the end I took another 6 and i felt some minor euphoria. I understand the whole less is more thing but looking back that only works after you stabilize on a dose (then you can become to taper down). In the beginning I think due to my heavy heroin use (even though its been a week without any, just some kratom) I still have a tolerance, tomorrow I'm going to try taking 8mg in the morning.

Hey Z, how long was the last H binder and how much were you doing?
I've found the same thing happen to me, after not taking a sub for 14 days and doing up to 1.5gs of good East Coast raw per day. Usually I have my fun and shoot a bag or two for 2 or 3 days and knock that shit off remember what a miracle I am in a sub program it really is and it still takes 8mgs or so of subs.
My last hoorah, went over 2 weeks, worst in almost 12 months on subs, sad to say, and started with 8mgs after 28hours after last shot. One hour later nothing, pupils huge, goosebumps, runny and watery eyes, so I take another 4mgs, another hour, nothing, finally I did something stupid I rarely do but ended up IV'ing 4mgs and added some flubromazolam I diluted in PG and finally got relief.
Not sure if it was 16mgs of bupe, 4mgs IV'd or the addition of the benzo in the shot (damn needle fetish 8() but I finally could lie down still comfortable. Still didn't have energy to do anything I was supposed to that day but I couldn't believe how much it took. But it takes large amounts for several days after I go back to dope and I slowly go 24 hours, 28, 36, 40 hours keeping dose the same then drop dose and get back on every 24 hrs.

**Going on rant TL;DR

I'm a firm believer in less is more, because I micronfilter my sub films and shoot .25-.5mg and feel a warm buzz for hours sometimes. However, tolerance must be tiny for that to work. So now back on subs and still needing 4-6mgs a day after working down from 24mgs to 2mgs a day. While prescribed 2mgs a day I had been feeling fine taking 800mcgs instead of full prescribed dose.....I like to have extras and share when friends are sick but NEVER divert it to the street. By helping a homie out I mean I will put half a 4mg strip in their hand not hand them sealed foil strips because subs are already all over the street it's got me worried I'm gonna be in a clinic every morning at 5am......

go to one of any of the open air markets in my city though and you'll be shocked at how many people are selling 8 and 12mg films for 10-20, and 8mg subutex....makes me sick...of course whenI've been sick and desperate enough to go down there (thank god it's been over 6-9 months since hitting up random d boys) They all approach me asking if I can be their sub plug...I just say that shit isn't a street drug and if they think it is eat an 8mg strip and see how they feel lol:p

I took 4mg sublingually which didn't do much for me and just plugged 2mg very sloppily with an eye dropper...Advicve

That's where you messed up. Suboxone has 2 metabolites, one is an agonist(what gets you high) and one is an antagonist(what doesn't get you high). Doses under 2-3 mg produce allow the agonist metabolite to attach itself to your receptors and produce a buzz. Anything over 4 mg and too much of the antagonist is produced, it attaches itself to your receptors and blocks the agonist.

With that being said, Suboxone for people trying to change their lives. Not get high. It's not a good chemical for getting high.

@#4-
I had a 2 year daily IV heroin habit of about a g of BTH (sometimes a bit more, sometimes a little less). I agree that buprenorphine works better in terms of agonist effects in low dosages, but when being inducted it seems if you have a tolerance, more is more, I take 4mg in the morning (7am) and by 5 my nose is running and I need to take another 2-4mg (so basically approximately 8 a day). In order to benefit off of the low doses and the norbupe I've always first stabilized and then tapered down which is what I'm planning on doing.

@d1ahp
I fully understood the whole norbuprenorphine concept I am not new to suboxone nor am I trying to achieve a high, I was just a little disappointed that after 6 days of really nothing but 15g of Kratom (head shop quality) I didn't get more out of it. Clearly buprenorphine is not a very good recreational drug, I'm taking it because I need to be clean right now, that being said it helps more if I feel the drug a little bit.

Hey guys, I've got a simple question that after hours of searching and reading the sub/bupe threads have not found the answer to, though its a general pharmacology question, just happens I am asking it about the Suboxone strips.

Do you take the bioavailability if ROA into account when calculating the blood concentration levels versus half-life?

For example, if I am taking my strips sub-lingually, most literature seems to say the bioavailability is about 30%. Am I taking .3mg if I am only putting a 1mg piece of strip beneath my tongue? If that's the case, should I factor that into my calculations when trying to determine current blood concentration of Bupe when measured by a generic half-life time? (say, 36 hours for most people)

So, basically, if I use a 1mg piece sub-lingually, when I want to calculate blood concentration do I use the numerical value for the dosage taken as 1mg or should I be using .3mg?

.3mg

Does anybody know if Suboxone Film name brand (R&B) changed their formula in anyway the FILM in particular?? I've been prescribed suboxone before in 2011-2013. Went to rehab admitted myself to kick suboxone but insurance only covered 2 weeks so i left still in detox and got back on subs unfortunate i know.

I recently just got back into a outpatient treatment (methadone/subutex & suboxone center) a week ago to get off suboxone once again (i've been clean for almost 3 years only had one slip up) and im so close to being off (down to no more than 2mg a day sometimes .5mg or 1mg depending the day.. but i've been getting subutex and the suboxone pill form from SWIM... well the doctor prescribed me 7 8 mg/2mg naloxone name brand (weeks supply, overprescribed me but meh i got extra) so i finished up my subutex and as soon as i took the Film strip (1mg), my forearms broke out within 30 minutes in rashes/hives... bumps and very red (not blood red but tomato kinda). I asked the nurse & doctor they said just use cream as long as its not affecting your physical ability or breathing .. but it gets worse as i take it daily it seems.. I also am on Klonopin 2mg 1 a day and Adderall 10mg.. IVE NEVER had this problem with the film so i am very curious about this. Hope someone knows or can help..

After almost 20 years of getting hooked on various opiates, getting clean, and getting hooked again, I've finally gotten into a program where I'm taking the Suboxone film. The doctor put me on 3 8 mg strips per day, which feels like overkill. After the first few days, I started reducing the dosage. I have been stashing the extra strips away in case finances become an issue and I end up having to taper myself down on my own. My question is will they check the levels of bupe in my system to verify that I am taking 24 mgs per day? I've read several posts where people don't take the full amount that they are prescribed, but no one ever mentions there being a consequence to this. I need to be on subs in a bad way, but the dose I'm supposed to take makes me feel almost as bad as not having anything. If the worry of eventually not being able to afford the treatment weren't so real, I would've already told the doctor that I need to be taking less. Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Also, is this nasty feeling more pronounced in the strips? I have tried zubsolv before, and it didn't seem to make me feel as bad.

Edit: /\there there no drug testing Q according to the BLUA as if the answer leads to false confidence going into a drug test bound to fail their not liable. Most likely as long as the amount is stable they won't say anything even if they can do some crazy formula to figure out how much you should have within your urine even though it takes knowing a lot of factors including metabolism rate, which is something that requires lab tests. At best they can estimate.

Does anybody know if Suboxone Film name brand (R&B) changed their formula in anyway the FILM in particular?? I've been prescribed suboxone before in 2011-2013. Went to rehab admitted myself to kick suboxone but insurance only covered 2 weeks so i left still in detox and got back on subs unfortunate i know.

I recently just got back into a outpatient treatment (methadone/subutex & suboxone center) a week ago to get off suboxone once again (i've been clean for almost 3 years only had one slip up) and im so close to being off (down to no more than 2mg a day sometimes .5mg or 1mg depending the day.. but i've been getting subutex and the suboxone pill form from SWIM... well the doctor prescribed me 7 8 mg/2mg naloxone name brand (weeks supply, overprescribed me but meh i got extra) so i finished up my subutex and as soon as i took the Film strip (1mg), my forearms broke out within 30 minutes in rashes/hives... bumps and very red (not blood red but tomato kinda). I asked the nurse & doctor they said just use cream as long as its not affecting your physical ability or breathing .. but it gets worse as i take it daily it seems.. I also am on Klonopin 2mg 1 a day and Adderall 10mg.. IVE NEVER had this problem with the film so i am very curious about this. Hope someone knows or can help..
Certain opiates give me this problem. Pretty much morphine no other similar ones, possibly heroin, methadone, and I honestly think the suboxone is causing the same issue a bit. It could be your body not tolerating the minor amount of nalaxone that's not present in the subutex. People get nausea and headaches so I'm sure this skin allergy side effects possible.

Last edited:
Ok so here is my question: I took 4mg Sub film for the first time in a while at 6am, when can I go back to gear?

I know this has been covered but I have zero Sub in me besides this 4, so no built up tolerance. Would it be 8 hours till I can go back to the H?

^ You only get pwd from the vice versa scenario, you can take dope anytime after bup'. The high might not be as effective, and the timing on that has many variables. Normally 24 hours will have zero issue, I get high after about.4 hours after my last dose, but I only take 1mg or less, and I utilize an intranasal roa..

- Hopeless 7nos

Gotcha. I figured since I only took this 4mg sub and have no tolerance built, it would be around 8 hours before the H is effective. I could be wrong?

Thanks for the quick response -

Status
Not open for further replies.