• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sure evetually all DOCS will convert t the strips, eventually after i heard it on here, next thing i know my doc EMAILED ME and said they r in strip,so i go to my appt. reduced me from 2.5tabs to 2 strips as he says the strips u will gert more BIOA out of it, and i have to return all the empty wrapper or he will short me what i short him on empty wrappers, IDK the strips are convient, but i havent been on it long enough to tell which one i like better, its only been3 week switch

im sure evetually all DOCS will convert t the strips, eventually after i heard it on here, next thing i know my doc EMAILED ME and said they r in strip,so i go to my appt. reduced me from 2.5tabs to 2 strips as he says the strips u will gert more BIOA out of it, and i have to return all the empty wrapper or he will short me what i short him on empty wrappers, IDK the strips are convient, but i havent been on it long enough to tell which one i like better, its only been3 week switch

I actually disagree. i dont think that all sub doctors are going to make there patients switch to the strips. My doctor has shown that he has no intention on doing that. Im pretty sure the only way that will happen is if they discontinue the tablet formulation, which I doubt will happen. they have shown no signs of doing that at all.
And if they do eventually discontinue the tablets, it will more than likely be very far in the future.

Sorry to totally discount your theory, but naloxone is very short lived and I doubt that it is what deters people from drinking.

Hey i must say i have read a lot of your post and i really can relate 2 u a little 2 well as for the drinking they were trying to put me on naltrexone
when i was in rehab they said there was a chance it could help me with opiate cravings a very slim one at that but then they continued to say that it was much more effective with alcohol cravings which i must say confused the fuck outta me but i guess it is used 4 that in my opinion it seem like that would more likely be a psychosomatic thing but i am not claiming to be overly knowledgeable in that area so ;)

As for shooting the suboxone film i have done it 5 or 6 times with no problem i usualy do like half of a pill to .8 ml of water tho cus it is very thick and i get nervous but have not had any problems i am concerned tho about which is safer the pill or the film so any input on that would be greatly appreciated :)

i am concerned tho about which is safer the pill or the film so any input on that would be greatly appreciated :)

I am pretty sure the film is safer, though I am not sure what "white ink" is, other than assuming titanium dioxide is involved.

If you micron filter, either should be just as safe.

I am curious as to what ingredient it is that makes the liquid so thick and gel-like....

Im thinking this can not be good for your veins or your heart or your lungs... I mean, if you touch that dissolved strip with your finger it feels so slimey...

I feel like this shit is terrible for you.

I am curious as to what ingredient it is that makes the liquid so thick and gel-like....

Im thinking this can not be good for your veins or your heart or your lungs... I mean, if you touch that dissolved strip with your finger it feels so slimey...

I feel like this shit is terrible for you.

For some reason when I ixed a strip with water it was a perfectly liquid solution. Maybe I just use more water than the average person.

^ same here JB.. i put 4 strips per 50ml vial.. I put 2 strips in a 5cc/ml luer lock syringe and fill it with sterile water and it dissolves perfect when shaken and put through a micron filter and then repeat again with 2 more strips and it's still fine and then i add .5ml benzyl alcohol and continue to push sterile water through the micron filter until i have about 50ml in the vial (sometimes 45ml) and then shake so the benzyl alcohol mixes with the water and it's an almost clear solution compared to if i made it with the same amount of tablets.

I feel it's safer than the tablets since there is so much less fillers and shit in the strips, i haven't weighed a strip yet but i know it weighs a hell of a lot less than the 400mg weight of the tabs.

well, ive never doen anything that complicated with the strips yet....i just took like 1/8th of the strip ~1mg...and the mixed it with water and just filtered it through a cotton. I didnt have any micron filters at the time. i didnt inject it though, it was for someone else....but they didnt seem to have any problems.

i didn't inject it either i just made the solution because i was curious how it would come out with the strips, i've made it a lot of times with the tabs.. i IV occasionally and then take a break by snorting them, i just wanted to experiment with them as soon as i got them. and IMO it seems safer.. im not saying it is, but i just *THINK* it is.

Hey i must say i have read a lot of your post and i really can relate 2 u a little 2 well as for the drinking they were trying to put me on naltrexone
when i was in rehab they said there was a chance it could help me with opiate cravings a very slim one at that but then they continued to say that it was much more effective with alcohol cravings which i must say confused the fuck outta me but i guess it is used 4 that in my opinion it seem like that would more likely be a psychosomatic thing but i am not claiming to be overly knowledgeable in that area so ;)

As for shooting the suboxone film i have done it 5 or 6 times with no problem i usualy do like half of a pill to .8 ml of water tho cus it is very thick and i get nervous but have not had any problems i am concerned tho about which is safer the pill or the film so any input on that would be greatly appreciated :)

Bad thig with injecting anything is you may not have any problems now however, there could be problems down the road.Exp. A clot from all the fillers over time may break free and go straight to your heart or to your lungs and your lungs will basically fill with fluid. Not a fun way to go. Be safe people!

I am switching to the strips today finally. I dropped off my script 2 fucking weeks ago and my insurance wouldnt cover the strips even though they cover suboxone tablets.How fuckd is that? Anyone else have that problem? Well, the good news is after 2 weeks and the same number of pre. authorization's they had to run my insurance finally covers it. I cant wait to start the strips, the tabs take about 25mn to dissolve for me and I think I lose alot in my saliva. Will keep you guys posted.~peace

^ i don't have insurance.. i pay cash for my scripts but i don't know why your insurance wouldn't cover the strips at first.. they are the same price as the tablets. (for me at least) but it's good they are paying for it now, but what did you do during the 2 weeks that you had to wait for them? did you have extra tabs or did you get a script for the tabs for the meantime until your insurance would pay for the strips? i guess it's none of my business, but was just wondering if you had to go through w/d's for 2 weeks and if you did, why would you bother to start taking them again if you already stopped?

I know right, its the same fucking drug.I Don't know if its because they are new, or what the deal is. Then they told me as soon as my P.A goes thru, they will automatically order it for me (because they dont carry them anywhere around where I live)Well, I just found out it went thru a few days ago but they didn't order it as promised. It pisses me off because I could have had them awhile sooner but whatever.I hate all the shit insurance companies pull,they need to get their act together. I managed to get some tablet's to hold me over though.
^ i don't have insurance.. i pay cash for my scripts but i don't know why your insurance wouldn't cover the strips at first.. they are the same price as the tablets. (for me at least) but it's good they are paying for it now, but what did you do during the 2 weeks that you had to wait for them? did you have extra tabs or did you get a script for the tabs for the meantime until your insurance would pay for the strips? i guess it's none of my business, but was just wondering if you had to go through w/d's for 2 weeks and if you did, why would you bother to start taking them again if you already stopped?

IV SUB Strips

I donno if these are safe to IV... I just got a script and dissolved a film in a half cc of water.

I then attempted to filter with cotton.

It wouldnt go into the 31 g syringe.

I then added another half cc and stirred for a few seconds.

Now i can filter it through cotton, but very slowly... Like, a minute to fill a half cc syringe.

I then, skeptical but trusting fellow blue lighters, decided to inject.

Upon registering, the blood did not freely mix into the barrel, but rather slowly came into only the vacuum space in the syringe. It did not mix with the solution in the barrel.

I felt like it looked weird and decided to only push half of the first half cc shot.

I then removed the syringe and realized that there was no visible blood in the barrel at all...

I didnt have any bad reaction or anything... but I am worried about IVing this stuff...

I think personally its a bit too thick to be safely injected.

Anyone else that ACTUALLY HAS IVd the new suboxone film?

Does this sound familiar to your experience? what guage needle did you use? how much water?

YES! I got the strips on September 21rst, and the very first thing I tried to do was dissolve it to IV. Needless to say that when I started drawing it up into the syringe it moved like molasses and I took that as a sign that I should NOT inject it into my body. I'm sure that the consistency was just because of the hydroxypropyl methylcellulose which is an emulsifier. Until I read that enough people have done it over a prolonged period of time with no ill side effects, I'll stick to taking mine as a sublingual.

As for the people asking about plugging it- I've tried it and it personally did not go well for me. I've plugged it a couple ways- anally and vaginally- anally it seemed to work alright when I plugged it as is, without dissolving it in water. to do this all you do is cut the sharp off of a syringe and roll the film up and put it inside of the rig and insert it like a woman would w a tampon. It takes a long time to take effect, and didn't seem to work as well as dissolving it under my tongue, but it worked none the less. I also plugged it anally after dissolving it into water, and each time I tried this it seemed to act almost like a suppository laxative and gave me severe stomach cramps and the shits almost immediately after dosing, causing me to lose the medication.
As for trying to plug these vaginally (for all you females out there) don't even bother. I did the same thing as I did when I tried plugging it anally- cut off the tip of a syringe and rolled it up and placed it inside and inserted it like a tampon. It didn't work AT ALL, and I don't know why but I ended up feeling even more sick after I did this. maybe the vaginal tissue is more susceptible to absorbing the naloxone in it, although I've never had any issues w the naloxone in the pills or anything before, as it seems to be inert.

and as for dissolving them sublingually, the idea is to let it take as long a time as possible, so that you absorb more of the medication, instead of swallowing it where it has almost no BA in your stomach. In order to get the most out of my sublingual films, I wake up a little early in the morning and place it under my tongue and lay back down for about half an hour. Since the mouth is so dry in the morning, it causes less saliva to be secreted and therefore the film dissolves slower and is absorbed more efficiently. plus, being half asleep, or totally asleep during the process of dissolving it helps me to ignore the nasty taste of these, which is still not as bad as the tablets.
Just make sure that you do NOT fall asleep for more than half an hour w these in your mouth, because it can ruin your dose. I'm sure most of you have found that no matter when you've taken your dose, as soon as you nap for half an hour you wake up sick. So just don't sleep into the period where the chemicals start to take effect, otherwise you'll just be cancelling them out. I'm sure this has something to do w the way the body metabolizes the chemicals while you sleep.

All of your posts have been extremely helpful to me and if anyone has any corrections or anything to add, please let me know, as I am still learning new things about these films every day.

Im suprised that you didnt have luck with rectal administration. In my experience(with the tablets) rectal administration is probably the most euphoric of all the ROA's, including IV......and I would usually IV my subs, but sometimes IN, SL, and plugging as well when I wanted a nice little treat, but not too often.
Do you have experience plugging the tablets?...and if so, do they work much better at plugging in comparison to the new strips?
Aso...why do you not mix the strip with water before you plug? This makes the solution get absorbed much quicker and more effectively than if you stick it in there dry. Its kinda the same idea that you have about SL the film in the morning when your mouth is dry....since your mouth is dry, it doesnt dissolve as quickly cuz theres less moisture and thus, less of it goes down your throat. But with rectal administration, the liquid(water) helps because it you dont have to worry about anything going down your throat and the moisture allows it to pass through the membranes in your ass alot quicker/smoother/easier.
Also...if you have rectally administered the tablets before, did you make it into a liquid solution first(or atleast a pasty solution) and then plug it, or did you just stick the pill up there dry(even if it was crushed up)? Because, like In said earlier, I think moisture is vital to having good rectal absorption.

Heres an update;I went to Walgreens today tp ick up my strips and they forgot to order them again!WTF!I dropped off my script over two weeks ago and had to go thru all the b.s of two p.a's. When it finally went thru they said they would automatically order it in and call me,never happened so I called them and they said they will order it now. So another 4 days later I went back to finally pick it up and once again it never got ordered. Well they told me it will be in for sure b4 noon 2morrow.I guess we will have to see. I am soo switching pharmacies. I am done dealing with these incompentent fucks.

For some reason i doubt it will be in by noon tommorow if they havent ordered it yet.....and especially cuz they keep lying to you, why shoudl you believe them now? They remind me of some old drug dealers that I use to have...."yea, i got myou man....ill be there in like 5 minutes fo sho".....1hr later....."yea man, im just pullin into your neighborhood right now, im about to bring it...".........2 hr's later...."man i got pulled over by the cops, you still wanted that right?....i mean, i drove all the way over here to sell this shit to you, dont fuckin back out on me now man..."

^^pricks

For some reason i doubt it will be in by noon tommorow if they havent ordered it yet.....and especially cuz they keep lying to you, why shoudl you believe them now? They remind me of some old drug dealers that I use to have...."yea, i got myou man....ill be there in like 5 minutes fo sho".....1hr later....."yea man, im just pullin into your neighborhood right now, im about to bring it...".........2 hr's later...."man i got pulled over by the cops, you still wanted that right?....i mean, i drove all the way over here to sell this shit to you, dont fuckin back out on me now man..."

^^pricks

Haha I totally know what you mean bro, I have dealt with some pretty damn unreliable dealers(most in fact). Well today when I talked to them I had them call the warehouse to verify they have it and they do so they said it was ordered and promised it would be in 2morrow.Im going to flip if it's not. I swear any incompetent person could be a pharmacist there. I wonder what kind of training is required?

I've been on the strips for almost a month. I "only" take 1mg a day now. The strips are an all around better experience hands down, and they will inevitably become cheaper. I'd rather use these strips for maintinance dosing (epsecially when you're dosing @ 2mg daily and under), than generic buprenorphine...until the drug companies ALL start producing generic bupe strips. :)

A word to the wise...be extremely careful to not let the "film" land on the back of your bottom front teeth! It dissolves so fast, that you will lose easily most of your dose. It's not rocket science, just make sure you place the strip directly under your tongue in that sweet spot.

As for those that are wondering if these are easier/harder to abuse than say subutex/buprenex, I can't be the judge of that, and I don't really care either.

For those of you that get headaches and shit like that from taking suboxone....stoping swallowing the spit after the pill has fully dissolved. Don't snort them either...this will give you mad headaches. This makes me think that the headaches are a result from an inactive ingredient, like the fucking dye.

Suboxone can be really pricey for MANY. The strips are more expensive but not by that much. I'm so glad to be down to 1mg a day, since I lose my health insurance in less than a month/ yay! #30 2mg strips lasts me 60 days instead of 30, and soon enough I'll hopefully be able to maintain at .5mg a day. Where am I going with this (if you didn't already get it)? Well, simply, I am essentially using my "titration" (still sticking to maintinance) to give me an economic self-advantage. A single box of #30 2mg strips will effectively last me 4 months (nearly half a year), if/or when I get down to .5mg a day. So even someone like me, who is losing their health insurance, will still be able to easily afford suboxone, I'm just very fortunate to only need so little nowadays to get by. The out of pocket cost (for 4 months of uninterrupted maintinance), will actually be quite cheap.

I'm done rambling....until I get my Adderal IR refilled :)

...Just make sure that you do NOT fall asleep for more than half an hour w these in your mouth, because it can ruin your dose. I'm sure most of you have found that no matter when you've taken your dose, as soon as you nap for half an hour you wake up sick. So just don't sleep into the period where the chemicals start to take effect, otherwise you'll just be cancelling them out. I'm sure this has something to do w the way the body metabolizes the chemicals while you sleep.

Nope, it's because when people fall asleep, they tend to let lose their tounge and swallow their spit. Make sense now?

Welcome to Bluelight btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.