• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something regarding this that I haven't quite put my finger on yet.

Alcohol has a lot of pharmacological effects (GABA, NMDA, among others) and so does buprenorphine (mu, delta, and kappa opioid receptors, nociceptin/ORL1 receptor, etc). I suspect (but am not 100% sure) that there might be a pharmacological interaction between the two.

Otherwise, I suspect that alcohol removes a certain bit of euphoria/enjoyment from buprenorphine (I don't like alcohol and buprenorphine, it's a bad combo, I don't enjoy it, I never enjoyed alcohol really but I just cannot enjoy nor tolerate it on buprenorphine).

I think buprenorphine has a certain anti-depressant/mood-lift effect that tends to satisfy the feelings/reasons a person might drink in the first place, this is another thought I have had about this.

These are my thoughts regarding what you have brought up, I hope that they at least shed some light onto your inquiry. :)

I am glad to hear Suboxone has helped prevent you from drinking, or encouraged you to quit (I don't know the best way to put it) - that is really great news, and maybe Suboxone could help others who have issues/problems with alcohol help to abstain in the future. :)

i think it has to do with the naloxone in the suboxone why drinking wouldnt be as enjoyable.Naloxene was used in alchol dependency b4 opiates i think im not sure so check it out.

i think it has to do with the naloxone in the suboxone why drinking wouldnt be as enjoyable.Naloxene was used in alchol dependency b4 opiates i think im not sure so check it out.

Sorry to totally discount your theory, but naloxone is very short lived and I doubt that it is what deters people from drinking.

yup, i went from drinking heavily every day, to drinking maybe once a week and only like three beers......

How is naltrexone used to treat alcoholism?
Naltrexone is a medicine that reduces your desire for alcohol after you stop drinking. Naltrexone may help you stay sober for a long time. This medicine is not a complete cure for alcoholism, but it can help you stop drinking while you get other treatments that your doctor will talk about with you.

How does naltrexone work?
Naltrexone blocks the parts of your brain that “feel” pleasure when you use alcohol and narcotics. When these areas of the brain are blocked, you feel less need to drink alcohol, and you can stop drinking more easily. Unlike disulfiram, another medicine that is sometimes used to treat alcoholism, naltrexone does not make you feel sick if you drink alcohol while taking it.

this is what i found
which i guess would make it harder to enjoy or even get drunk.

I donno if these are safe to IV... I just got a script and dissolved a film in a half cc of water.

I then attempted to filter with cotton.

It wouldnt go into the 31 g syringe.

I then added another half cc and stirred for a few seconds.

Now i can filter it through cotton, but very slowly... Like, a minute to fill a half cc syringe.

I then, skeptical but trusting fellow blue lighters, decided to inject.

Upon registering, the blood did not freely mix into the barrel, but rather slowly came into only the vacuum space in the syringe. It did not mix with the solution in the barrel.

I felt like it looked weird and decided to only push half of the first half cc shot.

I then removed the syringe and realized that there was no visible blood in the barrel at all...

I didnt have any bad reaction or anything... but I am worried about IVing this stuff...

I think personally its a bit too thick to be safely injected.

Anyone else that ACTUALLY HAS IVd the new suboxone film?

Does this sound familiar to your experience? what guage needle did you use? how much water?

After trying the strips out, I found that the last two quarters that i took didnt want to dissolve as quickly as the first two. i noticed no degradation but they sat under my tounge for a few minutes before disolving. they were out of the pack for a week, in all, by the time i took the last quarter. they were stored well. it was much less of a issue than i expected but i could see it being a problem if they were stored in the open for extended time.

After trying the strips out, I found that the last two quarters that i took didnt want to dissolve as quickly as the first two. i noticed no degradation but they sat under my tounge for a few minutes before disolving. they were out of the pack for a week, in all, by the time i took the last quarter. they were stored well. it was much less of a issue than i expected but i could see it being a problem if they were stored in the open for extended time.

yea, i think that has something to do with them becoming "crispier" or something once opened for an extended period of time. I couldnt think of a better adjective.

thats exactly what happens to listerine strips when expose to air for too long. they get crispy. but thats for prolonged periods and it doesnt really do anything to them.

thats exactly what happens to listerine strips when expose to air for too long. they get crispy. but thats for prolonged periods and it doesnt really do anything to them.

yea, i forgot to mention that example of the listerine strips. But, since these bupe strips are a pharmaceutical product and contain important active chemicals, leaving them out for any period of time could possible reduce there effectivenenss either through degredation of the active ingredients, or possibly through making them harder to dissolve, and consequently, maybe more of the bupe will be swallowed as it could take a longer period of time to dissolve and absorb.

I donno if these are safe to IV... I just got a script and dissolved a film in a half cc of water.

I then attempted to filter with cotton.

It wouldnt go into the 31 g syringe.

I then added another half cc and stirred for a few seconds.

Now i can filter it through cotton, but very slowly... Like, a minute to fill a half cc syringe.

I then, skeptical but trusting fellow blue lighters, decided to inject.

Upon registering, the blood did not freely mix into the barrel, but rather slowly came into only the vacuum space in the syringe. It did not mix with the solution in the barrel.

I felt like it looked weird and decided to only push half of the first half cc shot.

I then removed the syringe and realized that there was no visible blood in the barrel at all...

I didnt have any bad reaction or anything... but I am worried about IVing this stuff...

I think personally its a bit too thick to be safely injected.

Anyone else that ACTUALLY HAS IVd the new suboxone film?

Does this sound familiar to your experience? what guage needle did you use? how much water?

Yea I noticed that it seemed a little thicker than normal water should be. I injected it a couple times but I don't think it is good for you at all. I don't know though some people say it is fine but I just got a bad feeling about it.

Ive been goin to a sub doc for about 16 months (still at 24mgs a day, well thats what they think, more like 2mgs a day) and today i went and he told me my next refill in 2 weeks will probably be the film and he showed me what they look like. it seems like a VERY good thing for people like me who try to stay off real opiates but i get needle fever every now and then and bang my dose. he said they dissolve WAY faster, almost immediately, which sounds fantastic. i just ran through this thread to see what people think. im probably gonna risk an arm for you bluelighters and let you know more IV feedback when i get mine, as well as a full review after i have them a few days. if ANYONE has had any VERY BAD effects from IV'ing them let me know before hand, please lol. i use 3cc 25g rigs so maybe it'll work better that way if the solution is thick... or worse... idk about putting thick liquid in my veins but ill do 2mgs with 2ccs+ of water so that'll probably be a better IV solution. but ill let you guys know as much as possible information when i get mine, IV'ing and sublingual.

^ you should still use a micron filter even though it's not a pill.. http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=481622

and yes they do dissolve faster and better and the solution is almost clear instead of orange but that doesn't necessarily mean it's safer.
and 25g needles are kinda big don't you think? i use 29's (when i IV) and i think they are the perfect size and barely leave a mark.

my doc gave me a $75 off Discount Card for the Strips, which is pointless since my copayment under insurance is only $30....when i was on medciaid, the STRIPS were SO NEW it wasnt even on the forumulary yet for coverage so all medcaid people had to pay $400+ cash, thank god i have 2ndary insreuance and pay $30 for 84 strips 4 week supply,, so i dont need that $75 off card

Discount card good for tabs too!

my pharmacy doesn't have strips yet, but I gave them the discount card anyway. It worked! I got a sweet discount on the tablets! I didn't think it would go through the system since the card only says its for the strips, but try it out! My pharmacy is a regional grocery store chain, but I bet it would work anywhere.

Hope this helps someone out:)

You can bang the new strips. It might be kinda of syrupy but it works very well. Use a decent amount of water, and dont bang more than a quarter at a time.

I see, I think the problem was that I use half cc 31g needles, which makes every part of prepping something for injection a little bit more difficult. Especially with solutions of this viscosity.

I will try doing a 2mg shot with a half cc of water and see how it compares to when i shot a whole one in 2 seperate half cc shots....

I will report back...

Update: The difference between a quarter strip and a whole strip is ridiculously more than the difference between a quarter pill, and a whole pill.... Which is weird, because the difference between a whole pill and a quarter pill is much more matter than the difference between a strip and a quarter strip....

I dont know why this is , but it leads me to think that there is SOMETHING worse for injection in the strips. But If you use less than a quarter strip it seems to be thin enough to where it wont matter....

I still dont know though.... I need to stop IVing anyways.... but I just restocked on syringes... fuck my life

Last edited:
my doc has not even mentioned the strips to me, so i have not asked.....

my doc has not even mentioned the strips to me, so i have not asked.....

im lucky, my doctor seems to distrust the strips(allthough I could be reading him wrong)...either way, he doesn't seem to be making anyone switch over.
Atleast I know that hes not making me switch over.

im not totally against the strips, just the tabs are what i know, so i would prefer to stay doing what i know.....

Status
Not open for further replies.