• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are this just as safe to IV as the pill's ? I wont be doing suboxone for a while I am just wondering for harm reduction's sake.

the strips are actually safer to IV than the pills because they have like 1/100 of the binders and fillers. Its pretty much just bupe and nalaxone on those strips, with a few other substances that make up a TINY portion of the strip.

Allthough, they are still new, and in the future we could all of a sudden realize a secret chemical or some shit that causes the bupe strips to be more dangerous to IV than the pills, but I highly doubt it. I have done it and it seemed to work fine.

^ I figured it would but I would love to see all the inactive's so we can see how harmfull they are. I figured it be way safter to IV though.

One step ahead of you.

Suboxone (sublingual tablets)

Inactive Ingredients: lactose, mannitol, cornstarch, povidone K30, citric acid, sodium citrate, FD&C Yellow No.6 color, magnesium stearate, and the tablets also contain Acesulfame K sweetener and a lemon / lime flavor.

Suboxone (sublingual film)

Inactive Ingredients: polyethylene oxide, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, maltitol, acesulfame potassium, lime flavor, citric acid, sodium citrate, FD&C yellow #6, and white ink.

Subutex

Each tablet also contains lactose, mannitol, cornstarch, povidone K30, citric acid, sodium citrate and magnesium stearate.

^ Nice that is pretty interesting. White ink does not sound too healthy, JB I would not shoot that until you throughly research it.

^ Nice that is pretty interesting. White ink does not sound too healthy, JB I would not shoot that until you throughly research it.

I don't know how many different pharmaceutical white inks there are, but here is one formulation that I found (in this case used on Clindamycin capsules):

Opacode White S-1-7085 (pharmaceutical glaze modified, titanium dioxide, isopropyl alcohol, ammonium hydroxide, propylene glycol, n-butyl alcohol and dimethylpolysiloxane).

Source: http://www.drugstorepharmacy.ca/medical/medications_details.aspx?brand_name_id=4723

And this one, from Sigma Cilicaine VK Penicillin Capsules:

Negligible quantities of the following ingredients are present in the white ink used to write the name SIGMA: Pharmaceutical glaze USP/NF, titanium dioxide, isopropyl alcohol, ammonium hydroxide, propylene glycol, butan-1-ol and dimethicone

Source: http://www.emedical.com.au/default.asp?pageID=56&itemID=10612

I'd imagine most white pharamceutical inks are similar in contents...they probably all have titanium dioxide as a major component. It is my guess that since the solvents are evaporated as the ink dries, you are left with the glaze, TiO2, and dimethicone. They are present in such small amounts that I would be surprised if any harm were to come from injection, especially after micro-filtering. I'd like to know a little more about the glaze though!

the tablets have lemon/lime flavor. the strips have just lime.

james, you are saying they taste exactly the same though?

also, how quickly do hey dissolve in water when prepped for IV? did you have to use heat to expedite?

the tablets have lemon/lime flavor. the strips have just lime.

james, you are saying they taste exactly the same though?

also, how quickly do hey dissolve in water when prepped for IV? did you have to use heat to expedite?

Do not heat......also, im pretty sure the strips also have lemon lime. Im gonna go check my source real quick on that one....

NVM....looks like you were right, tablets have lemon lime flavor, strips have just lime. Allthough, like I said, they tasted pretty much the exact same to me. They just felt different.

My first question was what's the ba?

Only thing I found in the 3rd link submitted by tchort:
Because of the potentially greater relative bioavailability of SUBOXONE sublingual film compared to SUBOXONE (buprenorphine and naloxone) sublingual tablets, patients switching from SUBOXONE (buprenorphine and naloxone) sub- lingual tablets to SUBOXONE sublingual film should be monitored for over-medication. Those switching from SUBOXONE sublingual film to SUBOXONE (buprenorphine and naloxone) sublingual tablets should be monitored for withdrawal or other indications of under-dosing. In clinical studies, pharmacokinetics of SUBOXONE sublingual film was similar to the respective dosage strengths of SUBOXONE (buprenorphine and naloxone) sublingual tablets, although not all doses and dose combinations met bioequivalence criteria.

awesome! makes total sense, you dont have all that gunk oozing out and you wont swallow as much of it. definetly should have a better BA. with less material they should dissolve much faster too, giving a quicker onset. man, i may just have to switch over.

how long do they take to dissolve when you hit em with water for IV?

I don't know how many different pharmaceutical white inks there are, but here is one formulation that I found (in this case used on Clindamycin capsules):

Source: http://www.drugstorepharmacy.ca/medical/medications_details.aspx?brand_name_id=4723

And this one, from Sigma Cilicaine VK Penicillin Capsules:

Source: http://www.emedical.com.au/default.asp?pageID=56&itemID=10612

I'd imagine most white pharamceutical inks are similar in contents...they probably all have titanium dioxide as a major component. It is my guess that since the solvents are evaporated as the ink dries, you are left with the glaze, TiO2, and dimethicone. They are present in such small amounts that I would be surprised if any harm were to come from injection, especially after micro-filtering. I'd like to know a little more about the glaze though!

Very interesting. Thanks for the reply dude.

My Dr was telling me the discount cards are good for six months, there is no plan to release a subutex strip in the forseeable future. I asked if they were getting rid of the pills and she said no, in fact they recommend using the pill formulation for induction, so BA must be pretty close IMO. Im not takng sub now, if I got back on a small doses Id definitely go for the strips due to the ease of cutting them up. I'm not so sure this is the future of meds or just an attempt to provide additional child proofing packaging to appease the DEA. My Dr said only one of her patients were into the strips, because of the $75 coupon, I figured all of them would want to switch, although you'd be srewed if you like to snort your bupe.

You can avoid the white ink on the Suboxone strips (it's not homogenized into the strip), all you have to do is cut the part with the dosage indication off, or just scrape off the white ink.

I'm really interested in these, I'll post the e-mail and links I got today for everyone in a second.
NSFW:
f you're working to overcome opioid dependence, you know the experience can sometimes be overwhelming. That's why the formulation of your medication should help make your experience convenient. Some patients have shared their concerns about taking SUBOXONE® (buprenorphine and naloxone) sublingual tablets (CIII), such as:

The time the tablets take to dissolve
The difficulty of traveling with them
Their taste

Consider a treatment that may make your experience more comfortable and convenient.
SUBOXONE Film

, a new formulation of SUBOXONE, may improve your daily treatment experience. And clinical trial patients tell us they prefer SUBOXONE Film to the SUBOXONE Tablet.1a

SUBOXONE Film is indicated for long-term treatment of opioid dependence and should be used as part of a complete treatment plan that includes counseling and support.

SUBOXONE Film delivers:

An evolved patient experience
- Faster to dissolve than SUBOXONE Tablet1b
- A favorable taste rating (more than 71% of patients scored the taste as neutral or better)1c
- Individually wrapped in compact unit-dose pouches that are child-resistant1d and easy to carry1e
- Once-daily dosing (just like the SUBOXONE Tablet)2
- Clinically interchangeable with SUBOXONE Tablet, so your doctor can transition you. Your doctor should monitor you for overmedication3
Built-in support from the Here to Help® Program that can help make treatment success more likely4

Experience exclusive savings
Only SUBOXONE Film offers savings on your prescription of up to $75* per month if eligible. Download your savings card

now and take it to your next doctor appointment.
*Click here for details

Call for an appointment today
To experience SUBOXONE Film—and take advantage of the savings—you will need a prescription for SUBOXONE Film. If you haven't made an appointment yet, don't wait. Ask your doctor whether you can improve your treatment experience by changing to SUBOXONE Film

Keep in mind that physical dependence is just one part of the story. Your relationships, thoughts, and daily routines are all tied together. That's why counseling

is such a critical part of your treatment. And why the Here to Help Program may be too. Here to Help has been shown to increase the likelihood you'll stay in medication-assisted treatment, which can help lead to better treatment success.4

You should know: As with other opioids, buprenorphine can be abused. It's essential that your doctor monitor your use of SUBOXONE Film to help you achieve and maintain stability. You should also expect to make regular follow-up visits, especially if your doctor prescribes multiple refills.

The Here to Help Program

is only for people who are in treatment with SUBOXONE Film.

Know someone who is opioid dependent? Help them start their own treatment story. Tell them

about SUBOXONE Film.

Best regards,

The Here to Help Team

866-973-HERE (4373)

Important Safety Information

SUBOXONE® (buprenorphine and naloxone) Sublingual Film (CIII) is indicated for maintenance treatment of opioid dependence as part of a complete treatment plan to include counseling and psychosocial support. Treatment should be initiated under the direction of physicians qualified under the Drug Addiction Treatment Act.

SUBOXONE® (buprenorphine HCl/naloxone HCl dihydrate sublingual tablets) (CIII) is indicated for the treatment of opioid dependence.

SUBOXONE Sublingual Film and SUBOXONE Sublingual Tablets should not be used by patients hypersensitive to buprenorphine or naloxone.

SUBOXONE Sublingual Film and SUBOXONE Sublingual Tablets can be abused in a manner similar to other opioids, legal or illicit. Clinical monitoring appropriate to the patient's level of stability is essential.

Chronic use of buprenorphine can cause physical dependence. A sudden or rapid decrease in dose may result in an opioid withdrawal syndrome that is typically milder than seen with full agonists and may be delayed in onset.

SUBOXONE Sublingual Film and SUBOXONE Sublingual Tablets can cause serious life-threatening respiratory depression and death, particularly when taken by the intravenous (IV) route in combination with benzodiazepines or other central nervous system (CNS) depressants (ie, sedatives, tranquilizers, or alcohol). It is extremely dangerous to self-administer nonprescribed benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants while taking SUBOXONE Sublingual Film or SUBOXONE Sublingual Tablets. Dose reduction of CNS depressants, SUBOXONE Sublingual Film and SUBOXONE Sublingual Tablets, or both when both are being taken should be considered.

Liver function should be monitored before and during treatment.

Death has been reported in nontolerant, nondependent individuals, especially in the presence of CNS depressants.

Children who take SUBOXONE Sublingual Film or SUBOXONE Sublingual Tablets can have severe, possibly fatal, respiratory depression. Emergency medical care is critical. Keep SUBOXONE Sublingual Film and SUBOXONE Sublingual Tablets out of the sight and reach of children.

Intravenous misuse or taking SUBOXONE Sublingual Film or SUBOXONE Sublingual Tablets before the effects of full-agonist opioids (eg, heroin, hydrocodone, methadone, morphine, oxycodone) have subsided is highly likely to cause opioid withdrawal symptoms.

Neonatal withdrawal has been reported. Use of SUBOXONE Sublingual Film or SUBOXONE Sublingual Tablets in pregnant women or during breast-feeding should only be considered if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk. Caution should be exercised when driving vehicles or operating hazardous machinery, especially during dose adjustment.

Adverse events commonly observed during clinical trials and postmarketing experience for SUBOXONE Sublingual Tablets are headache, nausea, vomiting, sweating, constipation, signs and symptoms of withdrawal, insomnia, pain, and swelling of the limbs.

Adverse events commonly observed with the sublingual administration of SUBOXONE Sublingual Film are numb mouth, sore tongue, redness of the mouth, headache, nausea, vomiting, sweating, constipation, signs and symptoms of withdrawal, insomnia, pain, swelling of the limbs, disturbance of attention, palpitations, and blurred vision.

Cytolytic hepatitis, jaundice, and allergic reactions, including anaphylactic shock, have been reported.

This is not a complete list of potential adverse events associated with SUBOXONE Sublingual Film and SUBOXONE Sublingual Tablets. Please see full Product Information for a complete list.

To report an adverse event associated with taking SUBOXONE Sublingual Film or SUBOXONE Sublingual Tablets, please call 1-877-782-6966. You are encouraged to report adverse events of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch

or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Please see full Product Information

and Medication Guide

for SUBOXONE Film

For more about SUBOXONE Tablet, please see full Product Information

Questions: When sniffing something does it have to be in the nostrils, or are the membranes further back. Because it would be easy to put the strip in your nose, and it would dissolve, but if it had to be far back it might cause a problem.

This seems great for IV, I haven't looked at all the ingredients, but so far this is looking promising, I might ask to switch if I can still sniff.

I'm really interested in these, I'll post the e-mail and links I got today for everyone in a second.

Questions: When sniffing something does it have to be in the nostrils, or are the membranes further back. Because it would be easy to put the strip in your nose, and it would dissolve, but if it had to be far back it might cause a problem.
This seems great for IV, I haven't looked at all the ingredients, but so far this is looking promising, I might ask to switch if I can still sniff.

I think it would be simpler to make liquid nasal spray solution out of the strips in order to administer them intranasally. I think this would also be much easier on your nostrils membranes, as well as your lungs.....becuase the drug will be dissolved inside a liquid, therefore it is less likely to float through the air and end up in your lungs, and more likely to stay inside the water, stuck to your noses membranes. Allthough, sticking the strip in your nose may work a well, but I think making a "nasal spray" solution would be more efficient. Just make sure you use anti-bacterial water.

Also....yes, the strips do work well for IV. They have MUCH less fillers and binders in them to worry about. Allthough that shouldnt be much of an issue if you use a micron filter like you should. But for most of us who dont have easy access to micron filters, these strips may prove to be a much healthier alternative to the "talc filled" pills.

ive been on sub for a long time. i have a fairly simple question. i dislike the buzz from sub so i snort a very small amount in the am and before bed, just enuff to kill the wd's. one pill will last me around a week. since these come in sealed packs will they degrade or dissolve once they are open.

if i take the same dose and have the strip out of the pack for a week will it lose potency or will i have any other problems. i was told they degrade once open. i didnt know if it was true or b/s.

thanks

They more than likely degrade much quicker than the tablets would because there is MUCH less fillers and binders to protect the active chemicals from the elements. The strips dont really have much protecting them from heat, moisture, light, etc....so it would be best to try to "seal" them up in something else(or even back in the same package) in order to prevent any decomp. They were made to be used all at once so I doubt there are any "preservatives" in place to help prevent decompostion once opened.

Just do your best to keep them away from the elements and im sure you will not notice any degredation in the quality of the suboxone.

Since these strips are so new, only time will tell how well they do outside of there packaging for relatively long periods of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.